Google play books?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
dixiewitch1989
Favorite Author: too many
Favorite Book: prefers fantasy
Currently Reading: tedd dekkers the lost books series
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dixiewitch1989.html

Google play books?

Post by dixiewitch1989 »

I just got my very first smart phone and I am planning on useing it to read e-books. My phone came with an app called google play books and I was wondering how good it is compared to others. I am very new to e-books and am not sure how it all works yet.

I could use some tips on what I should use..
librarydancer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-librarydancer.html

Post by librarydancer »

Google play is the android version of itunes. You can use it for apps, games, music, books, etc. If you download a free reader (such as Nook, which is produced by Barnes and Noble or Kindle -- Amazon), it will be easier to read any downloaded books.

These readers will allow you to read any selected books in a more user-friendly environment -- you will be able to turn pages instead of having to scroll down and your place will be saved electronically, for example.

I suggest finding a few free books on Google play on whatever topic/ area you enjoy and trying it out. Good luck.
ZeroChill
Currently Reading: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zerochill.html
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace

Post by ZeroChill »

It would be a lot better if you install the kindle or xodo app on your phone. They are currently the best out there and I recommend them.
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I not a huge fan of google play; however, I have been using the version that runs on iPad. I'll have to look into xodo.
Jibek+

Post by Jibek+ »

I have head about reading books which downloaded but didn't know about google plays books. I'll try use it.
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

I use both Google play books and kindle app on my phone. I prefer kindle but sometimes google play has books I want cheaper, sometimes it doesn't. I hope you enjoy your new phone.
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Atheinne
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by Atheinne »

Insightsintobooks729 wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 15:55 I use both Google play books and kindle app on my phone. I prefer kindle but sometimes google play has books I want cheaper, sometimes it doesn't. I hope you enjoy your new phone.
I agree with the cheaper ones in Google Play. It comes handy in a lot of cases. But still, I like to use both apps.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

dixiewitch1989 wrote: 14 Nov 2014, 20:39 I just got my very first smart phone and I am planning on useing it to read e-books. My phone came with an app called google play books and I was wondering how good it is compared to others. I am very new to e-books and am not sure how it all works yet.

I could use some tips on what I should use..
I am using eReader Prestigio app on Google Play Store. It's free. No subscription needed and there are lots of free books available. It works well with my smartphone. In fact, I had sent 3 volunteer reviews without any problem.

Dolor ♡
victorycoffee
Currently Reading: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victorycoffee.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by victorycoffee »

Play books lets you upload epubs, not sure if it also allows mobi - I've used it for both of my reviews so far
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

I am not exactly a fan of Google Play Books and I am quite loyal to my Kindle app. Maybe you'd like to download the latter and give it a shot?
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”