Mobile ebook apps: which ones do you use?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
heliz_t
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heliz-t.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Mobile ebook apps: which ones do you use?

Post by heliz_t »

Which ebook reader apps do you have on your phone? I mainly read physical books, but I have google play books and amazon kindle on my phone, and use both now and then. What are your experiences of these apps? Any other recommendations?
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

I just started using Ebook Prestigio. I like it for now, but it has been just one day. If I don't forget, I'll try to update this in a few weeks.
Cedadams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Cedadams »

I have iBooks, Kindle, Nook and BAMreader on my iPad and iPhone, and all but iBooks on my PC. I mostly use iBooks, but use Kindle quite a bit as well. I think iBooks gives the closest feel to paper books because of the way it handles page-turning and numbering.
RJWaugh
Favorite Author: Christine Feehan
Currently Reading: The Word Collector
Bookshelf Size: 441
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rjwaugh.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD
fav_author_id: 2573

Post by RJWaugh »

There are so many Ebook apps out there. I would really like to know which one is best. I have only tried kindle and I love it, yet I would really like a free one as well. Any advice?
TheRedQueen22
Favorite Book: Fight or Flight
Currently Reading: Breaking Hollywood
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theredqueen22.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by TheRedQueen22 »

I have iBooks because I'm an Apple user. I also have a Kindle for books I purchased from Amazon and back when I was still using an Android phone, I used Aldiko reader. I tried a lot of reading app before and for my taste, Aldiko is the one who got it.
heliz_t
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heliz-t.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by heliz_t »

Thanks for all your replies. I'm happy enough for now with the Amazon Kindle app for anything bought from Amazon, and google play books for anything else.
@uyky - how are you getting on with Ebook Prestigio?
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

I use ebook prestigio as well. You can read a wide variety of formats on it and the outlook of the app looks pretty decent. My only problem with it is that it can be hard to highlight sometimes. Good app overall.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
Booknerd222
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Booknerd222 »

I use BookBub for free and discounted EBooks. You can pick certain genres you like and they send you emails with free or discounted books from the genres you picked. I've been using it for a year and I enjoy it a lot.
JosephTee

Post by JosephTee »

I use Adobe and WPS for my ebooks
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

I have just been using the Kindle app as it's just really convenient as compared to the other apps out there.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
tsic
Favorite Book: The Mindset
Currently Reading: The Queen of Xana
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tsic.html
Latest Review: The Narrow Gate by John Servant

Post by tsic »

On an Android device, Moon Reader is among the best ebook readers. There's a free version and pro version. I've been using the pro version for sometimes now and I can recommend it.
"A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.”
Salman Rushdie
Akku24

Post by Akku24 »

I have used Wattapad in past and it give chance to new authors to write their books and also allow users to come across books which have not been published yet. Nowadays I am using Any Books e-book app and is free of cost and a wide range of books are available on it.
Giga51087
Favorite Book: Jurassic Park
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giga51087.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Giga51087 »

I use Moon+ reader an interesting app with a lot of litle things. So i actually recomend this one.

It is free and premiun. The free one uses ads wen you have webservices. So if you turn out your data roaming and wi-fy connections it not bothers you. The premiun one its pretty much the same but with a pair of extra options and no ads at all.

Lets start with the capacities of this E-reader in particular. It uses android plataform and quite the old one like 4.5 so it is compatible with old harware.
The book list displays like and old days wood bookcase a preety design for an app. The premium shows more variability. When you upload the books in the memory to de shelves they become part of the bookcase display (the covers) until you remove it so you can have more than a book a time.
Self traking of the lecture so if you read until page 67 one book and other one to page 130 tey boot have teir hown markings.
Contrast mode: normal black letters aganist a wite background normal images and grapics. And wite letters aganist black background the images and grapics turn in negatives.
Magnifier, it let you adjust the text to your preferences.
Reading safemode: once in an hour and half two maximum shows a message bloking the app 60 seconds giving you reminder to refresh your eyes in order to reduce the damage. It only blocks the app.

It haves a lot of format compatibility Epub, PDF, Mobi and Doc.
Good for tablet and cellphone
Agyeman bright

Post by Agyeman bright »

Pdf drive and library genesis
xuanmaii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xuanmaii.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by xuanmaii »

I use Kindle and Google Play, and sometimes iBooks