eBooks

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Auggie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: eBooks

Post by Auggie »

I love my kindle!

With as many books as I read it can get really expensive purchasing them at the local bookstores.

The reason I bought the kindle int he first place was because I was traveling. At the time I was teaching English in Korea so I couldn't bring all of my books along and there isn't a huge selection of English-language books to choose from abroad, so I bought the ereader.

The e-book versions are MUCH cheaper than their physical counterpart, the kindle is lightweight, and very very portable. I can purchase books absolutely anywhere (I have 3G on mine), and the delivery of the book to my device is instant. This means that I don't have to wait to read the next book I want to read.

The only downside to the Kindle is that you can't build your physical library (for obvious reasons), and once you've spent $3-12 on an ebook you don't want to go out and drop another $15-25 for the actual book to put on your shelves.

I've never come across an ebook that was 'less' as far as content than the original book. The ebook versions should be absolutely identical to their physical counterparts. The only issue with ereaders and books is that any pictures/artwork/special letters in the book are going to be harder to read.

Kindle supports ebooks from AMAZON and I've found that there is a much bigger selection through amazon than there is through any specific book store (Like B&N). Not to mention Amazon physical books are usually a few dollars cheaper than the ones you'll purchase directly from a book seller.

My kindle has a keyboard which allows me to highlight passages and type notes in the book. I can even share the passages and notes with others via internet. This is great for me, because sometimes I read a line I really like and I still get the opportunity to save it by 'writing it down'.

All in all, I have nothing truly negative to say about my eReader. It's great and I've been enjoying it now for 2 years!
manirser

Post by manirser »

Now people are learning people are increasing day by day. Before e-books i was learning the many general books it very expansive and the high cost. by using the e-book we can also save the space of the which was allowing in the home.
I like e-book very much. my hobbies collect rear e-books.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

I heard something on the news that people are starting to go back to paper books, mostly young people. Maybe e books are just a fad, like hula hoops and pet rocks.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
solushunz

Post by solushunz »

I have no more words to thanks you for this helpful feedback.I like it.
jamesdeser

Post by jamesdeser »

According to me ebook is a book-length publication in digital form, consisting of text, images, or both, and produced on, published through, and readable on computers or other electronic devices.
raymcwilliams

Post by raymcwilliams »

hiiii Thank you so much for sharing such type of matter.
susan941

Post by susan941 »

Hi Everyone.......Just joined and not sure how to navigate at the moment. I am usually a Best Seller list reader, but once in awhile take a trip away. I found this book when I went looking for Secret Service adventures. It is writen by a fellow who had a federal career from Sky Marshal to Treasury Agent several years ago. He did some Secret Service work while stationed in Washington. Basically it's a few tell all, some humorous adventures of his SS work. The book is an easy read and full of adventures of a real to life guy. 'Memoirs of a US Federal' Agent by Michael Paar.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Welcome. That sounds like an interesting book.

I think theres an intro thread, but Im not sure.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
susan941

Post by susan941 »

Hi: Thanks for the reply. Yes, Amazon has the book in paperpack and in ebook. Take a peak.
Alexenderbill

Post by Alexenderbill »

nice paiece of information has been share by you i like to say that e books are good to have,
trackon

Post by trackon »

eBook is the best way spreading information fastest way.
Hourglass
Favorite Author: Too many to choose
Favorite Book: I have many favorites
Currently Reading: Blood Song by Anthony Ryan

Post by Hourglass »

I love e-books and Kindle. I don't have an actual Kindle yet, but I downloaded the free app for my PC. Now if I like a book, I can re-read it on my computer and get the paperback for my shelf. Then the paperback stays in good condition and I have a hardcopy of it should some demise come to e-readers. I so hope I can get a Kindle before the year is out. I want to be able to relax on the couch with it.
tinatin

Post by tinatin »

I have a question. Do your children read ebook and Kindle?
Hourglass
Favorite Author: Too many to choose
Favorite Book: I have many favorites
Currently Reading: Blood Song by Anthony Ryan

Post by Hourglass »

They use the Kindle app on their android thingy.
sankalp

Post by sankalp »

Ebooks are the good for reading and easy for sending one place to another place anywhere in the world.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”