What is the best e reader out there?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
natasha juhl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Re: What is the best e reader out there?

Post by natasha juhl »

I am very supportive of the Kindle because it is associate with amazon and all of my accounts are very synchronized between the two devices I have. However it does not have the most amount of formats that you can read for the versions that you want. I would explore an iPad as a tablet reader with apple books and I think it has easier access to pdf and other online copies of books.
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.” – Lemony Snicket
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Post by Wesusa »

Would say probably an I-Pad or any Kindle above Paperwhite. I myself own a paperwhite, however I personally find it to have atrocious detection at times. I still really like it, just would recommend the models above.
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
cogitononsum
Currently Reading: The Great Gatsby
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cogitononsum.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Post by cogitononsum »

I personally think iBooks is the best, it's the easiest to read from, and you can adjust the color and size as well.
Danny Rands
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Danny Rands »

I get why people are into the idea of buying an ebook reader; it's to enjoy that paper-like feel when sit down to wrap your brain around what you're looking at that present moment, but from a personal standpoint if I want it hardcopy I go to a physical store and purchase, if I want the electronic copy I use my smartphone.
pastorlarry
Favorite Author: E.E. Isherwood
Currently Reading: First Wave
Bookshelf Size: 37
fav_author_id: 84150

Post by pastorlarry »

I am patiently waiting for my new E-reader to be delivered. I've been waiting to purchase it what seems like forever! I have a Kindle and a Nook, but I wanted something with newer specs, the ability to read a variety of formats, and a slot for a large amount of expandable memory.

The reader is the Boyue Likebook P6 with a free case. It holds a 128 GB (maximum) micro-sd card, and has a battery life comparable to a Kindle Paperwhite. $130-ish is a grand sum of pocket change for this disabled chap, but I look forward to cherishing this "Best For ME" E-reader for many books to come.

The problem with asking which is the best is that there are different "best" devices dependent upon exactly what task(s) you are wishing to perform on said devices. Comic book readers would (most likely) choose a completely different device than say those simply wishing to read an ordinary e-book, someone wanting an audiobook function, or those strange creatures who purchase the devices in order to then spend hours staring at the stock screensavers! ;)
fiocha1996_25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fiocha1996-25.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by fiocha1996_25 »

In my opinion, Kindle is definitely the best one. You can find any type of book. Also, several books cost less than a dollar or even come for free, you just have to be checking and it helps to save lots of money.
Graham Gill
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: Dixon

Post by Graham Gill »

I've been using Moon Reader+ for a while and found that it is easy to use and surprisingly well updated.
F N Chamomile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-f-n-chamomile.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by F N Chamomile »

After trying out various apps out there, I find at least two particularly good apps. The first one is Media365, which has all basic features and very easy to use. However, the version I once used didn't show up any attached images properly, and since it bothered me a lot when I was reading an ePub with many illustrations, I've stopped using it since.

The second one is Moon+ Reader, which is more advanced, in my opinion. Besides all the basic features and how it shows all images properly, it is pretty customizable as well, so we can personalize the app however we like. I've been using it until now.
Bridgette C 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgette-c-2.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Bridgette C 2 »

You can try moon reader or WPS office... I use these two when my ebook format is in epub and pdf.
estanlypido12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-estanlypido12.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by estanlypido12 »

The best suggestion I can give is Amazon Kindle, Google Playbooks, and Apple Books. They don’t require that much that would put your read complex. With them, you can finish your readings in one sitting.
Preye I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preye-i.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Preye I »

I just use my laptop and I downloaded the app freda to read epub files. It works amazing and it is free.
Blessing O 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-o-2.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Blessing O 2 »

The best ebook reader for me is the Lightreader app.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”