What and how are you reading?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Nielle Asisah
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What and how are you reading?

Post by Nielle Asisah »

I use an android phone, so I use aldiko and I'm reading The lucky ones By Tiffany Reisz
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

I am using my laptop and currently rereading Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Kyleen
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kyleen »

I read using my android phone. I usually read wattpad stories
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

I am currently reading 'Perfume: the story of a murderer' by Patrick Suskind. I have downloaded an ebook and am reading it in my laptop while at home or during breaks in my workplace and in my phone while journeying.
apwaldrop
Currently Reading: The Diary of a snoopy cat
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by apwaldrop »

I am currently rereading The Little Broomstick by Mary Stewart. I enjoy reading through amazon kindle or downloading PDFs and doing it that way. I always have a paperback book with me somewhere. I use android products but I do like apple products as well. I do not currently own any.
lydiasmoot21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydiasmoot21.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by lydiasmoot21 »

I just got done reading The Different Kinds of Monsters by Seth Chambers. It's a sci-fi book so I had to make myself read 19 pages a day to keep with the 30 day limit.
Isabelleva
Currently Reading: The Fountainhead
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabelleva.html
Latest Review: Love Hope and Promise by NaylaBurns

Post by Isabelleva »

I love reading on my phone. Nothing will ever beat a good old fashioned book but I really enjoy the convinence of being able to read on my phone. Whipping it out during class, work, social gatherings, whenever I have a spare moment. It makes it much easier and for trips who has the space for 10 books!
Aixa Miller
Currently Reading: Wicked Designs
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aixa-miller.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Aixa Miller »

Hello,
I love apple too. But I use the Kindle app to read. I'm currently reading Solaris Seethes (book 1) by Janel McNulty. Pretty awesome so far :)
faceadventure
Currently Reading: Randy Love...at your service
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faceadventure.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by faceadventure »

I'm using the Tolino vision 4HD and I love it. I decided to get it mostly because it was on a discount and because of the fact that it's waterproof. I love reading in the bathtub :lol2:
Lgs1089
Favorite Book: The Buried Secrets of Peonies
Currently Reading: Of Illusions and Ink Spills
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lgs1089.html
Latest Review: Long Distance Flyer, G-EBFO. ISBN 978-1-78222-456-3 by Kenneth T Ward
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Lgs1089 »

Right now, I'm reading Shepherding Cassie by Michael Oborn. I'm using my Kindle Paperwhite to read this one. I like being able to take notes, highlight, and control the lighting. If I want to have a lamp on while I read, I just drop the background on it to zero. I will say that I always prefer a tangible book. The older the book, the more it smells. Right in the spine, it smells like a maw-maw on the 4th floor of a library. She's right where the light fades into the musty book stacks. She peers over her shoulder to check if she's alone. She is, but she looks again anyway. Maw-maw slowly reaches into her big ass purse with beads of sweat covering her upper lip. Is she nervous? Nah, she just needs a spritz of Chanel No. 5. That is what an old book smells like to me. It's not the smell of a flower, but it's oddly comforting.
L.G. Stewart
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." :wine:
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

I'm using an old dell laptop now although sometimes I use my Samsung galaxy tablet.
radprof
Currently Reading: 4 Shots
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by radprof »

I am reading, Someone by Alice McDermott, on my Ellipsis 7 tablet. The reason I like using a tablet to read is so I can read in bed. There are many times I do not fall asleep until 2 in the morning. Reading without a light on means I usually do not disturb my husband with a light.
Jillpillbooknerd
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 1908
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillpillbooknerd.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jillpillbooknerd »

I won a Kindle Fire a few years ago from the Southern Women's Show so that is what I mostly use to read my e-books on. Right now I have a few different ones that I'm reading. My two current favorites are A Perfumer's Secret by Adria J. Cimino and The Art of Enchantment by M.A. Clarke Scott. I'm really loving both of the storylines and the strong female characters.
Aituaje
Currently Reading: Heaven and Earth
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aituaje.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Aituaje »

I'm using my laptop to read "Heaven and Earth." I typically read physical copies of books, but I switch it up every now and then.
snowdrop36
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by snowdrop36 »

I used to read physical copies of books, but now use mostly my Kindle. I now have over 6,000 books on it. I love reading.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”