Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
lia heera
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Post by lia heera »

how do i convert the epub format to pdf format????please reply me as soon as possible,, i am very interested in reading but format problem hinders me to proceed further.
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

lia heera wrote:how do i convert the epub format to pdf format????please reply me as soon as possible,, i am very interested in reading but format problem hinders me to proceed further.
You can do it using Calibre. A Google search for the terms "epub pdf calibre" will give you several tutorials on how to do it.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

kislany wrote:Tagging @Scott because I forgot to tag him in my post above and I can no longer edit the post.
@kislany Is this for the Review Team? If so, then can you submit an error report through the Review Team so I can cancel the review?

Sorry for the trouble!
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
kislany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

Ok will do. Thanks Scott.
EMLINE

Post by EMLINE »

I had tried all the options and still I can't open the file and I guess the problem is the format of the eBook. Could it be possible if I change my preferred format of the eBook instead of mobi, a PDF format I guess will be safe. I had problems with my personal computer and my android phone. I'm still out of budget. Could anyone teach me on how to change the preferred format of the eBook. I don't want to waste the second chance the administration had given me to be a part of the book review team. Thank you
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

EMLINE wrote:I had tried all the options and still I can't open the file and I guess the problem is the format of the eBook. Could it be possible if I change my preferred format of the eBook instead of mobi, a PDF format I guess will be safe. I had problems with my personal computer and my android phone. I'm still out of budget. Could anyone teach me on how to change the preferred format of the eBook. I don't want to waste the second chance the administration had given me to be a part of the book review team. Thank you
You can convert the format via the free Calibre App.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Debbyemi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debbyemi.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Debbyemi »

1. Kindle
2. window PC.
3. No
4. I successfully downloaded the Kindle for PC, but the link to download the kindle version of the book on amazon takes me to purchase page of the paper copy instead. I couldn't even download it.
5. Trying to download the book "Then I met Margaret".
6. I have read the "Top Tips".
Thanks

-- 21 Nov 2017, 07:08 --
Debbyemi wrote:1. Kindle
2. window PC.
3. No
4. I successfully downloaded the Kindle for PC, but the link to download the kindle version of the book on amazon takes me to purchase page of the paper copy instead. I couldn't even download it.
5. Trying to download the book "Then I met Margaret".
6. I have read the "Top Tips".
Thanks
Please any admin that can help will be appreciated. am beginning to get reminder to update my status and I can't even download the book.
Peris mbuthia
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Peris mbuthia »

1. .mobi
2. Android phone
3. Yes
4. It's true that I have faced the same problem before when I tried to open the file directly from the place it was downloaded. But then I read the tips in this post and tried moving the file to the kindle folder in my phone itself. It still didn't work. Then I downloaded it again and moved it by using my SD card in my computer. I could finally access it in the Amazon Kindle app then.
5. When I open it directly from its place of download, I get an error message "Can't open file'. Even after doing the same procedure I had done previously (refer 4), the file is not shown in the Amazon Kindle app even after synchronization.
6. Yes, I got the error message " Can't open file" when I tried to access it directly from the downloads.
7. Yes, I have tried and re-tried all the Top Tips to no avail.

Kindly help me.
Whitewave

Post by Whitewave »

Please i cannot subscribe to kindle unlimited because after registration, i was told my current digital account does not allow me to subscribe to kindle unlimited
Leyla
Currently Reading: Banished Threads
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Leyla »

1. EPUB, MOBI, PDF

2. ANDROID

3. YES

4. Go to the downloads app, then select the book. I then choose the app to open the book.

5. ERROR COMES UP AFTER SELECTING THE BOOK TO OPEN IT

6. UNSUPPORTED OR WRONG BOOK FORMAT

7. YES. I ALSO DELETED AND DOWNLOADED IT AGAIN. I got the same error after downloading ereader prestige
Mary0724

Post by Mary0724 »

Hi i cannot open the book in kindle.i thought the first book is supposed to be a free book but there is a charge in amazon.
Don Iyke
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Don Iyke »

1. The ebook is in epub format.
2. I am using android phone - Tecno N7.
3. No, I have not opened an epub ebook/document with the device.
4. I get an error message that says "unsupported format".
7. Yes, I read the "top tips". The apps are not available in my country (Nigeria).

-- 27 Nov 2017, 09:58 --

If I can not open epub ebook, can I change the book? I have changed my preference to only Docs and PDF.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Don Iyke wrote:1. The ebook is in epub format.
2. I am using android phone - Tecno N7.
3. No, I have not opened an epub ebook/document with the device.
4. I get an error message that says "unsupported format".
7. Yes, I read the "top tips". The apps are not available in my country (Nigeria).

-- 27 Nov 2017, 09:58 --

If I can not open epub ebook, can I change the book? I have changed my preference to only Docs and PDF.
You can convert the file via the free Calibre App. You can't change a format, once you chose it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Don Iyke
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Don Iyke »

I have tried everything I can to open the epub ebook I downloaded, to no avail. I don't know what to do again. The tips and the reply I got from here were not useful at all. I can't download the apps I was asked to download to open the epub ebook because they are not available in my country.
If I can change the ebook I chose, I need to know how. As it is, I can not read the ebook I chose because I can not open it. If I can not change it, then what are my options?
SheriC
Currently Reading:
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by SheriC »

Number 1: I did NOT get this book for free (Raven's Peak), i had to pay for it on my kindle because i could not get it yo download. Number 2: I finished it and completed a review but I cannot get the review to transfer to the online book club site!!!! Help!!!!!

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”