eReader Prestigio

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
kmkline120
Currently Reading: Tiny Beautiful Things
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmkline120.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

eReader Prestigio

Post by kmkline120 »

Hi guys! Has anyone else used the app eReader Prestigio for reading? I have read two books on it now and with both of them noticed a lot of typos that other reviews of the same books didn't seem to mention. I am wondering if there is something about this e-reader that is making the formatting funky or something? For example, with the last book I read several sentences had a cluster of letters in the middle, or words would have extra letters tailed onto the end of them. One paragraph even seemed to be starting, but then cut off entirely. But, when I saw reviews from other readers, some of them mentioned that it appeared to be professionally edited. Has anyone else experienced this?! I don't want to give books a lower rating than they deserve based on false errors! Thanks everybody!
ChaosofaMadHatter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chaosofamadhatter.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by ChaosofaMadHatter »

I haven't used that specific platform, but going between various pieces of software with the same file can often cause issues. You'll see this when you upload a microsoft word document to google drive or vice versa- it just doesn't always translate well. When you're dealing with lesser known platforms, it's less likely that the transcript was thoroughly reviewed for that platform specifically before being launched.
Anindya W
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anindya-w.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Anindya W »

I've only started using eReader Prestigio and it works just fine. Although, I'm not sure about it being able to change or mess up the format of the book. I tried to look it up and I haven't been able to find any review about this matter.
Amina-Ibrahim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amina-ibrahim.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Amina-Ibrahim »

I have a prestigio tablet but I have disabled the app. It didn't open my books and if it did, it stopped often. I use Aldiko and kindle app to read books on my tablet now.
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

I haven't used it so far. I would really want to explore the features and the choice of books that are being offered in their platform.
Helen Akoth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Post by Helen Akoth »

I once used the app and noticed the the same problem. I left using and went to a similar app called ReadEra. So far, so good.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”