Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Ted Ike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ted-ike.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Re: Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Post by Ted Ike »

1. Epub
2. Android
3.Yes
4.The file I was a PDF. I did not experience any difficulty with it.
5.I got a message that the two apps Barnes and amazon Kindle are not available for my country.
Don Iyke
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Don Iyke »

I still have not read the ebook I downloaded because I can not open it. It is in epub format. I need to change it, if I can. I have changed my preferences to only Docs and PDF.
jollybee
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jollybee »

Hi Good Day.
I have a problem in downloading the file that’s why I didn’t update my status if I successfully downloaded it. When I tried to click/ press the link, it’s just turned into color yellow. My phone is Iphone5s and the file format I tried to download is in epub. What should I do?

Thank you and I hope you can help me with this problem. :)
Ted Ike
Currently Reading:

Post by Ted Ike »

1. I downloaded the book in epub
2. I am using Android phone.
3. I have opened a PDF file.
4. I received a message that the Barnes and Noble app is not available in my country - Nigeria.
5. I have also tried the amazon Kindle and it is also not available fory country.
6. Can I download the book in PDF?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Ted Ike wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 15:53 1. I downloaded the book in epub
2. I am using Android phone.
3. I have opened a PDF file.
4. I received a message that the Barnes and Noble app is not available in my country - Nigeria.
5. I have also tried the amazon Kindle and it is also not available fory country.
6. Can I download the book in PDF?
You can convert the file via the free Calibre App.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Daisypearl

Post by Daisypearl »

I am a new member of the review team. I selected to read and review the book 30th Century: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD.

I tried to download the book but i could not. The download page was blank every time i loaded the page.

I got an email from the review team today, requesting that I update my status. I did not update my status because i could not access the book to be reviewed.

I saw a note that says my next update comes up by fourth of December, on the page while i was trying to download the book. I thought it meant i have to wait till then to get a response or an access to the book, that is why i waited til now.

I still intend to review the book, could you please point me in the direction of how i can access the book.

Thanks.
Azrevread
Currently Reading: Orcas Forever
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azrevread.html
Latest Review: Ten Directions by Samuel Winburn

Post by Azrevread »

It has been difficult downloading the book. There is something wrong with the file.
I doubt that the I will be able to access the book before the update deadline of tomorrow.
I would like to quit the review team.
Brio_92

Post by Brio_92 »

The guidelines are easy to understand. Thanks admin.
Ted Ike
Currently Reading:

Post by Ted Ike »

I still have not been able to open the book I downloaded. I am using Android phone. The download was in epub and I could not open it. The Barnes and Noble app and kindles app are not available for my country (Nigeria). I also tried the caliber app but kept receiving 'error in.. try again later. ' What should I do next.
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

I downloaded the book in mobi format to my kindle app for android, but when I go to open it I can't get past the copyright page it just goes white. I don't get an error message or anything. I've downloaded numerous other .mobi documents that work just fine. I just email the document to my kindle email and then download it.I tried taking it off the device and redownloading it and the same thing happens. Any help would be appreciated, thank you. I've also tried the top tips.
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

Insightsintobooks729 wrote: 06 Dec 2017, 14:43 I downloaded the book in mobi format to my kindle app for android, but when I go to open it I can't get past the copyright page it just goes white. I don't get an error message or anything. I've downloaded numerous other .mobi documents that work just fine. I just email the document to my kindle email and then download it.I tried taking it off the device and redownloading it and the same thing happens. Any help would be appreciated, thank you. I've also tried the top tips.
I finally got it to work. ☺
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
jollybee

Post by jollybee »

Hi Good Day . It breaks my heart when I received an e-mail from [email protected] saying that:

“URGENT - Reviewer Account at Risk of Banning (ACTION REQUIRED)

WARNING: You were given a free book in exchange for a review. These are not regularly free books. Someone is paying for the cost of the book to enable you to get a free copy *in exchange for* a review. According to our records, you accepted this offer and the book was thus made available to you and all associated costs already paid.

Our records indicate that you have not updated the status of your review in about 18 days.”

I’m new in the Review Team and this is my first time to review a book but unfortunately, I’m facing some trouble in downloading the book. The book I’m trying to download is Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs.

Last December 2, 2017, I posted in the Forum saying this:

“Hi Good Day.

I have a problem in downloading the file that’s why I didn’t update my status if I successfully downloaded it. When I tried to click/ press the link, it’s just turned into color yellow. My phone is Iphone5s and the file format I tried to download is in epub. What should I do?

Thank you and I hope you can help me with this problem. :)

Unfortunately, Nook is not available in our country (Philippines). I’m having a trouble in verifying my account in Amazon & Kindle. I don’t have a desktop to use Calibre. Lastly, I’m using Iphone5s, and - eReader Prestigio is for Android.

Is there anyway to solve this problem?
What should we do?
Can’t you just e-mail the book directly to the reviewer?
Can we use IBooks instead of the Apps mentioned in the topic “help opening an ebook file”?

Thank you very much and I wish that you’ll understand the situation. More power and Godbless. :)
mytkreadingreview
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mytkreadingreview.html
Latest Review: Scam Story by Gini Graham Scott
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mytkreadingreview »

1.Epub
2.Android Phone
3.No
4.It just stops downloading and disappeares without any message after I refused to let adobe reader to take part.
5.It gives no message
6.I used Kindle app
Daisypearl

Post by Daisypearl »

I think it is not considerate of whoever is in charge of sending these notifications to keep sending messages without addressing the issues raised by the person in question.
I clearly submitted that I wasn't able to download let alone access the book I intended to review. I didn't get any response whatsoever that could help. Yet I keep getting emails harrasing me that I got a book for free yet am not updating or fulfilling my duty of reviewing it.
For the record,
Yes, I signed up to review a book that is normally for sale;
But no, I did not get the book at all. The download page was totally blank. I indicated I had such issues previously. If there is no way to help me access the book, then please stop harrasing me with these messages.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Ted Ike wrote: 30 Nov 2017, 21:09 1. Epub
2. Android
3.Yes
4.The file I was a PDF. I did not experience any difficulty with it.
5.I got a message that the two apps Barnes and amazon Kindle are not available for my country.
Hi,

I'm a smartphone user and Kindle is not available here in Saudi Arabia. I am using eReader Prestigio app which I downloaded for free on Google Play Store. This works like a Kindle app. This has an audible option too. I downloaded books which are available on epub file format without any problem. In fact, I had sent 3 volunteer reviews.

I hope this helps.

Dolor ♡

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”