Overall rating and opinion of "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L Junior

Use this forum to discuss the June 2022 Book of the Month, "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings", by Mike L Junior.
Nyam Bura
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyam-bura.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L Junior

Post by Nyam Bura »

I have tried reading this book. The plot is amazing. The book cover and the title are interesting. But there are so many errors that somehow discourage you from reading. I only hope that the author will do something about the editing.
Gnex_09
Favorite Book: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnex-09.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Gnex_09 »

What drew my attention to this book was the attractive book cover. However, I did not like the fact that the book was not properly edited as I found so many errors that distorted my understanding of the book. I really hope that the author will take correction.
Hue-Morningstar
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hue-morningstar.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Hue-Morningstar »

Watchdogs! The title is captivating. However, the story or rather the behaviour of the characters contrasts with the title as a whole. Personally, when I read the title, I expected to meet characters that act like wolves. As in, characters being able to transform into wolves. Having to eat like carnivores on those who fell victims to their deeds. More blood-shedding as in blood baths.
Drmol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drmol.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Drmol »

This book's plot is amazing, I liked the story line. It was descriptive and creative. I would have given the book 4 star but because of the errors I rate it a 2. I think the book need a professional editor to make it an amazing book.
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

The errors were such a huge letdown for me. But besides that, it could have been a perfect book that would have received four out four stars from me. But now I rate it three out of four stars. The style of writing was different. Something I haven't read in a long while now. The cover was also intriguing.
Obi Egbuniwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obi-egbuniwe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Obi Egbuniwe »

I think the narrative was handled quite well. The elements of fear and uncertainty added a lot of richness to the book. I found the world it created to be believable despite its post-apocalyptic setting. The characters weren't a highlight for me. They served the plot well and that's about it. The errors were atrocious and made reading very difficult. It's a 2 out of 4 stars for me.
Stephanie Kanu
Currently Reading: A dream for peace
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladywhyte3.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Stephanie Kanu »

To me, the plot fell a little flat. I found myself struggling to continue reading and the abundance of errors didn't make it any easier. The author should proofread once more. Maybe even edit some of the dialogue to make it a little more interesting.
Tori_J
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tori-j.html
Latest Review: Aprende ABC con los animales de Puerto Rico by Yeseira Caro

Post by Tori_J »

I completely agree with you.
Nwulu wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 00:44 The book gets a 3 out of 4 rating from me because there are a number of errors in the book. However I found the title and cover to be in tandem with each other, the readers minds anticipates a captivating and intriguing reading experience from there.
I completely agree with you. I especially found the book cover fascinating. The errors were a bit distracting, though. I am yet to finish reading it. When I do, I will give my rating.
Tony Official
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-official.html
Latest Review: America’s Loveless Age: Trumpism, FemPower, the End of Patriarchy by Noel Terry

Post by Tony Official »

I found so many errors in this book. But this is the only flaw this book had. The plotline was beautiful, and the story itself was interesting. The author did not employ the use of ambiguous words in this book. All the words used we're easy to understand. My most enjoyable scene was the post apocalyptic scene. It was the most beautiful
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

This book's storyline is seemed fascinating. Sadly, it had a lot of editing issues. I love the book's cover; it gave the book a great appearance but the number of profanities were just too much
Sammy Kamau 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sammy-kamau-2.html
Latest Review: Radioland by m.e. Elzey

Post by Sammy Kamau 2 »

It has a nice storyline the narration is good and some amount of action but editorial errors and 'xyz' that I did not understand what it meant were a turn-off
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

In my opinion, I will rate this book 3 out are 4 stars because I found some errors. but the book keeps one in suspense and the plotting was an Asa amazing one
Lawrence+2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawrence-2.html
Latest Review: The Ranting of an Uneducated Reactionary by Oscar J. Phillips

Post by Lawrence+2 »

Regardless of the numerous errors in the book, the story line of the book is intriguing and very easy to read and understand.
Joy Williams 4
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-williams-4.html
Latest Review: Lilly Of The Mountains by D. L. Yoder
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Joy Williams 4 »

:techie-studyingbrown: :congratualtions-smiley: :cooking: :topic: I agree stateing the opinion of the book, and why we chose this particular book.
John Owen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by John Owen »

The cover is appealing, just like the title is. It also has a nice and suspense-filled plot and wonderful character development. It's a perfect rating of 4 for me.
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.

Return to “Discuss "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L Junior”