Do You Prefer Hard/softcover or Tablets?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Maria T
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-t.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Do You Prefer Hard/softcover or Tablets?

Post by Maria T »

I love my kindle! I read so much that having the physical books would fill my house 10 times over! A Kindle is lighter and the paperwhite I use doesn't hurt my eyes and doesn't give of too much light so if I'm up late I'm not bugging my hubby.
jaimeflo
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by jaimeflo »

I am new to this page and hope I am doing this right!! I prefer a hard cover book! tablets are ok and soft covers too, but something about the hard cover that I love! the smell the weight the feel its timeless ~! :techie-studyingbrown:
AuthoressofMystery
Currently Reading: Finding Poe
Bookshelf Size: 342
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-authoressofmystery.html
Latest Review: "Learn English, Spanish, French, German, Turkish and Persian - Vocabulary Book Series" by Vahid Asghari
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by AuthoressofMystery »

I prefer anything in print! Tablets make me sleepy and cranky! But then, I would prefer to write on a typewriter for the same reason. Electronics have their place, but I still like the "old-fashioned" way of reading! :-)
Latest Review: "Learn English, Spanish, French, German, Turkish and Persian - Vocabulary Book Series" by Vahid Asghari
BethF

Post by BethF »

I love having my hardcover and softcover books, but I read mainly on my phone. The reason is because I take my phone everywhere, and when I have some downtime at work or am stuck waiting in my car, I can just take it out and read a little bit then put it away and do what I need to do. I just prefer doing this as opposed to carrying around a book. I do, however, still have a bookshelf full of books I have read and would love to start reading whenever I'm able to relax at home.
TiaDog7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiadog7.html

Post by TiaDog7 »

Hard/softcover because I don't have to worry about the battery.
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

I don't really have as set preference. It varies depending on the day or just what mood I'm in. There are positives and negatives to each type. Ultimately, it doesn't really matter to me as books are books, no matter what.
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

The thing I love about tablets is how convenient it is. I can store so many books on it, buy books immediately, etc. However, I have always enjoyed reading paper books. I definitely prefer soft cover books to hardcover because the soft ones always felt more comfortable in my hands. There's nothing like curling up with a good book in bed. I also think reading paper books is way better for me eyes because I can feel my eyes getting strained after staring at the screen too long.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

Tablets for me. I've always used electronics so I think I've a comfort level with it now!
RuthAnn0211
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthann0211.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by RuthAnn0211 »

I prefer softback books typically. I just love having the book as opposed to it being on a tablet.

However, with my life being so on the go with 2 small children, I have been using the Kindle app on my phone. I've found this to be easier, because whenever I have a minute, unexpected or not, I am able to read, due to having my phone on me at all times.
easy_dc13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-easy-dc13.html
Latest Review: A Trace of Revenge by Lyle Howard

Post by easy_dc13 »

Tablets may pack some advantages but it'll always come back to soft cover for me. It's flexible, easy on the hands, and doesn't emit radiation. So, soft cover for me.
Celticlady
Currently Reading: Josephine Baker's Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 3435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticlady.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Celticlady »

I don't really have a preference, that said I still love to hold a print book. Because of arthritic hands when I am in bed and want to read an ebook is great for that purpose. I have my kindle on a detachable stand on my bed so I can read and watch a show easily!
Dcal22
Currently Reading: jab jab jab right hook
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dcal22.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Dcal22 »

The new kindles have an option called blue light. It gives the screen an orange tone that filters out blue light. I love it because even if you do fall asleep it holds your place for you versus falling asleep with a paper back you may not even remember what you read last! Seriously though, who doesn't love a real book?
Tablets are great if you are on the go and you read multiple books at a time. You can have everything in one place! I love reading a real book though while in the comfort of my home!
JessieMarie84
Currently Reading: Tess of the D'Urbervilles
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessiemarie84.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited

Post by JessieMarie84 »

I personally prefer softcover. Tablets are easy to slide in my bag and go, which I like for when I'm on the run for doctor appts and work. (I have a lot of down time at work I can read.) At home, I love softcovers. They are more comfortable to curl up with in a chair or in bed to read than a hardcover. I don't really own that many hardcover books. Mostly softcover. They are cheaper anyway, on my single mommy budget.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
rodidas
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodidas.html

Post by rodidas »

Though I own an e-reader, I sometimes get this urge to hold and read a regularly printed books. It's more appealing to me.
Naomi new

Post by Naomi new »

I always liked hard/soft cover books because I can actually hold them, it's more appealing to me than the tablets

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”