Does anyone else read constantly on their Iphone?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
lolashoes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Re: Does anyone else read constantly on their Iphone?

Post by lolashoes »

I mainly read on my iPhone too. I have a Kindle app and it has a bunch of options to adjust the brightness and font size to make reading experience more enjoyable and comfortable for the readers.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Naqvee
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00PLE2ROM

Post by Naqvee »

My smartphone has better display, so yes to phone reading but no, it is not Iphone!
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

When I was in college I always read my kindle books on my phone! Now, I have such a hard time reading on my phone, no matter what the brightness is set at my eyes get strained so easily!
Giga890

Post by Giga890 »

I read constantly on my IPhone, one of the things that made it easier is reading on Wattpad. Wattpad is pretty much an app that lets you read really good books made from non-official authors. It's also a site where you can discover tons of new books based on your most liked genres. It's absolutely amazing, you should check it out! :) :)
TalaJoan
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-talajoan.html

Post by TalaJoan »

It truly depends on what I am reading if I am using my iPhone. I can read short essays, stories or articles off my iPhone, but anything close to a novel I hate the constant scrolling down or hitting the 'next' button. The screen light does not bother my eyes, but I do have to adjust to it as I prefer to read from a physical book.
Aohanlon86
Favorite Author: Charlaine Harris
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amcdanel86.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 3791

Post by Aohanlon86 »

I do I do. I loved my kindle but it broke. my phone has the kindle app so I can continue uninterrupted. I always have it, so I can always read. I make the word bigger if I need to read without straining my eyes.
Andrea O'Hanlon
Twisted Creations Home & Bath
Author
bluegreenmarina
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Currently Reading: Drive Your Plow Over The Bones Of The Dead
Bookshelf Size: 1230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluegreenmarina.html
Latest Review: Spontaneous Addiction Recovery by Dr. James Slobodzien

Post by bluegreenmarina »

On the kindle app on my phone I can alter the text size so that definitely helps... I'm a mother of two young kids so having the ability to read one handed is amazing - I'm constantly reading on my phone. When I travel it also works really well since I don't have to pack anything :)
Insightsintobooks
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks »

I constantly read on my phone, although it's not an iPhone. I even have a Kindle and sometimes prefer my phone, probably because it fits in my pocket.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Erik
Currently Reading: Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Erik »

I read on my iPhone 6 and my iPad mini about equally. If I am out and about, it's the phone, since I rarely bring the tablet out of the house, but if I am home, I use the tablet fairly exclusively.
heymissmeia
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heymissmeia.html

Post by heymissmeia »

I do! I've been reading on my iphone since I got it. Before I have the iphone, I read books through my ipod. Hence I'm more of an e-reader than the physical copies. But I want to limit it. It's not good in my eyes and I need to practice reading faster on physical copies since I am more on e-readers and I learn to read faster there than physical copies.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

I used to... until I realized that I'm only 24 and developing squint lines around my eyes.
I only read on my tablet now.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
HelenMartha

Post by HelenMartha »

I love reading off my iPhone, I travel a lot with my work so I can be found in airports, on planes, buses and trains with a book open and being read. I do not miss putting my book down and forgetting it and leaving it behind. I always have my phone with me thus I always. have my library with me. no more lost books for me!!!
Erik
Currently Reading: Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Erik »

HelenMartha wrote:I love reading off my iPhone, I travel a lot with my work so I can be found in airports, on planes, buses and trains with a book open and being read. I do not miss putting my book down and forgetting it and leaving it behind. I always have my phone with me thus I always. have my library with me. no more lost books for me!!!
And this is the wonder of smartphones! Powerful little computers we hold in the palms of our hands.

My work requires a lot of travel as well, and I've lost books mid-trip too (which always makes me feel a wee bit bereft and rather angry at myself for losing the book I was reading while in the process of travelling), which is why I like e-books and audiobooks. As long as I have my phone, I have something to read.
Vickyoreo86
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =118626">A Court of Wings and Ruin</a>
Currently Reading: The Sword of Shannara
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickyoreo86.html
Latest Review: Cover Your Tracks, Leona Leitman by C. S. Johnson

Post by Vickyoreo86 »

Everything I read is on the kindle app on my phone. It is easier for me as i like to read while I travel. And my kindle is very old, like the very first one to come out and it hurts my eyes looking at how basic it is lol. One day when i can afford a newer model, then I will use a Kindle :) Until then, my phone is perfect
“We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences.”
― David Gemmell
MoisBenarroch

Post by MoisBenarroch »

On my Ipad, although I have a kindle, I have a mini Ipad and bought a normal Ipad. So most of my reading is done on the Ipad app :D

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”