Kindle Paperwhite

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Himmelslicht
Favorite Author: Gabriel. G. Marquez
Favorite Book: One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-himmelslicht.html

Re: Kindle Paperwhite

Post by Himmelslicht »

^
This!

I filter for free books and every month (you can filter for new releases) there are new books coming out for free or for a very low price (about 0.99 up to 2.99 or so). I even download a lot of classics that are for free (Persuasion, Crime and Punishment, Karamazov Brothers, etc)
Of course that renowned authors have a pretty high price, specially right after the books come out.

PS: I do have a Kindle Paperwhite. I love it and I think I can no longer live without it.
nitalabrod
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by nitalabrod »

thanks for sharings
pretzelsnow
Favorite Author: Lynn Austin
Favorite Book: Long Time Coming by Edie Claire
Currently Reading: Silas Marner by George Elliot
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pretzelsnow.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 7595

Post by pretzelsnow »

I just recently got a paperwhite kindle and I have to tell you that I am enjoying it.It's very portable and convenient and I like it.
When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.
— Walter Lippmann
3chicnP
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-3chicnp.html

Post by 3chicnP »

I have one. I guess that's the answer to your question.. I read it at night if I can't go to sleep or I'm bored. I only have TDOWK and DD on it because they're an easy read,
I am a free spirit
like mafia
TLGabelman
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tlgabelman.html
Latest Review: "Kendra" by Grant Kniefel

Post by TLGabelman »

Im keeping my eye out for he Paperwhite to go on sale so i can get it at the best price!
“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride
Latest Review: "Kendra" by Grant Kniefel
maurynna36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maurynna36.html

Post by maurynna36 »

The only thing I love more than my Kindle Paperwhite is the waterproof cover that I have purchased for it ($60) on Amazon. We have a pool and I can float in it relaxing with a book or soak in the tub at night while reading. Best money I have every spent.
lisarosemary

Post by lisarosemary »

I love my paperwhite! I carry it everywhere I go. I was previously using an ipad to read and it was not the best option. The paperwhite allows me to read outside and in any light. And its so lightweight I can use one hand turn pages with my thumb. Best purchase.
viktbloggerskan
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viktbloggerskan.html

Post by viktbloggerskan »

I am strongly considering getting this one now I've read your opinions. Thanks!
ReadandRoll[
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: There are several
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... nbroken</a>
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower IV
Bookshelf Size: 550

Post by ReadandRoll[ »

I have the Kindle Paperwhite due to dexterity issues with my hands. I love it and get most of my books WiFi from the local library.
Rabidwerewolfie
Favorite Author: Kirstin Bakis

Post by Rabidwerewolfie »

I confess I'm one of those people who is always behind the times. I don't use Facebook, my phone isn't smart, and I've never owned an mp3 player, but I'm a total bibliophile and a voracious reader. My house has always been littered with books. I took a while researching which ereader I wanted to get, because reading ebooks on my laptop was getting inconvenient, and finally decided on the paper white. Then, much to my pleased e , Amazon came out with a NEW paperwhite just as I was ready to buy one.

And now I can't imagine how I got along so long without it. can read outside on a nice day, in bed before falling asleep, on a car or airplane, it's perfect for vacations or breaks at work. The adjustable brightness keeps the screen visible and clear no matter what the lighting is like. The ability to look up words in the dictionary with but a touch is so amazingly convenient as well, because I'm the type of person who will look up a word I'm not familiar with rather than skip it.
I don't need it for watching movies, checking email, or posting on my nonexistent facebook account, (Although I did test out the browser feature out of curiosity) so I'm very happy with my paperwhite. It is the best option for what I wanted it to do and the new books I download for it do not FURTHER clutter my shelves. (And tables, and bed, and floor, and closet and....well, you get the idea LOL)
Ali40Mck
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ali40mck.html

Post by Ali40Mck »

i have the kindle PW and i love it. i upgraded it from the original kindle keyboard which seemed so slow compared to the PW. i have to say the only thing i miss about the KKB is the side buttons which i am nearly sure are now on Kindle Voyager however it's not a deal breaker i am very happy with the PW
Host25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-host25.html

Post by Host25 »

I have a kindle paper white and I have to say it is amazing. I travel a lot and having the back light makes it hassle free wherever you are. You can adjust the font size easily to, and I agree with a previous posting about not being able to see the page numbers (which I missed from paper books) however you can see a percentage instead.
I have the kindle app on my iPad but it's nowhere near as good as the screen is difficult to see in the light.
I had the kindle touch before which broke and Amazon replaced with the paper white at first I missed the button at the bottom but now I would reccomend to anyone and both my mum and husbands mother has one!
I read lots of books and have found there to be a huge content on the kindl and again it's very easy to access and search with many free books I have discovered lots of great new authors which I wouldn't have found before.
The kindle readers forum sends out a free email each day with new free books too.
I hope this helps and you enjoy the paper white.
Battise
Currently Reading: The Snow Child

Post by Battise »

I have a Kindle paperwhite, have had this for about 18months. Got this to replace my original Kindle keyboard which absolutely loved. The paperwhite is great for clarity and the light can be dimmed or brightened to taste. The only complaint I have is I am not keen on the turn pages by touch compared to the page forward button on my original Kindle. Sometimes the page wont turn right away and the touch is less sensitive, very annoying but the pro's easily outweigh the cons :)
Col3rs
Favorite Author: Kathleen Brooks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">Thirteen Reasons Why</a>
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-col3rs.html
fav_author_id: 3555

Post by Col3rs »

Yes! I got mine for Christmas two years ago and have not left home without it since. The Paperwhite was a huge upgrade from the Kindle Keyboard I started with. They each have their selling points. The Paperwhite can be read in dark places, has a touch screen, and is very easy to use, and it fits great in a purse. The Kindle Keyboard has the best battery life of this universe (about a month of constant reading before charging). I first fell in love with my Kindle Keyboard and never thought that that love could be replaced....then the Kindle paperwhite came into my life. It was love at first use. The only thing I had to get used to was the shorter battery life. Once you switch to the paperwhite, there's no wanting to go back.
voilette83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-voilette83.html

Post by voilette83 »

I love my kindle! So much easier on the eyes when I read, unlike my iPad or step-daughters Kindle Fire. I do wish I had the paperwhite though because I like to read just before bed, and the backlight would help a lot so that I can keep the room lights off so my kids can think I'm asleep.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”