This topic is for getting help opening an ebook file, especially one that you received for review as a reviewer through the OnlineBookClub Review Team.
On most devices, you can read epub files by downloading the Free Nook App by Barnes and Noble.
On most devices, you can read mobi files by downloading the Free Kindle App by Amazon.
You will usually need to either associate the file type with the app on your device, or use a file manager to move the file into the 'books' folder of the app.
The good thing about the above apps is they are available on all devices. Between the two of them you should be able to open all major ebook file formats.
However, if Kindle and Nook apps do not work for some reason, then you can alternatively try using the following free apps.
- Calibre (good for desktop)
To move a Mobi file to your device via the file manager:
. You can also send the file directly to your Kindle email per the instructions on Amazon.Open the file manager app on your Android phone. Navigate to the ebook file location. Touch and hold it. Select Copy. Go to the Main storage of your Android device from the file manager and look for the Kindle folder. You will find it in the same location where you have your Download folder. Open the Kindle folder and paste your file. Launch the Kindle app, and you will see the ebook.
If after download the appropriate app, you still need help opening your file, please reply to this topic. Make sure to answer ALL of the following questions in your reply. Preferably, number your answers so they are easy to match to the question.
- 1. In what file format is the ebook (e.g. epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)?
2. What device are using to try to open it?
3. Have you ever successfully opened a file in that format on that device before?
4. If your answer to question 3 is "yes", please describe the steps you usually take to successfully open a file in that format on your device. If your answer to question 3 is "no" then please describe what steps you did try to open the file.
5. When following the usual process you use to open that kind of file on your device, or the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post, at what step does it uniquely go wrong with this file? In other words, on which step, of the steps you listed as your response to question #4, do you run into trouble with this file but not other files of the same file type?
6. Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact wording of the error message?
7. Did you read and try the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post? If not, please do that before replying. Please name which apps your tried from the suggested apps.
Please note that once confirmed, you can't change the format. You can try to convert the file yourself via the free Calibre App.
* If the file is corrupted (contains only the cover/first page or can't be opened), you need to report it via your Update tab.