What and how are you reading?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
srkilgour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srkilgour.html
Latest Review: Blue Collar Cash by Ken Rusk

Re: What and how are you reading?

Post by srkilgour »

I'm reading Inferno by Dan Brown on my kindle.
Tai900
Favorite Author: Ash Stone
Favorite Book: Capital D
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tai900 »

ITnker wrote:Currently, I am reading a paper back: The Aladdin Factor by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen. Along with four other books on my iPad, one in each ereader application and a book for review in PDF format.
iBooks: The Enemy We Know by Donna White Glaser;
Kindle: The 500: A Novel by Matthew Quirk;
Nook: Game of Thrones: A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin.
Did I mention I love to read :lol:
Lol! That's a lot of reading! I have so many books on iBooks and Kindle, but I'm only reading 1 at the moment. Let me know which you liked the most?

-- 17 Mar 2014, 15:40 --
gali wrote:I have a kindle myself and I love it!
Awesome!

-- 17 Mar 2014, 15:42 --

mydarlingbeloved wrote:I'm reading Looking for Alska by John Green on my smartphone at the moment 8)
I love John Green. You must have great eye sight to read on a smart phone! Lol
mytwoTs
Favorite Book: the alchemist
Currently Reading: because I said so by Kern jennings
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mytwots.html

Post by mytwoTs »

I'm reading 'Oliver twist'... On my Samsung tab.I know ..I know.... but i just can't stop loving or reading this book. There 's something about his story.. That's keeps me coming back. And to tell u the truth I enjoy it every time.
kelsmercer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsmercer.html

Post by kelsmercer »

Hi. I'm currently reading Rainbow Rowell's book, Fangirl. It was highly recommended and so far it's a cute read. I'm reading it on my iPad "Books" app. I have to say, it's convenient because it's an additional something that I have to throw into my bag when I go into class.
sdietrich
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sdietrich.html

Post by sdietrich »

Right now I'm reading The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout and I'm reading them on my Nook. I would much rather have the physical books, but since I'm in school right now (poor college kid!), getting them on my Nook was much cheaper. It is nice, though, because I can read them on my smartphone and do not need to carry my Nook--or the book--everywhere I go.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Just finished reading The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath & I read it on my iPad
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
bobshrider

Post by bobshrider »

Currently reading Savior by A. King Bradley. Kindle app on my galaxy tab.
RebeccaSowter22

Post by RebeccaSowter22 »

I'm currently reading 'First Position by Prescott Lane' using my Kindle Fire which I absolutely love and would be lost without it !! :)
sglee425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sglee425.html

Post by sglee425 »

Kindle Keyboard. Hybrid by Justin Anderson
tmoore1990
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tmoore1990.html

Post by tmoore1990 »

My sister has a kindle fire. I've read a few books on it. She has a cover that acts as protection and and support for the lazy reader that doesn't want to hold the Kindle (me). The last book I read on the kindle, "Through The Smoke" by Brenda Novak ,it was a good-read. I've also had some experience with the nook. I would prefer the kindle over the nook, just because of its painless handle.
zifranka
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zifranka.html

Post by zifranka »

Currently reading up on Freud's contributions to the theory of sex on my android phone. Fascinating stuff. I used to think I had no further need for a mobile phone, but then I discovered the joy of moonreader. I would hate to lose my phone now, as that would mean losing weeks-worth of painstaking ebook downloading.
spoiler2010
Favorite Author: William Shakespeare
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: The Castle by Franz Kafka
fav_author_id: 2482

Post by spoiler2010 »

I do two different types of reading: reviewing and personal. As a reviewer, it is far easier to navigate back and forth in an e-book on Adobe Reader or Kindle in dissecting the book, correlating the set-up chapters to the major conflict and the climactic conclusion. Flipping back and forth with a paperback is tedious. Alternately, I'm still a dinosaur who likes curling up with a good hardcover book, and I wouldn't think of dissecting Franz Kafka or William Shakespeare. I enjoy the cruise and read patiently (well, maybe not so much with Kafka) from start to finish.
Art_042610

Post by Art_042610 »

At this moment in time I'm reading the divergent series. I like them a lot so far. My favorite way to reading is with a book rather then an e-reader. I have tried an e-reader and my only real issue with reading that way is that I just love the feeling of turning the pages in a book and I loved the smell of books ( as weird as that may be). So, after trying an e-reader a few times I just gave up cause I just love my books to much they are very important to me.
lilmaus11

Post by lilmaus11 »

I have a nexus but nothing beats reading paperback or hardback books the way I see it is the book has already been made so I'm saving a tree by giving it new life by buying the book and reading it thankfully I can reread books over and over and still enjoy them as much as I did the first time on my tenth time over , I've just finished reading allegiant by veronica Roth and thoroughly enjoys the whole divergent series , I also love (with a passion the feel of a book in my hands and the smell of them I always have at least two books in my hand bag at any given time haha)
PashaRu
Currently Reading: Vicars of Christ - The Dark Side of the Papacy
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pasharu.html
Latest Review: "Damn Females on the Lawn" by Rachel Hurd

Post by PashaRu »

From Red Square to Main Street by Alisa Mizelle. I switch back and forth from my iPad to my Kindle Fire. Depends on my mood and which one is closer at hand.
[Insert quote here. Read. Raise an eyebrow. Be mildly amused. Rinse & repeat.]
Latest Review: "Damn Females on the Lawn" by Rachel Hurd

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”