Listening to Audio books

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
SnoringReader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Listening to Audio books

Post by SnoringReader »

i typically prefer reading a paperback but recently with working from home in lockdown ive had a habit of listening to an audio book series whilst i type away at my desk. now i put one one anytime i cant spend my time page flipping, so in the car, on a walk etc!
Charlienmegan Wehner
Currently Reading: Finding Joy with an Invisible Chronic Illness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlienmegan-wehner.html
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King

Post by Charlienmegan Wehner »

I love audiobooks, especially if they are narrated by the authors such as The Clanlands - great humor in the audiobook
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King
kasedy Fairbairn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasedy-fairbairn.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by kasedy Fairbairn »

I have listened to many books on audible in my time. I absolutely love the Rick Riodan books on audible. I am very busy with my three little ones, this helps me read while I take care of them. It also brings a different kind of life to the books.
Michael Villanueva
Currently Reading: Price Wars
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-villanueva.html
Latest Review: Bambara by Joseph Eidelberg
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Michael Villanueva »

kasedy Fairbairn wrote: 19 Jun 2022, 09:14 I have listened to many books on audible in my time. I absolutely love the Rick Riodan books on audible. I am very busy with my three little ones, this helps me read while I take care of them. It also brings a different kind of life to the books.
I am a huge audio fan, and I also listen to books when watching kids, but it has to be the right genre. I can do non-fiction, where books read like listening to a podcast. However, if its a work of fiction with multiple characters and dialogue, I find it hard to follow while I'm watching the little guys or doing chores.
kasedy Fairbairn
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasedy-fairbairn.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by kasedy Fairbairn »

Michael Villanueva wrote: 19 Jun 2022, 11:14
kasedy Fairbairn wrote: 19 Jun 2022, 09:14 I have listened to many books on audible in my time. I absolutely love the Rick Riodan books on audible. I am very busy with my three little ones, this helps me read while I take care of them. It also brings a different kind of life to the books.
I am a huge audio fan, and I also listen to books when watching kids, but it has to be the right genre. I can do non-fiction, where books read like listening to a podcast. However, if its a work of fiction with multiple characters and dialogue, I find it hard to follow while I'm watching the little guys or doing chores.
The majority of the books I listen to are ones I have already read, so if the littles get wild I’m actually not missing anything. I have an obsession with Rick Riodan books. I have read and listened to the many times over. I am currently on the Apollo series (which I can’t read around one of my sons because he gets confused…. His name is Apollo)
TusharJoshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tusharjoshi.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by TusharJoshi »

The biggest setback of reading audiobooks is that they can dampen your imagination. Listening to someone else's voice while going through a book, doesn't actually make me feel invested in the plot.
Taxel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Taxel »

I'm not going to lie, I love listening to an audiobook and reading along with it.
Some audiobooks are horrible though, sorry
Hughes Davidson
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hughes-davidson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Hughes Davidson »

I think you should go for it. Audio books are nice to listen to.
Betelhem Demsie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-betelhem-demsie.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Betelhem Demsie »

My e-reader app can also read the book. I use it when I want to read fast. But it is hard for me to go through the book by that robotic 🤖 sound. And my comprehension is always little. My preference is to read books, not to listen to them.
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

Tried listening to an audiobook once, couldn't even finish it. Since then, I have not tried it again.
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

Listening to an audiobook is one thing I have tried several times, all to no avail. I have accepted the reality that audiobooks are not for me.
Samuel Onowhakpor
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-onowhakpor.html
Latest Review: Seeker: A Sea Odyssey by Rita Pomade

Post by Samuel Onowhakpor »

I have never listened to one and I don't intend to, as there is a certain satisfaction in reading it to myself than listening to a person read it aloud.
Ebets
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62

Post by Ebets »

I used to not like to listen to audiobooks. However lately I have found I enjoy listening to a good audiobook once in awhile. It also helps me to reach my goals of books read challenge. I prefer to read over listening, but I have come to enjoy listening to audiobooks.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I love reading books more than listening to audiobooks. I can go back to the sentences when I want to repeat reading, but not on audiobooks. It's great listening when just want to while away under the tree in a hammock. I love it like that.
Melissa Best
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: Love and Marriage
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-best.html
Latest Review: Chameleons by Martin Wyatt

Post by Melissa Best »

I honestly wish I could enjoy audiobooks as much as reading. I can listen to podcasts, but with books I really like to take my time and go at my own pace incase I want to reread or think about certain lines.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”