eBooks

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
justicehandler
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: eBooks

Post by justicehandler »

Well, there's a really big differences with it. I think, e-books may save money and space unlike having visible books.
DaveOl

Post by DaveOl »

Erin71 wrote:I, too, am weary of e-book readers because of being old fashioned wanting the feel of the book in my hands. That being said, I can also see the convenience of the e-books/readers and am seriously considering a Kindle reader. I'm wondering if this is a good choice. I don't want to spend a lot of money, not knowing whether or not, it will be for 'me.' What I like best about it is saving the space in the home. Can anyone tell me if Kindle is a quality reader?
Thanks,
Erin
Kindle's are great for reading. If you don't want to spend much, they make a smaller one for $ 79.95 that you can get at Staples or Walmart.
red3devil

Post by red3devil »

Bighuey wrote:E books are great space savers. If my e books were real books, I would have to rent a warehouse to hold them all.
I totally agree! :)
kayla_qt
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-qt.html

Post by kayla_qt »

I love eBooks!! :P

-- 02 Sep 2012, 03:47 --

eBooks, however, are NO substitute for the feeling of a real book in your hands!
changoora

Post by changoora »

thank a lot for sharing this info
linkerlink

Post by linkerlink »

An e-book is stands for electronic book .. which we can read on our laptop and PC or their desktop..PDF format is a popular format for eBooks. All platforms are able to gain access and read PDF formatting....
Shapewear

Post by Shapewear »

ebook are very good way to read book and download in your pc. i use bookchums and ebook
annaonweb

Post by annaonweb »

ebOOk is a good option for reading on net and it provides lot of topics which you want to read .
booklvr62
Favorite Author: Richard Preston many
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Dandelion Wine</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by booklvr62 »

A MAJOR,MAJOR,benefit is the ability to adjust text size.Plus it is awesome to be able to carry around an entire library with you! I have over 600 ebooks on my Kindle Touch and all but about 5-6 were Kindle Freebies! I check out eReaderIQ.com everyday for the Freebies to download.Plus I got many classics[Jane Austen-ect] free from Amazon.
superb8effect

Post by superb8effect »

with ebooks, I can share it to my children and grandchildren without worrying about moth-eaten paper book.
Abbles

Post by Abbles »

You can't beat the feel of a real book and there are a lot of awful ebooks you have to sort through to find a good book but once you have a lot of ebooks they are easy to carry around on one small device instead of a massive book.
facebook fans

Post by facebook fans »

thanks for providing such a good information..
tjbr52

Post by tjbr52 »

I have over eight hundred novels in my house most under my bed. The ones that went for pennies and I couldn't order through Amazon I wrote to authors and got autographed copies. I'm an author too. I love to read. Just got a kindle reader. Didn't think I would succomb but did. I see a book. I want to read it now. I don't want to wait two weeks. Boom. Order. Done. Buy a book? Spend time going to the store, spend money on gas...why bother to waste time, I have too much writing and reviewing to do.
Luna Tsubasa

Post by Luna Tsubasa »

When e-readers started to become popular I was very wary about buying one, after all I love holding a good book, seeing how many pages have been read and how many I have left, its a wonderful feeling. My boyfriend bought an e-reader and he loved it, so needless to say I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Surprisingly enough I feel in love with e-readers. I still can not resist reading a physical book and still go out of my way to read one. However having an e-reader has allowed me access to books for significantly less money, if not for free, and a wider variety of books from around the world that are not always carried by the average bookstore. E-readers usual have a built in dictionary and will occasionally have dictionaries for various languages. I always used to carry a book in my purse, but this would lead to a very heavy purse and minor damage to the book in question no matter how hard I tried to prevent it. Having an e-reader allows me to carry thousands of books, so I can read what ever book I choose while I am out and about or on a long car trip. Also, since most e-readers do not have a built in back light, they do not stress your eyes, which was a concern for me.
I recommend for anyone who has not tried an e-reader to at least give them a try. They will never replace physical books or my love for them, no matter how much I love my e-reader.
Dphaber
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dphaber.html
Latest Review: "The Icarus Prediction" by RD Gupta

Post by Dphaber »

red3devil wrote:
Bighuey wrote:E books are great space savers. If my e books were real books, I would have to rent a warehouse to hold them all.
I totally agree! :)
And I as well. My bedroom is completely packed with the print books I already owned before getting into eBooks, and I have hundreds more digitally on my phone now. I wouldn't have room for walking around without eBooks!
Latest Review: "The Icarus Prediction" by RD Gupta

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”