What is your favorite reading app on smartphone ?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Aliaa88
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliaa88.html

What is your favorite reading app on smartphone ?

Post by Aliaa88 »

aside from kindle ,Nook and all the reading devices these days there are a lot of e-book reading application for smartphone. Some of them even come with a lot of options and free versions.
I for example prefer Moon+ Reader. It is simple with a lot of options of highlighting and the ability of adding notes. I have tried tens of applications before settling down for this one. It have both free and paid versions and available on Google Play, making it compatible with almost every android
What is the best reading application in your opinion? What exactly do you look for in such thing?
I would love to know everybody's favorite
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

My favorite would have to be Kobo, the design is simple and clear. They offer a lot of free e-books and a lot of fun options like highlighting, quoting, searching up a definition without having to exit the book or lose your page. I also like that they give you badges for passing certain goals. :)
Aliaa88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliaa88.html

Post by Aliaa88 »

Oh Sarah , That seems like fun. I should try it then to increase my self-esteem :D
Yelitzag08
Currently Reading: DIABLO NIGHTS
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yelitzag08.html
Latest Review: "The Blood on My Hands" by Shannon O'Leary

Post by Yelitzag08 »

To be fair I've only tried the Nook and the Kindle app on my smartphone. My personal favorite is the Kindle App because it's so user friendly! It's easy to skip around the book to another chapter and bookmark all of your favorite parts of the book. I also like that the app automatically saves your last location in the book even if you accidentally close the app (this happens to me often). The app also allow you to enlarge the text if you need to. I also like that instead of forcing you to scroll to read one page, the book is divided into pages that can be fully read on the screen of your phone.
Latest Review: "The Blood on My Hands" by Shannon O'Leary
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I have the Kindle app on my cell, but I hardly use it as I prefer reading on my kindle.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
karenistah
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Bookshelf Size: 26
Publishing Contest Votes: 1

Post by karenistah »

I have an app on my smartphone which is an E-book reader and it's so good, you can also download books from there from different sites.
BethF

Post by BethF »

I haven't tried any other apps, I only use Kindle. I love how easy it is to navigate, and I'm able to categorize the books that I have. I do, however, need to figure out how to permanently delete books easier than going to Amazon. I don't like the clutter. Lol.
But seeing how others enjoy different apps, I am definitely going to have to try some new stuff!
lolashoes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by lolashoes »

I read on my phone and i have both iBooks and Kindle apps but i mainly use Kindle. The app you mentioned sounds interesting so i'll definitely check that out.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Jodie567
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodie567.html

Post by Jodie567 »

I have only ever used my I books and kindle apps but after reading these I will definitely check into some of the listed sites! On my iPhone I typically go with iBooks more then my kindle app it's really user friendly with lots of free start up series books, I've spent a lot of time and money on both they are worth it I love a good story.
Silvermoon
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Silvermoon »

I only have the Kindle app on my phone. I love it because I can read on my Kindle at home and finish the book while I'm out and waiting in the car for my daughter or for appointments. Sometimes, I download a book while I'm out and finish the book at home later that night on my Kindle. Love, love, love the ability to do that!
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Medijay0360

Post by Medijay0360 »

My favorite would have to be Kobo. I used to have a Kobo reader and it's so easy to access all my books on any device. I love the set up of it and the fact that I can download new books and keep adding to my collection.
Shanu
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanu.html

Post by Shanu »

My favorite reading app on my smartphone is Flipkart E-books app.
Karen122
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karen122.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Karen122 »

I usually read on my iPhone so I like to use iBooks. Sometimes, I'll use my Kindle app but I try to stick with iBooks so that I can curl up on the couch and pick up the same book on my iPad (when my 3 year old isn't using it).
Amh73090
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amh73090.html
Latest Review: "Another-Blended Not Shaken" by Sherrie L. Todd

Post by Amh73090 »

I've only usedoes kindle which came on my phone. I really would rather read the book than the e book. But it is really good for the books provided to us from OnlineBookClub.org
Latest Review: "Another-Blended Not Shaken" by Sherrie L. Todd
BarryEM

Post by BarryEM »

I keep both the Kindle app and Moon+ Pro on my phone for reading. The Kindle app is fine and it syncs with my Kindle Voyage and that's mainly why I have it.

I prefer to read with Moon+ because I can scroll instead of turning pages and for some reason that feels more natural to me. I won't try to explain that. It just does. I don't think scrolling offers a practical advantage but I like it.

Moon+ also lets me make very fine adjustments to the look of the page and that's another plus, although the look of the Kindle app is okay. Again, it's just a matter of taste.

So I keep two copies of the book on my phone and when I'm away from home if I think I'll have a bit of time to read I'll manually sync Moon+ with my Kindle app, which is already synced with my Voyage. If I don't expect to have much time I'll just read with the Kindle app.

Frankly I like Moon+ so much that if the LCD screen of my phone didn't give me eyestrain with sessions longer than 15 or 20 minutes I'd do all my reading on my phone. I also like the 5" screen. It seems ideal to me.

Barry

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”