Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Working Mom
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Post by Working Mom »

1. In what file format is the ebook (e.g. epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)? epub

2. What device are using to try to open it? Iphone using Nook app

3. Have you ever successfully opened a file in that format on that device before? No this was my first attempt. I believe I need a different format as I usually use Kindles

4. If your answer to question 3 is "yes", please describe the steps you usually take to successfully open a file in that format on your device. If your answer to question 3 is "no" then please describe what steps you did try to open the file.

5. When following the usual process you use to open that kind of file on your device, or the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post, at what step does it uniquely go wrong with this file? In other words, on which step, of the steps you listed as your response to question #4, do you run into trouble with this file but not other files of the same file type? It will open in Nook... It is not even listed in any of the sections of the nook.

6. Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact wording of the error message? No error message

7. Did you read and try the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post? If not, please do that before replying. Please name which apps your tried from the suggested apps. I tried all of tips and tried to use Nook and Kindle
emily markevich

Post by emily markevich »

i tried to view epub. I downloaded it to my icloud on my iphone but it will not open it just says the file name on a gray screen.. I tried to download the suggested apps for it but i am canadian and they are not available in the canadian store....
FlorenceV

Post by FlorenceV »

1. mobi for kindle

2. pc

3. no, this is my first time trying to download.

4. i clicked the link to get the free book, got re-directed to amazon but nothing happened. There was no download link for the free book, i was just directed to the amazon page.

5. this is my first time trying to download, i didnt get a link for the free book. i just got re directed to the amazon page.
6. No

7. I did. I have the kindle app in my pc.

if i keep on having problems, will i get a new book?
FlorenceV

Post by FlorenceV »

1. mobi for kindle unlimited

2. pc, it has the kindle unlimited app. downloaded it from the given link in the review update page

3. no, this is my first download

4. clicked the link to download the free book from amazon but i dont see the free book. the link took me to pay for the book.

5. i just cant find the free book to download, the link is taking me to pay for the book.

6. no

7. yes

please help. thankyou
raeryn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raeryn.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper

Post by raeryn »

I submitted that I have successfully downloaded the file, but I realized afterwards I actually have an issue with opening the .epub file. The downloaded the book to my iBooks app but as soon as I scroll past the title page I am given the error "Failed to load book because the requested resource is missing."
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

1.e-pub
2. GALAXY android
3. No. I should have selected PDF format to download the book. But now I cannot get back to the page to re-select the book in the correct format. Any advice would be much appreciated
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

Just downloaded ereader prestigio. Amazing app
DeniseRyan

Post by DeniseRyan »

1. epub

2. iPhone with Nook app

3. No

4. No.

5. N/A

6. no

7. Yes.
raeryn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raeryn.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper

Post by raeryn »

1. .epub
2. My phone
3. Yes, many times.
4. I click on the file with .epub extension and iPhone automatically asks me where I would like to open this file. I select iBooks and it opens up the book.
5. After I open the book I get an error message.
6. The error message says: "Failed to load book because the requested resource is missing."
LidiasChoice
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by LidiasChoice »

Cannot get Kindle Unlimited to get a free copy. When I go to Amazon to download the book, it is not a free copy.
Athena Moon
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3217">The Lovely Bones</a>
Currently Reading: The Piketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena-moon.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Athena Moon »

LidiasChoice wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 12:04 Cannot get Kindle Unlimited to get a free copy. When I go to Amazon to download the book, it is not a free copy.
I am having the same problem with current book of the month. When I try downloading Kindle Unlimited the message says "Your current digital account setting does not allow you to subscribe for Kindle Unlimited on amazon.com. Please contact customer service to learn about Kindle Unlimited availability in your local Amazon website." Is there any other way I could have the book of the month to be downloaded?
madhupal2486
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madhupal2486.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by madhupal2486 »

1. In what file format is the ebook (e.g. epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)? I requested for mobi

2. What device are using to try to open it? Android

3. Have you ever successfully opened a file in that format on that device before? Yes

4. If your answer to question 3 is "yes", please describe the steps you usually take to successfully open a file in that format on your device. If your answer to question 3 is "no" then please describe what steps you did try to open the file. I am asked to buy the book. I thought the book is free. when I click on the link, I am asked to purchase the book. Kindly confirm if I have to buy the book or the book is for free for reviewing purpose.

5. When following the usual process you use to open that kind of file on your device, or the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post, at what step does it uniquely go wrong with this file? In other words, on which step, of the steps you listed as your response to question #4, do you run into trouble with this file but not other files of the same file type? I followed all steps

6. Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact wording of the error message? No

7. Did you read and try the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post? If not, please do that before replying. Please name which apps your tried from the suggested apps.Yes
Ibrahim Oluwatobi
Currently Reading: The obstacle is the way
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibrahim-oluwatobi.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Ibrahim Oluwatobi »

Thank you for the guide, i downloaded eReader Prestigio
And it working fine for pdf and epub (i haven't try other format)
ornellanarine

Post by ornellanarine »

1. kiun
2. Kindle
3. No
4. I'm not seeing the option to download, only to buy.
LASERRR__371
Favorite Author: penelope douglas
Favorite Book: Rival
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laserrr-371.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 8014

Post by LASERRR__371 »

The book is not available with Kindle unlimited.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”