Nook vs. Kindle

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Ktwills79
Currently Reading: Mistress Bradstreet
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktwills79.html
Latest Review: The Elf Archive - Book Two of the Magi Charter by Jordan David
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Re: Nook vs. Kindle

Post by Ktwills79 »

I've been wondering this same thing myself--I currently use a Nook SimpleTouch, but the screen is starting to get lines through it so I think I'll be getting a new eReader soon. I'm thinking about the Kindle, but would like whichever one is easiest to use with library books.
BarryEM
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by BarryEM »

From what I've heard from others who use Library books the Kobo Aura One is the easiest to use since it has that feature built-in and let's you find library books from the device. I don't use library books and I don't have that device. I'm just repeating what others have said.

I use a Kindle Paperwhite and I'm perfectly happy with that. I also have the latest Nook and an old Kobo and they're both okay but the Kindle is my preferred ereader.

Barry
CorkyBookworm
Currently Reading: In the Grip of Grace
Bookshelf Size: 65

Post by CorkyBookworm »

I own both and love both for different reasons. I had my Nook first; it was my grandfather's hand-me-down, but I have a sentimental attachment to it. I am an avid B&N fan, so I've always loved the Nook. I've used my grandfather's newer ones too and really like the set up of his current one. I believe the Nooks are kind of dying out though. At least, that's what I read.

My kindle, on the other hand, is tied only to my account so it only has my books on it, which is nice for organizational purposes. But, oh my gosh! It's so light! It fits in my back pocket and is so thin it makes the Nook look like a thick paperweight! I bought the Voyage and love nearly everything about it. The only thing I wish were different is that it's black and white and I didn't realize that when I bought it. I really would have liked color for all of the cool covers out there, but honestly, it doesn't affect the actual reading.
Nanig83006
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nanig83006.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Nanig83006 »

I have both in my home and we love each for different reasons. I love my nook because I can sideload epub and pdf files with ease. Kindle only allows mobi files. I would see this as a downer, but there are also exclusive books for Kindle which are great reads. Each has their pros and cons, but I personally lean toward nook because of the ability to side load epub/pdf files.
czar_milli
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by czar_milli »

I think kindle will be better
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

I can't offer an opinion on the Nook because I don't know anyone here who has one. My husband and my friends all use different versions of the Kindle. I use the Kindle Fire and love it!
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by jesscat304 »

I love using my kindle, so much. It’s easy to use and links easily to all the places where books can be purchased. You can also read PDFs easily by looking up the documents tab, as it holds documents, books, audibles and many more.
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

I don't think there is any big difference but some ot the features are better in kindle like kindle unlimited and amazon audible.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”