eBooks

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
booklover101
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover101.html

Re: eBooks

Post by booklover101 »

i've heard that many people don't want to get a eBook but you are not betraying books it is just another way to read and not have to wait so long on them to get to you by mail.
ZeroChill
Currently Reading: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zerochill.html
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace

Post by ZeroChill »

I too love the feel we get when we hold a book in our hands and turns its pages. Each page gives out that sweet smell that makes my whole day ;)
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace
jasna123

Post by jasna123 »

thanks for your valid information
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

I love ebooks as they help me save some space at home. Books take up so much space otherwise.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Brandiyh42
Currently Reading:

Post by Brandiyh42 »

Ebooks are glorious! Easy access on multiple devices, without the hassle of bulky books and carrying bags is the dream, for new age tech groups! I know there are some folks that debate the issue of lack of personalization capabilities. However, ebook technology has evolved. Now, personalization highlights, notes, filters have been enhanced. The requirement is that one would be tech savvy in navigating ebooks. :techie-studyinggray:
MUWANGUZI RICHARD

Post by MUWANGUZI RICHARD »

My Name is Muwanguzi Richardz from Uganda. I got to learn about the E-Book in 2016. This has really enhanced my reading culture..

There is nothing new under the sun. Every challenge we are facing now or will face in future has already been faced and documented by someone. The knowledge we need for the next level in our purpose is already in a particular book or resource somewhere.
All we have to do is to Seek out those books or resources. We need to be an addicted student. I study the work of others. I read books voraciously. This is because i understood that leaders are leaders and leaders are readers. Anyone that will make an impact in the world must be a student of those who have gone ahead.
Jesus demonstrated this at age twelve when He was with the doctors and teachers in the temple asking them questions. It is those who ask questions that become answers. It is seekers of knowledge that are eventually sought out. Go ahead. Stock up your library, like I did and immerse yourself in the study of great works. I guarantee you that success will rub off on you and you will find satisfaction in your purpose.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

Richard Muwanguzi
Uganda
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

Thanks for the information. I really love using kindle as it is very convenient But nothing can replace the physical copy of the books.
Stephanie Parker 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-parker-3.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Stephanie Parker 3 »

Personally I love having hardcopy books. I have bookshelves full of paperbacks from over the years. There is something special about being able to turn the page and feel the pages in your hand. For me there is also the smell factor. I love the smell of books, fresh and old. Smell is one of our strongest senses tied to memory and the smell of books has always made me happy. So when I am purchasing books I will go for physical copies.

Now I love to read more than my wallet can handle and this is where ebooks come in handy. I am an avid library user and my preferred format for borrowing books is the ebook. The ease of checking out a book is the biggest draw. I can have multiple books out from the library and not have to worry about keeping track of the books and returning them by the due date. You also do not need to worry about your bookmark falling out and losing your place. This also comes in handy when traveling since you only need to pack whatever device you read on instead of multiple physical books.

In my experience an ebook is just a digital reproduction of the book, including any additional components such as maps or images. There have been books that weren't properly formatted for the ebook but that has been rare in my experience. One of the other drawbacks is that it is not as convenient to flip back to an earlier page which when you have maps and such at the beginning you might want to do throughout.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”