Do you prefer an e-book to paperback and why?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Top_secrettt
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do you prefer an e-book to paperback and why?

Post by Top_secrettt »

I myself prefer an e-book. I can read many interesting books on internet. I don't have to pay for it. Another advantage is that e-books are in a lot of language. I'm a person which travel a lot so E-book is easier available to use for me. E-book is definitly better option for me, but on the other hand I love spending my free time read fantasy book, near fireplace with hot chocolate and marshmallows. So I obviously read more E-book than paperback, but when I find a good paperback of course I read it. :P
RavingReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravingreads.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by RavingReads »

I am divided here. For one, I love holding a paperback and getting lost in the book. When I read, I go for hours and never once look at the clock. However, on the ebook, it's different. On the ebook I am able to see the clock which doesn't allow me to get as lost in the book. But, I also really enjoy how portable the ebooks are. I can read anywhere at anytime.
AvaParker

Post by AvaParker »

I love ebooks. Personally, I use my tablet and several apps for reading.
I like the possibility to use one device for everything: work, drawing, reading, notetaking, etc.
JC gull
Currently Reading: Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 61

Post by JC gull »

I am undecided, while I have my tablet with an e-reader as on it, I still like to hold and smell a real book, there's something tactile comforting about it.

However, books can take a lot of room and gain dust, whereas an ebook can hold hundreds of books and still fit in your pocket.

The downside is unlike a book you have to constantly recharge an ebook and you don't always have a charging point nearby,
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

I much prefer a physical book. Due to life situation at this time, I'm stuck using an e-reader, but I cannot wait for the day that I have my physical in house library once again at my fingertips.
Wolf4416
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wolf4416.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Sean T. Smith

Post by Wolf4416 »

I personally prefer a paper book. I like the feeling of flipping through pages and not having to worry about blue light. My eyes usually hurt after reading ebooks for an extended period of time.
Quinton Lester
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinton-lester.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Quinton Lester »

It feels better flip through the pages and really indulge in what you're reading you can really feel it
Selma Nieuwoudt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-selma-nieuwoudt.html
Latest Review: Brutal Valour: The Tragedy of Isandlwana by James Mace

Post by Selma Nieuwoudt »

Ebooks save me from having to find space for hundreds more books! My physical bookshelves are already overflowing. Plus, ebooks don't need regular dusting and a mobile device with many books is much more portable than carrying boxes full of reading material when visiting or going away on holiday.
emotionalapples

Post by emotionalapples »

paperbooks because ebooks hurts the eyes
maramsp

Post by maramsp »

I have read some books on an ereader on my phone, but i would prefer a normal book by a milestone.
But i wont say i prefer a paperback, cause they are annoying to read. For me a paperback is a book with a soft cover, and hard cover books are so much more nice to read, cause of the grip and such :)
Nichola Taylor 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nichola-taylor-1.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch

Post by Nichola Taylor 1 »

I prefer a paperback! I love to read before I go to sleep, so reading from a phone screen is not good for me at that time of day. Plus I just like the old-fashioned way the best!
Bridgette C 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgette-c-2.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Bridgette C 2 »

I prefer paperback because I want to touch physical book and I can smell it.
isaava02

Post by isaava02 »

eBooks are comfortable and saving paper is more important for me. So, I will prefer to read eBooks rather than paperback
estanlypido12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-estanlypido12.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by estanlypido12 »

Yes, I usually prefer an ebook rather than a paper book. Before, I was fond of reading paperbacks, but things changed. I now feel sleepy every time reading one. Compared to ebooks, it is very convenient and easy to read.
kasedy Fairbairn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasedy-fairbairn.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by kasedy Fairbairn »

It is easier to hold and I can prop it up.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”