Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Oluwafunmike
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Post by Oluwafunmike »

1. epub
2. Android phone
3. No
4. I reported an error and requested to have the book in MS word format but did not get any response along that line
5. At the point of trying to download the app that supports the epub format
6. "The item is not available in your country "
7. Yes. The Nook reading app
Llengrace

Post by Llengrace »

Good day...
I'm having a difficulty opening the ebook files..
1. Epub
2. Android phone
3. No
4. Read the top tips.try the nook app
5. Unable to find and install the app
6. Unable to find application to perform this action(for the ebook file)
7.yes..

If possible,may i have the copy in a pdf form?

Thank you
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

NarinderB wrote:i downloaded the book in mobi format but still unable to open it.
need help for the link to download the book again

Regards
Narinder
@NarinderB For help in this topic, you must answer all the numbered questions from the first post in the topic.
Oluwafunmike wrote:I would like to request for a PDF or MSWORD version of the Book I am to review as I have not been able to access it in the present epub version. Thanks a lot for your assistance.
@Oluwafunmike For help opening the epub file, simply answer all the numbered questions in the first post of this topic.

If you downloaded the book file from the Review Team and want to switch the format, you have to submit an error report through the Review Team Page.
Janien van Rooyen wrote:I accidently selected epub instead of pdf and am unable to download the book. The Nook app is also not available in the SA iTunes store. Please assist
@Janien van Rooyen" There should be an alternative app listed in the first post of this support topic for those who find the Kindle and/or Nook app doesn't work.
Heatherj wrote:I downloaded on epub
I am using a laptop
The previous book downloaded with no problem
@Heatherj Please answer all the numbered questions from the first post in this topic for help in this topic.
Momathome42 wrote:I am unable to download my book. I have tried all of the tips, and still can't download. I have iPhone 7 with iOS 10 & am trying to download mobi file.
Thank you
@Momathome42 You must answer all the numbered questions in the first post of this topic for help in this topic.
cstegmil wrote:1. Epub
2. Nook app on my Windows Surface
3. Yes
4. After downloading file, open nook app & click Import Files. Browse to epub file, DoubleClick on book.
5. After double licking on file to omport, I receive error.
6. Sorry failed to import EmberofFreedom.epub.
7. Yes
@cstegmil It sounds like in this case the file itself is corrupt in this case. Assuming it is for the Review Team, please submit an error report or choose the option to not finish reviewing the book. Sorry for the trouble.
Oluwafunmike wrote:1. epub
2. Android phone
3. No
4. I reported an error and requested to have the book in MS word format but did not get any response along that line
@Oluwafunmike There should be more than one app listed in case the Nook app is not available in a certain country.
Llengrace wrote:Good day...
I'm having a difficulty opening the ebook files..
1. Epub
2. Android phone
3. No
4. Read the top tips.try the nook app
5. Unable to find and install the app
6. Unable to find application to perform this action(for the ebook file)
7.yes..

If possible,may i have the copy in a pdf form?

Thank you
@Llengrace There are other apps besides only the Nook app suggested in the Top Tips. Please try those other apps and see if that works.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Oluwafunmike

Post by Oluwafunmike »

1. epub but would prefer pdf or MS word
2. Android phone
3. No
Terily
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terily.html

Post by Terily »

1. Supposed to be .mobi but says download.php
2. iPhone 7 plus
3. No

This file will not open or send to kindle app when I open it in chrome because it is a php file I get the script page for the review page I was on to download the book. Is there a reason for this? Can You help me?
Thank you
roatanbob

Post by roatanbob »

I mistakenly pressed epub instead of mobi to download my book for review. I do not know how to reset and do it properly. Thanks for your help.
tlynne

Post by tlynne »

I have tried to open the book to read and review . It will not download for me. I don't know what to do and my computer is a dell 15 . anyway how do I get it to download in the pdf format? Can I get a new book to review and start over? I really need help with this.
gracelyn Lynch
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm

Post by gracelyn Lynch »

Hi. My computer is not compatible with the Barnes And Noble App and the Kindle is not opening either.
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

Thank you for this guide, this helps!
Penny Lee
Favorite Author: R. A. Salvatore
Favorite Book: The Count of Monte Cristo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 485
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-lee.html
Latest Review: The Pirate Who Was Scared of Birds by Michelle Path
fav_author_id: 8463

Post by Penny Lee »

"Calibre" eBook management software is available to convert eBooks into the necessary format to open on your device or PC. Any eBook format can be converted into any other eBook format. Hope this helps.
Ebe Read
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3364">Good Omens</a>
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebe-read.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ebe Read »

1. PDF
2. Laptop - Windows 7
3. Yes
4. Download, find in folder, click to open.
5. Click to open the folder
6. Yes "The file From-Drift-to-SHIFT cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents.
7. PDF I cannot get to try Mobi as it keeps downloading PDF
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Oluwafunmike wrote:1. epub but would prefer pdf or MS word
2. Android phone
3. No
@Oluwafunmike Please try the other suggested app: eReader Prestigio

Terily wrote:1. Supposed to be .mobi but says download.php
2. iPhone 7 plus
3. No

This file will not open or send to kindle app when I open it in chrome because it is a php file I get the script page for the review page I was on to download the book. Is there a reason for this? Can You help me?
Thank you
@Terily Can you walk me through exactly what happens when you try to download the file which leads to to getting the php file instead of the mobi file? Like are you trying to open the link in a new tab? Are you long-clicking it? The more details the better.

roatanbob wrote:I mistakenly pressed epub instead of mobi to download my book for review. I do not know how to reset and do it properly. Thanks for your help.
@roatanbob You need to submit an error report for that. Although, generally you should be able to open epub or mobi files used the instructions in the first post of this topic, so it might be better to just use the instructions to open the epub file.

tlynne wrote:I have tried to open the book to read and review . It will not download for me. I don't know what to do and my computer is a dell 15 . anyway how do I get it to download in the pdf format? Can I get a new book to review and start over? I really need help with this.
@tlynne To get help in this topic, you must answer all the numbered questions in the first post.
gracelyn Lynch wrote:Hi. My computer is not compatible with the Barnes And Noble App and the Kindle is not opening either.
@"gracelyn Lynch" There are other apps suggested in the first post in this topic.

Ebe Read wrote:1. PDF
2. Laptop - Windows 7
3. Yes
4. Download, find in folder, click to open.
5. Click to open the folder
6. Yes "The file From-Drift-to-SHIFT cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents.
7. PDF I cannot get to try Mobi as it keeps downloading PDF
I have sent you an email asking for you to send me the PDF file so I can troubleshoot. It sounds like the file itself is corrupted.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Mary Wairimu

Post by Mary Wairimu »

am unable to open the book can i get it in PDF
Terily
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terily.html

Post by Terily »

Terily wrote:1. Supposed to be .mobi but says download.php
2. iPhone 7 plus
3. No

Thank you
@Terily Can you walk me through exactly what happens when you try to download the file which leads to to getting the php file instead of the mobi file? Like are you trying to open the link in a new tab? Are you long-clicking it? The more details the better.

@Scott
When I click the link on the download page of this website it shows another page with a picture of a file with the extension .php and the word download in and then from my phone which is what I am using an Apple IPhone 7 plus I must select an app in which to download or open with and when I select my Kindle app it says it's the wrong file type but if I open it choosing the Chrome Browser Icon it shows the skeleton or script page from this website of the page I was downloading from. And no I was not long clicking on my phone. I hope this helps because I tried it twice the same day within a matter of minutes with the same result each time.

Thank you for your help and if I am unable to get this resolved may I please have a PDF version?
Ebe Read
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3364">Good Omens</a>
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebe-read.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ebe Read »

Hi Scott, tried to download the Nook app for windows but I have window 7 and Nook only downloads on 8 or 10. Please can I have the book in PDF?

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”