What and how are you reading?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Kayleigh Brookes
Currently Reading: Death, Taxes, and a Shotgun Wedding
Bookshelf Size: 319
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayleigh-brookes.html
Latest Review: The Second Cup by Sarah Marie Graye

Re: What and how are you reading?

Post by Kayleigh Brookes »

I'm currently reading P.S. I Love You on my iPad through iBooks! Loving it!
KatrinaP
Currently Reading: Tempest's Fury
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katrinap.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by KatrinaP »

I vastly prefer traditional books, but time and tide wait for no man, so I've ventured into reading via an e-book app as well. I'm reading Mansfield Park on the kindle app on my iPhone, and though I miss the feel and smell of the book pages, I did notice that I can fit a greater number of books in my purse this way, which is a definite plus!
peorth
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by peorth »

Ventured into ebooks just this year as I find it more convenient for traveling. Currently reading the Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

I am reading Mcdowell by William H. Coles. I am reading using kindle for mobile. Not bad at all...
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
rnraa99
Currently Reading: Call Me by Your Name
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by rnraa99 »

On my iPad and kindle, currently I’m reading Niemandsland because i need to improve my german vocab :shock:
Tcutshall
Currently Reading: Mine to Protect
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Tcutshall »

Currently I’m reading several books at once.

A Knight in Shinning Armor by Jude Deveraux

Heartaches: Bad Boy Vibes by HM Irwing

Stay by Emma Nichols

Delta: Ricohet by Cristin Harber

A Dashing Duke for Emily by Hannah Hamilton

I’m reading them on my phone through Kindle app and iBooks. Except for A Kight in shinning Armor which is a print book from my library.
most beautifulwoman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by most beautifulwoman »

Hi, i'm currently reading the bell jar by Sylvia Plath. on an ebook reader, i wear glasses and it's no fun because if i stare at my phone for so long my eyes get teary. i just wish i had more hard cover books but then... more books are easily accessible and cheap too in this format. and every bibliophile's dream is unlimited access to books so i can say i hate or like ebook readers i'm just stuck in the middle.
stark16r
Currently Reading: The Atomic Sea
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by stark16r »

I am currently reading Eldest by Christoper Paolini in hardback and Battleborn by Josh Chadd on my Kindle/Ipad and Book 5 of the Atomic Sea also on my e-readers byJack Conner.
merailey
Favorite Author: Jeffery Deaver
Currently Reading: Spy Line
Bookshelf Size: 318
fav_author_id: 8033

Post by merailey »

I am reading several physical books at the moment but am interested in opinions on e-readers. I have limited access to internet and want to know easiest to use and download e-books.
Poppy Drear
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poppy-drear.html
Latest Review: Five of Pentacles by Anna Munson

Post by Poppy Drear »

I'm reading a variety of novels, but mostly thrillers, all on my phone! I've installed the Kindle app for .mobi files and the Lithium Reader app for .epub files. I think both of those apps are pretty similar, but I prefer Kindle a bit more just because it's not as bare-bones as Lithium.
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

Right now, I am reading the Case for Christ by Lee Strobel in legit book form. Well, I noticed I literally read most, if not all, books traditionally. I may have read one on my mom's Kindle a few years back, but I never finished. :? I'm Winnie, Piglet, and Tigger in my icon.
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
BillTheriot
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by BillTheriot »

I read Kindle books on a Kindle app on a laptop hooked to a flat screen TV. The TV sits at
the foot of the bed. I don't have to hold a device and can comfortably read lying down. I'm currently reading some books about making money online. while I have access to three good libraries, I find I end up borrowing free to read books from Amazon more than half the time. I'm currently reading books about making money online.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Good Question: I'm reading on Amazon Kindle PC.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Jesscar6
Currently Reading: A Song of Ice and Fire
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscar6.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Jesscar6 »

I used to have paperbacks until I brought my kindle. I'm now glued to it. I find it very convinient and easier to read on. Saves on space as well.
I'm currently reading The Butchers by Hatie French
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ »

I currently finished my hard copy of The Belles! I do have a Nook Classic e-reader, but it is almost 6 years old and is quite slow. Also, Adobe Digital Editions is truly awful. So, I usually end up reading books on my phone, which makes it rather difficult to read. Also, I recently fixed my old Android Tablet, which is about the size of the 7 inch Kindle Fire, and hope to be able to use it to read epub and pdf files. I can't use the Kindle app on there though as it is simply too old.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”