Do you think there are good books on Wattpad?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Re: Do you think there are good books on Wattpad?

Post by CinWin »

What is Wattpad? I have never heard of it. How does it compare with onlinebookclub and Goodreads?
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
Laceyadams
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laceyadams.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Laceyadams »

If you are a voracious reader,then you will find Wattpad boring. You have to wait for an update which may or may never come. Once upon a time it was my first go to, but now...well, I explore other options.
Christineegm
Favorite Book: And I Darken
Currently Reading: Love and Friendship
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christineegm.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Christineegm »

Wattpad is great but as mentioned many of the novels are unfinished. However I do go on to see author’s profiles. Sometimes they upload experts or deleted scenes or even a short spinoff. I find great novels if it’s a popular author.
kinjoz
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinjoz.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by kinjoz »

Of course there are good books on Wattpad! The trick is in finding them as a lot of books on the app nowadays are by very young writers, if I may say so. The quality of the work leaves a lot to be desired, though the storylines do have some potential. Also, if you are an avid reader on Wattpad, you are likely to exhaust the good ones in no time and start getting exasperated as you search for more. You may find some good books being worked on and you may choose to either read by the update or wait for the books' completion. I like my books complete before I start on them so it can get a bit tiresome to wait for a writer to complete their book so you can have a good flow reading it.
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

Of course there are good books on wattpad. Have you read Chasing red or Bullied?
HailKingEbi
Currently Reading: The Notebook
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailkingebi.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by HailKingEbi »

the Storm and silence series in Wattpad is fun and hilarious. Also Sweet bastard. there are nice books on Wattpad honestly.
We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings - Doctor Manhattan.
Kobby doxa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Kobby doxa »

I think for a while now wattpad is a cool platform for great novels that puts me in suspense...
Its a great source of interesting stories and tend to learn a lot ...
The developers and authors should keep the job up....by trying their best to update the books to make it far more interesting for hungry readers like me :techie-reference:
Kim_venus
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kim_venus »

I also love wattpad but it is true that it is really hard to find a good books on wattpad because some books are almost the same however there are stories that still awesome and unique which keeps me reading wattpad 24/7😊😊
dhangzkee

Post by dhangzkee »

Well, I'm a fan of wattpad. I have this app installed in my phone. I actually think there are plenty of great stories in wattpad depending on the type of story you wanna read (I'm not being biased :lol2: ).
Popcorn1
Currently Reading: The reel sistelrs
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-popcorn1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Popcorn1 »

Yes. There are many good books on wattpad. There is one particular author that caught my interest because her works are amazing.
mamilla93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamilla93.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by mamilla93 »

There are some good books, but you really have to look for them. Most of these are not edited properly, so it might get frustrating though.
Ekta Kumari
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Humanity Must Survive the 21st Century by Theodore Vornicu
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari »

I used to read many fiction books and poetry on wattpad. Some were really good. I think it's a great place to discover writers. In fact, I'm going to get back on it.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant
Melvin Samuel Kargbo

Post by Melvin Samuel Kargbo »

:D yes
onemorechap
Currently Reading: House of Eire
Bookshelf Size: 310
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onemorechap.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B014GCG150

Post by onemorechap »

Yes!!! I have read so many that I loved! Between Heaven and Hell was my favourite Wattpad book! Also, one of my favourite authors, Rebecca Anne Bishop had uploaded her unpublished book "The girl from our Moon" there for a while!
Aubrey Lewis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubrey-lewis.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aubrey Lewis »

There are great books on Wattpad. And yeah, I agree that they're rare to find there. Most of the stories I've encountered in the platform are either unfinished or not very well-written to my tastes. It's why in the end, I only resort to posting my stories there, and nothing else.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”