Do color e-readers all display vaporwavey hues?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Cheveyo43
Bookshelf Size: 0

Do color e-readers all display vaporwavey hues?

Post by Cheveyo43 »

Looking at videos and photos of the new color models, it seems they all have the issue where the hues displayed look like something out of a vaporwave/80's synth album cover, i.e. heading towards purple, light blue, sickly green etc. Some reviewers have described the colors as being closer to old newspapers but that doesn't seem to be what I'm seeing. If that were the case, the colors would look paler/grayer/more washed out but the hue wouldn't be different. It might be the result of the color overlay used for the screen necessitating a cooler, bluer gray.

Unfortunately I can't easily get my hands on a color model to make a physical check. I'd have to be certain of my purchase before hitting the add to cart button.

I don't mind colors being less intense than on an LCD tablet (we are probably years away from having colors popping on the screen like, if it'll even be technically possible to begin with) but the hues being fundamentally different is a deal breaker in my view when it comes to comic books.

Am I imagining things or do people with color devices have also noticed this vaporwave aspect? Do you have a specific device to recommend?

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”