How many ereaders have you gone through?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Re: How many ereaders have you gone through?

Post by LivreAmour217 »

I have owned only one e-reader--my Kindle that I received two Christmases ago. I love it and don't plan on replacing it until it stops working.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Tntkain511
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tntkain511 »

I still have my first one it is a Sony prc 350
Willreadsformoney
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willreadsformoney.html

Post by Willreadsformoney »

im satisfied with paper between my fingers, it just feels better

-- 10 Jan 2015, 19:43 --

im satisfied with paper between my fingers, it just feels better
allwritemel1967

Post by allwritemel1967 »

Three - one I'm not sure of the name of (a little white one which was quite heavy about 8 years ago maybe) and a kobo - my favourite kobo has broken and I can't transfer the books so I'm really annoyed ...
sheenah1221
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheenah1221.html

Post by sheenah1221 »

I have the first generation Galaxy Tablet. I use it almost solely as my ereader. I take it everywhere and have over 5000 books on it and add more monthly. I read more often using the tablet versus a paper book because I can read anytime or anywhere. Day or night it doesn't matter. :-) I have several family members that have kindles or other ereaders but they are limited on what they can download. With the galaxy I can have several of the reader apps at once and have no problem finding books.
allwritemel1967

Post by allwritemel1967 »

I think this is my third!
1rskrypka
Currently Reading: Midwives
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1rskrypka.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by 1rskrypka »

I started out with the very first original Nook. It seems so obsolete now. Then got a Nook color when they came out and absolutely loved it. After 4 years it finally just about bit the dust. I now have a Samsung Nook and a Nook Simple Touch I got somewhere in between. I have also had 3 Sony e e readers that my kids used My phone has both the Kindle App and the Nook App on it as well. The Samsung Nook can even down load the Kindle App which of course I have done. Now I can read my Kindle stuff on my Nook too.I can literally read on anything anytime anywhere any place and bring my Kindle stuff long with me too. So I guess that makes 7 in all.
Tori125
Currently Reading: the broken hearted
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tori125.html

Post by Tori125 »

I have gone through 3 eReaders. My first eReader was the first generation Kindle. It died after having it for 2 or 3 months. I was able to replace it with another first generation Kindle. My third eReader, which is the one I'm still currently using, is a Kindle Fire HD, which I got from my brother 2 years ago for Christmas.
HeySaidRenee
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heysaidrenee.html

Post by HeySaidRenee »

I'm on my second ereader. My first was a Kobo touch. Last year I upgraded to a Kobo aura. I love the built in light.
Ashezz143
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashezz143.html
Reading Device: B00D02AGU4

Post by Ashezz143 »

I have had a kindle but gave it to my other half cause I fell in love with the Samsung Tablets.. I usually upgrade each time a new one comes out.. But I can get all my books on there with the different apps that are available.
chocomeiske
Favorite Author: Ben Galley
Currently Reading: The Prey
Bookshelf Size: 4152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chocomeiske.html
Latest Review: "The Last Bucelarii (Book 1): Blade of the Destroyer" by Andy Peloquin
fav_author_id: 11401

Post by chocomeiske »

I am on my fourth which is a Kobo Touch and I'm looking to upgrade soon.
Latest Review: "The Last Bucelarii (Book 1): Blade of the Destroyer" by Andy Peloquin
Chris_B
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-b.html

Post by Chris_B »

I have a Gobii ereader and absolutely love it. Unfortunately the battery is giving me problems after only about 13 months. Getting the battery replaced, if its just the battery that is causing the problem, will cost me about half of what I originally paid for my ereader. Now I'm considering buying another new ereader instead. I'm considering the KoboGlo reader.

Does anyone have a KoboGlo? How is it?

I read about an average of 4 hours per day, every day. With this usage, is 13 months the average lifetime I can expect from my ereader?

-- 08 Sep 2015, 04:56 --

Three - one I'm not sure of the name of (a little white one which was quite heavy about 8 years ago maybe) and a kobo - my favourite kobo has broken and I can't transfer the books so I'm really annoyed ...[/quote]

Would you recommend the Kobo ereaders? How long did you have yours? When you Kobo broke, was it in an accident, like a fall or something or did it break due to battery failure or some similar problem? I'm considering getting the KoboGlo.
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

My first and only Kindle was 2009 or 2010. I use it all the time, and sometimes I access 2 books a day.
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
untiltheveryend
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-untiltheveryend.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by untiltheveryend »

I have owner two different Nook's and didnt like either. I just purchased the new 7" Kindle Fire that is $49. Hoping I like it better because I really want access to all the e-books!
agraham1988
Currently Reading: A Kiss for Christmas
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agraham1988.html

Post by agraham1988 »

I have had two Kindles so far and I have already told my husband I want a new one for Christmas. Both of the previous ones broke, but I don't think it was Amazon's fault. They both lasted a pretty long while in my opinion and the first one (the basic kindle) I think got dropped. My fire stopped charging and I think that was due to my little boy using it. I love Kindle and probably won't ever try anything else.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”