eBooks vs Wattpad

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
-brintontaylor
Currently Reading: Pretty Little Liars
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brintontaylor.html
Latest Review: Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

eBooks vs Wattpad

Post by -brintontaylor »

So, I have a dilemma.

I love Wattpad, there is such a range of stories and books on the site but I feel most of them don't get finished or get abandoned half way through. I'd start reading a book, and then be notified that it won't be finished...
One advantage of Wattpad though is that the books are free to read which is good for people who can't afford to buy paperback or eBooks.

On the other hand, I love eBooks because you can read books from your favourite authors and you don't even have to go and travel to the book store! In my opinion though, eBooks should be cheaper because you aren't actually getting something physical.

What do you guys prefer? Do any of you use Wattpad?
uncommonly known
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by uncommonly known »

Ah yes, I use wattpad and I think ,it is the best approach for young readers (old too) to read books for free and there are many authors on wattpad that are pretty famous and they have amazing books. Also, it has published books.
For ebooks, they are very nice but they take much more space than books on wattpad does and they aren't free so I prefer wattpad.
Nanig83006
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nanig83006.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Nanig83006 »

Both are great, but I don't believe they're similar. In my opinion, though many authors post original work, Wattpad is mostly fanfiction stories. From my experience, people who write fanfiction sometimes get distracted with everyday life and either forget their stories or simply choose not to finish them. It's devastating because it's usually the really great ones this happens with.

As for ebooks, those are the stories authors don't give up on. Personally, I'd lean more toward ebooks because I won't suffer from heartbreak of an amazing unfinished story. It doesn't mean I won't invest my time on Wattpad, but I find it emotionally safer with finished ebooks.
garima597
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-garima597.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by garima597 »

Both ebook and wattpad has their advantages. Wattpad allows me to read books free of cost so I gets to explore more of them while ebook allows me to read books which I have intended to read.
G@RIMA :techie-studyingbrown:
Edidiongmfon120

Post by Edidiongmfon120 »

I've got this friend who wanted to write on wattpad, but he lost interest in it overtime because he said it was boring. What I'm trying to say is that wattpad gives room for people who are not serious with writing. Someone could have something interesting to write but because of one reason or another not complete it. This can make readers that are interested in that article or story/fiction to be disappointed and they lose interest in checking out wattpad updates. Unlike wattpad, ebooks are completed before being uploaded. This is why individuals are more interested in ebook than wattpad
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

I love wattpad. While some stories are not finished and it's frustrating, most of them are worth reading. ebooks are great but I love wattpad more.
HailKingEbi
Currently Reading: The Notebook
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailkingebi.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by HailKingEbi »

Wattpad books are frustrating because most leave you hanging. but with ebooks, you get your complete novel. it's definitely ebooks over Wattpad for me.
We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings - Doctor Manhattan.
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

I love both wattpad and ebooks, but you are right wattpad is free and ebooks are pretty expensive sometimes. If I have enough money to buy an ebook I'll choose ebook but if I am broke then I'll go with wattpad.
dreamthewilderness
Currently Reading: Atlas Shrugged
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dreamthewilderness.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by dreamthewilderness »

I used Wattpad for a year or so, and am a current eBook reader as well - and honestly, I view them as two very different experiences (though I have found OnlineBookClub to be fairly similar to Wattpad). For me, Wattpad was a community-based experience, where writers could explore their work and the work of others to expand on their trade. eBooks seem to be much more consumption-based to me - where completed products can be read.
prayz_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by prayz_ »

In my opinion, stories on Wattpad can be cliché and are usually similar. For this reason, I'll rather use normal E book readers.
Ellagrey

Post by Ellagrey »

I love using both but wattpad stories can leave you in suspense and then you'll have to wait for an update which can be annoying but worth it
Popcorn1
Currently Reading: The reel sistelrs
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-popcorn1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Popcorn1 »

I use both. When I read on wattpad, I have to make sure that the book is completed before adding it to my library.
Bookaddict1247

Post by Bookaddict1247 »

I prefer wattpad because the books there are free and you get a chance to write you books without have you dear that it I'd going to be the worst book out there ant that the editors or publishers won't have to reject it.
IamShing
Favorite Book: Doctor Sleep
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamshing.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by IamShing »

I have used wattpad before and it is working good for me. might as well for you
'Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.'
Aubrey Lewis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubrey-lewis.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aubrey Lewis »

I use WattPad. I've posted stories there a few times and I've also tried reading some fanfiction and original stories in the platform. However, the good ones are very rare to find, and most of them are unfinished. If I were to choose, I prefer ebooks all the way. Not only do I get to read my favourite authors, I also get more invested in the stories. It's a better experience than WattPad.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”