Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Oyeniyi Omotola
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Post by Oyeniyi Omotola »

1) The ebook is in epub format.

2) Android

3) No

6) Can't open the file

7) Tried Mobi can't open too.
Antares
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antares.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Antares »

My phone bricked in the middle of reading the book. Have attempted to contact rt several times. Please release me from this review.
Follow your dreams, read a good book, and put your feet up with a nice glass of wine.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Basya
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-basya.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Basya »

I selected a book to review, available in PDF format. However, when I clicked the download button, the book did not appear on Adobe Digital Editions. This is the second time this has happened. An earlier review book did appear there when I clicked to download it. I have a Kindle app on my phone and laptop, but the title is not in either place. (The book I had trouble with earlier is on the app.)

How can I make sure the book is downloaded, and is it possible to avoid the problem in the future? Thanks for your help.
margaretPH
Currently Reading: The Sex Tourist
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-margaretph.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by margaretPH »

1. PDF
2. ibooks on Iphone
3. Yes
4. ibooks >tab on book icon > download via cloud>usually will open with this method
5. The book cannot be downloaded via cloud last week for final check on review submission.
Pls help to send me the PDF file again. Thank you
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Hi Scott,
1.PDF
2.Samsung smartphone
3.Yes
4. After downloading on website》Go to my files》Click on relevant file》Phone gives me a choice of either Kindle or Adobe Acrobat reader》I choose either of the two》File opens
5.The file is opening, but it's only the BOOK COVER. I further checked the book on Amazon and managed to open a sample with kindle.
6.File opens but it's only the book cover.
7.Yes. Kindle and Adobe all open the file as a book cover. Prestigio says "unsupported format"

Thanks.
mytkreadingreview
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mytkreadingreview.html
Latest Review: Scam Story by Gini Graham Scott
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mytkreadingreview »

1.epub
1.Android phone as a wifi and my laptop for download
3.I never been able to open it before
4.I downloaded free kindle app successfully but when I try to register it on amazon, amazon say can not find any account with that email I have used
5.I downloaded the book successfully problem comes when I try to open this book I wanted to read.
6.Adobe flash player can't open Keys to Tetouan maybe isn't a supported file type or is already damaged for example it
was send as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded.
7.Free kindle app, calibre app and free nook app
Praiz
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praiz.html
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael

Post by Praiz »

1) epub 2) Aldiko library 3) Yes 4) the epub file automatically opens with the Aldiko library 5) the epub file did not just open in with the Aldiko library. 6) It stated that the file format is not supported. 7) Aldiko library
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael
AmandaMac
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandamac.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by AmandaMac »

1. Mini
2. Using my kindle fire
3. Yes numerous times
4. After file downloads I click on it and it will normally open
or I am able to send thru my email to my kindle.
5.after downloading the file I click on it and unable to open
pops up or when I try emailing it I get a notice saying the file is to large to attach.
6. unable to open
7. I read the top tips. I did not download any new apps. I am currently using a kindle so downloading the apps offered seems redundant.
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly
Podgrrrl
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Podgrrrl »

1. Epub
2. Android
3. No
I don't know what a file manager is or how to transfer a file into an app.
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

1. In what file format is the ebook (e.g. epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)?
Epub. (There was also a Mobi option available, you could give me option of downloading that too since the epub format is faulty)
2. What device are using to try to open it?
Eprestigio
3. Have you ever successfully opened a file in that format on that device before?
Yes, Mobi, Epub, Fb, pdf, ....
4. If your answer to question 3 is "yes", please describe the steps you usually take to successfully open a file in that format on your device. If your answer to question 3 is "no" then please describe what steps you did try to open the file.
Like usually I clicked on the book and brought the apps menu, clicked on eReader Prestigio. eReader Prestigio says unsupported or wrong book format
5. When following the usual process you use to open that kind of file on your device, or the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post, at what step does it uniquely go wrong with this file? In other words, on which step, of the steps you listed as your response to question #4, do you run into trouble with this file but not other files of the same file type?
At the last step of eReader Prestigio when it's supposed to open the file/book.
6. Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact wording of the error message?
unsupported or wrong book format
7. Did you read and try the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post? If not, please do that before replying. Please name which apps your tried from the suggested apps.
Ans: I already have the Amazon free app on my phone and computer. The Free Nook App by Barnes and Noble doesn't work in my country.
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
amandake
Currently Reading: Gates to Tangier
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandake.html
Reading Device: B018Y229OU

Post by amandake »

1. epub
2. Kindle
3. No
4, 5, 6. Can't find on kindle downloads
7. Yes

Is it possible to have my choice switched to mobi? I hit epub by mistake. Thanks!
mytkreadingreview
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mytkreadingreview.html
Latest Review: Scam Story by Gini Graham Scott
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mytkreadingreview »

I am already posted my problem and my post was already apprroved and now I was waiting for replier from management. My problem was to open ebook file, this is reason why I never completed the book
WordWizard

Post by WordWizard »

Hi there, I tried to download an e-book so I can read and review it, but the download failed. Here are my answers to all your questions:

1. PDF.

2. Android smartphone.

3. Yes.

4. I downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader and clicked the attachment via email.

5. I followed Online Book Club's "Top Tips" and downloaded eReader Prestigio, but it failed to open the e-book when I clicked the PDF link via Online Book Club's website.

6. Yes. Here's the exact error message: "Cannot display PDF (download.php is of invalid format)"

7. Yes. I tried both the eReader Prestigio and Adobe Acrobat Reader apps.

Thanks in advance for your help!
rha

Post by rha »

hi I'm using my Windows PC and I cannot open an epub what should I do?
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Hi Scott,
1.PDF
2.Samsung smartphone
3.Yes
4. After downloading on website》Go to my files》Click on relevant file》Phone gives me a choice of either Kindle or Adobe Acrobat reader》I choose either of the two》File opens
5.The file is opening, but it's only the BOOK COVER. I further checked the book on Amazon and managed to open a sample with kindle.
6.File opens but it's only the book cover.
7.Yes. Kindle and Adobe all open the file as a book cover. Prestigio says "unsupported format"

Thanks.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”