Converting paper books to Ereaders

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Rpriscilla
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Converting paper books to Ereaders

Post by Rpriscilla »

I would love to do that for the books in my library that I haven't read. Reason I would appreciate being able to do that is I love reading in bed and my husband goes to bed early and it is easier to read that way vs a book light.
Mackethan
Currently Reading: The Immune
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Mackethan »

I'd love to be able to get my paperbacks onto my Kindle. Vudu has a thing where you can scan a barcode of a DVD and download the digital file for $2. Something like that with books would be amazing, though not sure how to keep people from going to the library and scanning barcodes to add. I know Amazon has similar, but only if you bought the original from them, and most of mine were bought in person, not from Amazon.
paigegreenpurba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paigegreenpurba.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by paigegreenpurba »

I have considered it because I move and travel so much that I've had to get rid of many of my hard copies anyway, so there are only a few left. It would probably only take me a couple of days to convert all of them, although I'm not sure how I would go about doing that.
Chelsey Coles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsey-coles.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chelsey Coles »

Emilyflint wrote: 01 Jun 2017, 13:22 Would you ever convert your whole library onto an Ereader? If so, how long do you think it would take?

Personally, I would not. I love having my paper books.
I would not do it either.

:eusa-think: But could that be a job? Typing up paper books to ebooks? Sign me up haha.
“It's far less important to me to be liked these days than to be understood.” :sad-teareye:
― Lionel Shriver, We Need to Talk About Kevin
colorsparkle
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colorsparkle.html
Latest Review: The Land of Sunshine and Hell by Maxene Raices

Post by colorsparkle »

I would totally do it to keep an easy library of my books, but I doubt I would get rid of the books I like.
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

It didn't cross my mind to do it, but in fact if I had ever thought of converting, I'd convert my e-books.
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

There are certain things that i would liek to get them digitalised. But not every paper books foir sure. I love to use physical copies of the books.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”