If you were rich enough would you have both versions

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Cheshire
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheshire.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Re: If you were rich enough would you have both versions

Post by Cheshire »

Absolutely. Nothing beats the feels and the reading experience in paperbacks. Getting ebooks for me is for convenience sake since it is cheap and it is all in your phone which makes it an easy and practical choice when you are on commuting and the likes.

I think that getting both is an awesome idea but not practical for me.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

JessiAnne26 wrote: 06 May 2014, 15:14 If you had a lot of money would you have all of your books on an e-reader and in hard/paperback/physical copy?
does anyone do this already? If you do what makes it worth it? (i think it's a pretty cool idea, i'd like to see the volume of space all of the books i've read takes up)

If I had a lot of money, ereader is enough for me. I won't buy actual books. 😄
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

If I were rich enough I would have all my books in both hard copy and ebook form.
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Insightsintobooks729 wrote: 13 Dec 2017, 11:57 If I were rich enough I would have all my books in both hard copy and ebook form.
I beg to differ. I'd rather spend my money by giving food to all hungry and giving shelter to all homeless. 😊
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

I would have books in both editions because I am always on the move. I also think that too many people rely on electronics. So my plan (when grounding my children) is to take away the electronics and make them do book reports.
Atheinne
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by Atheinne »

If I were rich enough, I would definitely buy the physical copy. I'd go with hardbounds, and also purchase the collector's edition. Although I'm keeping an e-copy for the convinience of travel.
ruishigan
Currently Reading: Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by ruishigan »

Nope, I learned firsthand that moving a large collection of books to a different state is a huge pain. Now, I only keep a handful of physical books and I restrict it to my absolute favorites as well as signed copies I have. Romance novels are also my guilty pleasure. I would definitely not want physical copies of these for all my friends and family to see, haha!
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

Though I read an e-book but mostly I prefer hard copy. Because we have small library in our house. And I want to see it that way. I want to see a lot of books in our house.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

I've gotten to the point where, if I really like a book, I buy a physical copy. If it's not the sort of book I love or would reread, I generally just leave it to e-readers. I feel like it's a good compromise to my love of books, in a way. I'm not completely falling into the unfortunate circumstance of putting the industry out of business by only reading through e-reader and I get to actually hold the book the second time I read it.

I don't think I could actually ever bring myself not to own physical copies of my favorite books.
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

Only of the books I liked. My ereader is flooded with books that I got for free and are not so good, but I like to read them to rest my brain. It's similar to watching a bad comedy on TV. But as soon as I am done I forget what the book was about, especially if I start another one right away. So those I would never want on my real life shelves. But I would definitely expend them with good books I found through reading ebooks.
bluehydrangea1942
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by bluehydrangea1942 »

If I was rich and had the space I would get books in hard copy. Reading a book on an E-Reader is not the same as actually holding a book and flipping through pages.
Amystl26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amystl26.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Amystl26 »

Yes and yes! Because... why not?! Books can take up as much space (physically and electronically) in my life as they want!
miriamjoyreads
Currently Reading: King Arthur's Enchantresses
Bookshelf Size: 524
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriamjoyreads.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by miriamjoyreads »

If I could afford it, I would definitely buy paper copies of some Kindle books that I've read, enjoyed -- and which are pretty. But sometimes I buy Kindle books because I hate the cover design (e.g. they changed it mid-series), and I also buy a lot of eBooks cheaply that I don't like enough to give houseroom too, even if I were rich enough to have a private library.
TheRedQueen22
Favorite Book: Fight or Flight
Currently Reading: Breaking Hollywood
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theredqueen22.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by TheRedQueen22 »

Ebooks for me is the trial version. If I like the book enough, I will definitely buy its hardcopy. So, most of my books are untouched because I already read their ebook version and I bought it because I need to have a physical copy of it.
Mailis
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailis.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mailis »

Oh, I would love it, to have this great big castle full of libraries and colorful shelves and the greatest and latest e-book readers full of books I can always take with me on the go. Don't tell me money can't buy happiness. :)

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”