eBooks vs Wattpad

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Abdo Sonbol
Favorite Author: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Currently Reading: The Da Vinci Code
Bookshelf Size: 32
fav_author_id: 2366

Re: eBooks vs Wattpad

Post by Abdo Sonbol »

cheap ebooks?
why???
we actually pay for the writing style and the ideas in the book even if it is not a physical one.
maybe it an easy way to have a huge library in my 1-gigabyte space on my phone. that's the main reason to have ebooks rather than physical ones.
Kiran Kanwar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiran-kanwar.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Kiran Kanwar »

Wattpad is more preferable because it is free to read books there. Ebooks, though cheaper than physical books, are still expensive for young readers. That is why Wattpad is the go-to option.
usef nahg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usef-nahg.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by usef nahg »

wattpad is pretty much only fanfiction and it can be hard finding (good) original work.
id definitely just stick with published e-books by proffesional authors as wattpad is full of children writing for the first time
Bridgette C 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgette-c-2.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Bridgette C 2 »

I don't use wattpad. I even removed it from my phone.
estanlypido12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-estanlypido12.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by estanlypido12 »

I cannot discount Wattpad because I started there. However, for now, I would choose ebooks. There are a whole lot more free ebooks there that literally lift my spirit.
Blessing O 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-o-2.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Blessing O 2 »

I use wattpad but I prefer Lightreader because it has more free books with a short update not as much as that of wattpad, that you have to update a book every now and then. But both apps have a lot of interesting stories.
Preye I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preye-i.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Preye I »

Is that really a actually a question?😂 I am going to say ebooks.
Ayomikun Babalola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomikun-babalola.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Ayomikun Babalola »

Too many of my favourite wattpad novels were abandoned halfway through or at a cliffhanger. I prefer ebooks, there's less emotional suffering.
Bianca Morano
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

I like both ebooks and Wattpad. I can't choose between them. They are good for their specific purposes. Wattpad is my go-to for good fan-fictions because of its simple writing style plus you can comment, like, and share on their platform. eBooks are good for highlighting, bookmarking, and taking notes.
Liza Chulukhadze
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-chulukhadze.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Liza Chulukhadze »

It is actually a great dissapointment when the story you love gets abandoned. To be honest I find wattpad books easier to read so I could read one thick or a few smaller stories in a day, but they weren't quite educational. I much rather ebooks for all the reasons above.
The Dodo Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-dodo-writer.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by The Dodo Writer »

-brintontaylor wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 03:40 So, I have a dilemma.

I love Wattpad, there is such a range of stories and books on the site but I feel most of them don't get finished or get abandoned half way through. I'd start reading a book, and then be notified that it won't be finished...
One advantage of Wattpad though is that the books are free to read which is good for people who can't afford to buy paperback or eBooks.

On the other hand, I love eBooks because you can read books from your favourite authors and you don't even have to go and travel to the book store! In my opinion though, eBooks should be cheaper because you aren't actually getting something physical.

What do you guys prefer? Do any of you use Wattpad?
Ah, Wattpad. I remember when I used to never get tired of being on that site. That was before the advent of ebook readers.

I cannot choose between the two because they have their special places in my heart.
bulliedhealer
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by bulliedhealer »

I can't say that things like wattpad and the like are comparable to e-books and e-book readers. It(wattpad) is almost entirely a service for fanfiction.
Tammy Grey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tammy-grey.html
Latest Review: Not Dead Yet by Mark Fletcher

Post by Tammy Grey »

Wattpad books mainly base on fiction giving a good reading experience. But ebooks gives assess to more mature books and a long lasting joy and experience.
Nele Ma
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nele-ma.html
Latest Review: Reconceptualizing Mental Illness in the Digital Age by Elliott B. Martin, Jr.
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Nele Ma »

Both eBooks and Wattpad have their merits. eBooks offer a wide selection of professionally published literature, convenient accessibility, and often better formatting. Wattpad, on the other hand, provides a platform for aspiring writers to share their work, fosters a sense of community, and offers a plethora of free stories. It ultimately depends on your preference and what you're looking for in your reading experience.
Sparrave
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparrave.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Sparrave »

Definitely e-books. Most published ebooks have been edited to a degree and are usually more professionally written than Wattpad stories. I’ve had to stop reading a lot of stories on Wattpad because I couldn’t deal with the amount of grammar errors I saw.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”