Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Emjopin
Favorite Author: E.W. Johnson M.D.
Favorite Book: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Currently Reading: Lost Secret of the Ancient Ones
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emjopin.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
fav_author_id: 196577

Re: Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Post by Emjopin »

1. In what file format is the ebook (e.g. epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)?
Epub
2. What device are using to try to open it?
Android
3. Have you ever successfully opened a file in that format on that device before?
Yes
4. If your answer to question 3 is "yes", please describe the steps you usually take to successfully open a file in that format on your device. If your answer to question 3 is "no" then please describe what steps you did try to open the file.
Epub reader
5. When following the usual process you use to open that kind of file on your device, or the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post, at what step does it uniquely go wrong with this file? In other words, on which step, of the steps you listed as your response to question #4, do you run into trouble with this file but not other files of the same file type?
Its the only epub doc saved
6. Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact wording of the error message?

The entire book was lost. Totally blank.

7. Did you read and try the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post? If not, please do that before replying. Please name which apps your tried from the suggested apps. Yes but diwnloaded book was deleted after a week or so.
May you send it oy may i downlosd it in kindle on my laptop?
Thanks. And please extend the due date bec. I have nothing to read right now.

Help :techie-reference:
Emjopin
RoyCpo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by RoyCpo »

I am facing a problem during opening the book from Bangladesh.
Could anyone tell me the format of this.
Emjopin
Favorite Author: E.W. Johnson M.D.
Favorite Book: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Currently Reading: Lost Secret of the Ancient Ones
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emjopin.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
fav_author_id: 196577

Post by Emjopin »

Hi support team:
I am having a hard time with epub. I try to download then after sometime its gone. Iinquired before if McDowell may be downloaded in a different format like I have kindle but you said its only available for upub. May I just change the book otherwise I need another 10 days trying to download it again
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Emjopin wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 04:02 Hi support team:
I am having a hard time with epub. I try to download then after sometime its gone. Iinquired before if McDowell may be downloaded in a different format like I have kindle but you said its only available for upub. May I just change the book otherwise I need another 10 days trying to download it again
You should save the file on your PC, and then move it to your device. You can try to change the format via the free Calibre App.

If you want another book, you should quit it via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Pomo uz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Pomo uz »

Hi support team, am having trouble downloading the nook Barnes and noble app to open an epub format for the book am to review.
1. epub
2. Android phone
3. No
4. Nook Barnes and noble app
6. Not available in your country
7. The nook app
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Pomo uz wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 20:38 Hi support team, am having trouble downloading the nook Barnes and noble app to open an epub format for the book am to review.
1. epub
2. Android phone
3. No
4. Nook Barnes and noble app
6. Not available in your country
7. The nook app
If you are not able to download the app you will need to quit the book.
Just mark it as downloaded on your update tab, then choose the 'cannot finish' option and explain what happened.
Also, remember to edit your preferences to reflect that you are unable to access Nook books for review. :tiphat:

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
stargurl182
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stargurl182.html
Latest Review: Chip’s World: Complex #31 and The Caretaker by Thomas Hill

Post by stargurl182 »

1. Kindle
2. Blackberry
3. No
4. Download process
5. Downloading through Amazon
6. There is no download link and sometimes it says it's not available in my country
gali

Post by gali »

stargurl182 wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 07:52 1. Kindle
2. Blackberry
3. No
4. Download process
5. Downloading through Amazon
6. There is no download link and sometimes it says it's not available in my country
If the book isn't available in your country, you need to quit it via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
KaH1203+
Currently Reading:

Post by KaH1203+ »

When I click on “You have chosen to download this book using an Barnes and Noble Gift Certificate. Please click here to claim your free book from B&N.” nothing happens. I have the Nook app on my iPhone. I have clicked on the link a couple times. Still nothing. I have checked the app to look for the book. Nothing. I searched for it on the nook app and found it for purchase for $2.99.
KaH1203+
Currently Reading:

Post by KaH1203+ »

1. In what file format is the ebook (e.g. epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)?

I’m assuming ePub.

2. What device are using to try to open it?

Nook

3. Have you ever successfully opened a file in that format on that device before?

Yes

4. If your answer to question 3 is "yes", please describe the steps you usually take to successfully open a file in that format on your device. If your answer to question 3 is "no" then please describe what steps you did try to open the file.

I purchase a book and it downloads directly to app.

5. When following the usual process you use to open that kind of file on your device, or the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post, at what step does it uniquely go wrong with this file? In other words, on which step, of the steps you listed as your response to question #4, do you run into trouble with this file but not other files of the same file type?

When I click on the link to download, nothing happens.

6. Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact wording of the error message?

No. Nothing happens. Stays on same page.

7. Did you read and try the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post? If not, please do that before replying. Please name which apps your tried from the suggested apps.

Nook app
KaH1203+
Currently Reading:

Post by KaH1203+ »

I have sent 2 messages about not being able to access Diary of an Immortal for review. How do I remove this book from my review list? This was to be my first and I don’t want to negatively impact my score for not completing a timely review.
gali

Post by gali »

KaH1203+ wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 14:40 I have sent 2 messages about not being able to access Diary of an Immortal for review. How do I remove this book from my review list? This was to be my first and I don’t want to negatively impact my score for not completing a timely review.
If you submitted an error report via your Update tab, you should get an answer in 72 hours.

You can't remove the book, but you can quit it via the Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

RebeccaR
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by RebeccaR »

1. I don't know what type of file it is. When I click the link to download the book, it reloads the page and that's all. Nothing downloads and nothing opens or changes in a new tab.

2. I am using a Microsoft tablet.

3. I never have downloaded a book on this tablet before, but PDFs and other files never give me any trouble.

4. Every time that I try to download it, the page refreshes itself and that's it. Sometimes the page will freeze and say it's become unresponsive. I tried downloading it on another laptop and the same thing happened.

5. I never have issues with the link opening and the page refreshing itself.

6. No.

7. Yes I tried B&N free nook app as well as Calibre. I'm still having the same issue.
KaH1203+
Currently Reading:

Post by KaH1203+ »

Thank you for the reply Gali. Unfortunately I do not see an option to quit a book under the update tab. Just 4 options. Yes I received book, no I need to download book, need an extension, and report an error.
gali

Post by gali »

KaH1203+ wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 18:26 Thank you for the reply Gali. Unfortunately I do not see an option to quit a book under the update tab. Just 4 options. Yes I received book, no I need to download book, need an extension, and report an error.
You need to confirm you downloaded the book to see that option.
A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”