Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Ajokejoy
Bookshelf Size: 5

Re: Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Post by Ajokejoy »

Hello,
I am a new member and have selected to read and review A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr. This is my first read.
When I click on download
The book file says invalid link
1. epub
2. Andriod device
3. No
4. download says invalid link
5. Nothing is popping up when I click to download. invalid link appear. I am new to epub format. I have not used this file on my device before.
6. There's no error. Just nothing is happening. Invalid link.
7. Yes.
I've tried the nook and Kindle app. Download not available in my country. Nigeria.
Can any other app help?
Thanks
Ajokejoy
mytkreadingreview
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mytkreadingreview.html
Latest Review: Scam Story by Gini Graham Scott
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mytkreadingreview »

I am already downloaded the book , but now I don't know how to open this ebook files for reading my first book that I have chosen, and also for me to update it
odus akpan
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odus-akpan.html
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris

Post by odus akpan »

I have not been able to open the file. So I could not have finished reading the roadmap to the end of days. I had asked that you let me select another book with PDF.
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris
Nboyer
Currently Reading: The 11.05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Nboyer »

1) epub; 2) Android phone; 3; yes; 4) never had problem opening My Trip to Adele; 5) installed Scan Disk; issues w/sd caused most of my media to go missong, inc. My Trip to Adele; 6) phone store reps couldn't recover it; tried downloading again but couldn't- no error messages ever appeared; 7)the hints and tips couldn't help me to either locate my book or download it again. Please help
GCamer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 484
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gcamer.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by GCamer »

1. Epub

2. Firefly mobile Aurii secret (eReader Prestigio)

3. Yes

4. I can just immediately open it after downloading

5. I just download and open the file. I've tried it many times but I always get a one page 4MB file.

6. The file only has one page. Just the cover.

7. Free Nook App by Barnes and Noble is not available in my country (Philippines)

I've encountered a similar situation last time I was downloading a mobi file. I could only open one page. After reporting an error on the update of my review team page. I tried downloading again the following day and I was able to download the full working file.

I think the problem is the download link again.
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

Book: 'The Saga of Bridget and Amanda' by Carole Love Forbes

1. PDF

2. Computer, Adobe Reader

3. Yes

4. My computer automatically opens PDFs I've downloaded in Adobe. It didn't do that nor will it open it when I click on the file from my downloads list.

5. When I try to open it in my reader.

6. Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open 'The-Saga-of-Bridget-and-Amanda (1).pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

7. Yes.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Hi Scott. I have downloaded the e book in kindle format, and it opens just right. My only problem however, is that it is a sample, that is, its not the full book. I Have repeated the procedure more than once but comes as a sample each time.Kindly advise?

Thanks.
GCamer
Currently Reading:

Post by GCamer »

REPOST:

1. Epub

3. Yes

5. I just download and open the file. I've tried it many times but I always get a one page 4MB file.

7. Free Nook App by Barnes and Noble is not available in my country (Philippines)
I've encountered a similar situation months ago when I was downloading a mobi file. I could only open one page. After reporting an error on the update of my review team page. I tried downloading again the following day and I was able to download the full working file.

I haven't reported an error to the review team yet as I'm hoping I wouldn't need to do that. If I still can't download a working file today I'll just request for an extension and report the error tomorrow. Please help.

-- 17 Aug 2017, 21:41 --
1. Epub

3. Yes

I've encountered a similar situation months ago when I was downloading a mobi file. I could only open one page. After reporting an error on the update of my review team page. I tried downloading again the following day and I was able to download the full working file.

I haven't reported an error to the review team yet as I'm hoping I wouldn't need to do that. If I still can't download a working file today I'll just request for an extension and report the error tomorrow. Please help.
Hi! I've tried downloading the file over and over but it's still just a one-page 4.13 MB file. I hope I could download a full working file so I wouldn't need to ask for an extension at the review team page. Thanks!

-- 18 Aug 2017, 01:00 --

I've clicked the "report on error." And I was brought here...
Tempest Jordan
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Tempest Jordan »

I posted answering all required questions and still did not get a reply. Now i keep getting banning threats when i can not even read the book?.
If you guys do not intend to help with queries how am i supposed to update? I can not agree that i downloaded a working copy coz i didn't and this help opening ebook forum isn't helping either. Dissapointed in your service☹.
GCamer
Currently Reading:

Post by GCamer »

1. Epub

3. Yes

Hi! I've tried downloading the file over and over but it's still just a one-page 4.13 MB file. I hope I could download a full working file so I wouldn't need to ask for an extension at the review team page. Thanks!

-- 18 Aug 2017, 01:00 --

I've clicked the "report on error." And I was brought here...
Hello! I've already clicked the "report an error" and I was given one day extension. But nothing has changed. The file is still incomplete. I need a full working file. I hope the support team could help.
myprecious
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-myprecious.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by myprecious »

Hi I already have kindle in my iPad. But I cannot download the book in mobi format in my iPad. Thanks for your support.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

1. Riders on the Storm.pdf
2. Samsung tablet
3. Yes
4. I have gone to my files and verify that the document is there. I go to adobe and open the file normally. 5. This time I can not see the document in Adobe. I went to my files and clicked on the document and it says "cannot open this file"
6. Cannot open this file.
7. I also went back and tried to change the document to .doc but it would not download it as a .doc it really downloaded as a pdf but would not open

I have now gone to my MacBook to try to download the book and I get a 5 page document titled Riders on the Storm that is a description on how BOOKS At SCARLETT RUGERS puts together a book and calculates pages.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
Dhahabu
Currently Reading: Raquel Says
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhahabu.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Dhahabu »

Hello.
I am trying to download the book "Who told you you were naked" I have downloaded the Kindle App then I noticed the book is in ePub. So I tried to download Free Nook App. It's not available in my country.
I am using IPhone 6S. Please allow me to substitute with another book in PDF form.
Thanks in advance.
imi_30
Currently Reading: The Thread
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imi-30.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by imi_30 »

1. Mobi
2. Kindle for Android
3. No
well,you sent me 4 links for amazon ,i used all the links
and they said i can't opend it because of the kindle app it doesn't work ..so i go back to change it and try the PDF, but still i couldn't ..so please help me
i think it will work if i choose the PDF
Thanks..?

-- 08 Sep 2017, 16:48 --

it's not working please send me PDF copy so i can start the review
i tried everything but still not working
1_PDF,
2_mobile
3_yes
4_well, I thought it's OK to open it by any mobile if I choose kindle unlimited I was wrong should choose PDF
5_the wrong i did is choosing KINDLE instead PDF
6_Kindle titles is not available for your country
7_yes
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
demystify
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-demystify.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by demystify »

Hi

I downloaded with epub, I have only downloaded with PDF before now. wanted to try out epub and it says "unable to open file" after download. I thought the error was because the file had not been properly downloaded so, I deleted it so that I can download it again. Unfortunately i am unable to download it again as I was directed to this forum.

Please help.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”