EBook or Hardcopy?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
kayper
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Fox flight lightfall
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayper.html
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: EBook or Hardcopy?

Post by kayper »

I like both but nothing replaces the hardcopy
kevin125
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kevin125 »

I love hardcopy then E-book
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

I love hard copies...bt I need a new shelf
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Rey Juaton
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Rey Juaton »

I really prefer ebook rather than hard copy. It's handy that's why I am always on the go.
ZeroChill
Currently Reading: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zerochill.html
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace

Post by ZeroChill »

For me its always an eBook
You can carry more than one books around at all time and read them at your ease
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

I'm not sure why, though I think technological growth certainly plays a big role in it for most people. I am a lover of physical books but use my Kindle Paperwhite to read when I'm traveling, which is often, so for me, it's not because I love it but because I NEED to use it from time to time. I'm not talking about small trips where I can put a book in my bag, but I'm talking about moving to a new country every 6 months to a year. However, I always buy physical copies as well -- way more than I have room for, ha!
Ernie6988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ernie6988.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Ernie6988 »

I prefer a hard copy of book but I am hoping that I learn to like an ecopy. Is it hard to get used to?
Misty Dawn
Favorite Book: A Visit from the Goon Squad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reading Device: 1400532620

Post by Misty Dawn »

Really, I think both have their place. I made the shift to primarily buying ebooks a few years ago; I love having all the books I own on my phone or Nook available anywhere, and even a few paperback books get heavy fast. I still have a lot of hard copies, but I'm trying to pare those back and only keep around my favorites and the things that are easier to reference as a physical book.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

electramia wrote: 28 Mar 2014, 21:46 I've never really been a fan of EBook but desperate times call for desperate measures. When I do need the convenience of reading from my IPhone/IPad, I feel slightly disconnected in comparison to if I had the actual hardcopy in my hands. Considering all the libraries in my town either went out of business or is currently moving locations, EBooks are life savers. But I do get my hands on a hardcopy when I can.
I feel like actual books are growing extinct, so I'm curious: is it because of our generation's festering need to convert everything to technology or honest preference?
Yes indeed I do! Hard copy for sure. Need I say more? :tiphat:
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
See_B00kReaDs
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-see-b00kreads.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by See_B00kReaDs »

I love both, but I prefer to read e-books because it's easier to use. It's also convenient as I can read wherever and whenever I have time.
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
– Francis Chan

God bless you! :D
Amanda Nixon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nixon.html
Latest Review: Saving Grace by Kathryn Garten

Post by Amanda Nixon »

Hard copy all the way is much better! Nothing can replace it
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

Ebook reader application in cellphone makes life easier. However, there are times that I miss reading a hardcopy. I miss the smell of a new book, and the feel of earmarking it.
Shashikamalpillai
Currently Reading:

Post by Shashikamalpillai »

I've never really felt that e-books are actually cool. Because they don't give me that kinda feel which a hardcopy can give. When you hold a particular book. That smell of the paper itself help you find ways to read the book. That essences of the book will make you get lost into the book. And this can only happens with a hard copy.
Gemmybearr

Post by Gemmybearr »

I enjoy the physical book more, but I do own a kindle. My kindle lets me explore and learn about new books I would otherwise not know or even think to look at. Nothing beats being in a book store though, hands down. It's possibly the best and most euphoric experience. As far as the kindle goes, I would have preferred to have the one where I can only read books because being able to play games and stuff is really distracting from the actual purpose of the kindle. But that's on me for buying a fire :P. All in all, physical books are so much better and give a much better experience when reading and it feels a lot easier on the eyes then just staring at a screen.
Sadie123

Post by Sadie123 »

Personally i love holding a book in my hand while drunking tea and cuddled up in bed or my couch. I have the fire but i have so many ebooks on it, i really dont like the screen light. I have many book shelves and i love seeing my books. If i have a power outage and am low on my fires battery im not able to read. With a book u are able to read and not worry

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”