What and how are you reading?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Re: What and how are you reading?

Post by ayoomisope »

I just finished Border Post 99. Currently working on the review. I personally prefer to read on my android phone but for some weird reason I, just recently, prefer reading with the calibre app on my laptop. Calibre can help with reading any format you can imagine and also convert from one format to the other
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

I have Kobo and I love it. It is a bit bigger than most of the e-readers, that's why I went for it. Haven't ever regretted it.
S_Mulla
Currently Reading: Tarnished
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-mulla.html
Latest Review: A Good Boy by Anthony Andre

Post by S_Mulla »

I'm currently reading, Girl in the Ice, on my Kindle Fire.
Keneenm14
Currently Reading: A Mother's Conviction
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Keneenm14 »

I read in any way I can. It’s true I read on Kindle and Nook more than I read actual paper book but both actually makes me happy. It depends on how good the book is, not what I’m reading it on.
jaylperry
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaylperry.html
Latest Review: The Polygrapher by Dohn Jagster (Pseudonym)

Post by jaylperry »

I prefer reading on my computer rather than on my phone, tablet, or Kindle. I read on the Kindle app or a PDF in Preview. I like the larger screen and the ease with which I can take notes, as I am usually reading for work or to write a review.
“A book, too, can be a star, ‘explosive material, capable of stirring up fresh life endlessly,’ a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe.”
– Madeleine L’Engle
TheRedQueen22
Favorite Book: Fight or Flight
Currently Reading: Breaking Hollywood
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theredqueen22.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by TheRedQueen22 »

I love my Kindle and I'm happy with how long the battery lasts. Lol. But I also have tons of books in iBooks, mainly because I can't transfer my old ebooks to my Kindle.

I am currently reading a Highlander Romance series by Monica McCarty but it's not going well so far. So I'm thinking of switching to a normal stand-alone romance books for a while.
Ebbingwhitelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebbingwhitelight.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Ebbingwhitelight »

Keneenm14 wrote: 11 Feb 2018, 08:24 I read in any way I can. It’s true I read on Kindle and Nook more than I read actual paper book but both actually makes me happy. It depends on how good the book is, not what I’m reading it on.
Same, I use my android phone and tablet to read and mostly my Amazon app but I love android because I can also use the nook app, kobo, UB reader, or FB reader. I've completely given up paper at this point. I can read a book a day if I'm not busy and digital books let's me find and download faster. It also helps me hide the cover to whatever steamy romance novels I'm currently enjoying :)

Currently reading Wounded part 2 by Amy Lane which I would totally recommend!
Ellen-the-mediocre
Currently Reading: Dracula
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Ellen-the-mediocre »

I have a 1st gen Kindle Fire that's on its way out, so I mostly read on the Kindle app on my iPhone or the cloud reader on my laptop. The last book I finished was The Deadly Art Affair by K.M. Morgan. I got it for free on Amazon and it was actually pretty good. Right now I'm in the middle of reading Frogkisser! by Garth Nix and also A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore. Both of those are physical books though. :D
garuthesnail001
Currently Reading: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by garuthesnail001 »

It depends when i use my desktop when i feel it. But most of the time i use my phone, when i read online novels. hehehe
Godson Onah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Godson Onah »

I'm reading Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson on my smartphone.
harps789
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by harps789 »

I'm currently reading It by Stephen King on my iPhone. Saw the movie recently and it got me curious on how similar it is to the book.
Arrigo_Lupori
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading: A Short History of Nearly Everything
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrigo-lupori.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by Arrigo_Lupori »

I swing from my Kindle to library books. I usually read the books that I get here on onlinebookclub from my Kindle.
"The abstract sensation of living a lifestyle that hasn't been fully understood."
- The epitome of taste in living disgrace.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

I'm currently reading Gunner and Land Girl on my android device. Also, reading Trip to Adele.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
Katiemhardy813
Currently Reading: The Martian
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiemhardy813.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Katiemhardy813 »

I have been living on my Kindle app on my iPhone lately! It makes it so much easier to read in snippets for a book I can't put down. The other day I was reading at red lights (god, that makes the commute so much easier!), in line at the store, every where! Anyone else doing this, or have I just gone over the edge of reader insanity? :D :techie-studyinggray: :lol2:
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

I read on whatever format I can get a free copy. I have a library app on my phone and use the library's website to download to my Kindle Paperwhite which I really love. Occasionally I'll read on my desktop. I have an account on openlibrary which doesn't have the best copies of books but they are free. Currently I am reading Origin by Dan Brown which I am anxious to get back to.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”