App for paperback reader

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
lonelytango
Bookshelf Size: 0

App for paperback reader

Post by lonelytango »

I am a paperback book reader, never like Kindle or iPad or any other eBook reader very much. I know GoodRead does a good job on recommending books to the user, but I am not a big fan of their app though. I am just wondering if you are going to build a mobile app, what functionalities you think would help to improve the reading experience? What apps are you guys using to keep track of your reading? :roll:
cherryadairr

Post by cherryadairr »

I spend hours reading both computer technical books and books for entertainment. ... Considering I typically wait until a book comes out on paperback ... I have purchased several books through the Kindle app such as the new ...

------------
Jami Alden
best wordpress themes
Artemisia
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artemisia.html

Post by Artemisia »

Good question.
“If you don't turn your life into a story, you just become a part of someone else's story.”
― Terry Pratchett
ZeroChill
Currently Reading: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zerochill.html
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace

Post by ZeroChill »

I an using the xodo and the kindle app. If I was to build an app I would make its user interface interactive and pleasing to the eyes
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

lonelytango wrote: 16 May 2013, 00:57 I am a paperback book reader, never like Kindle or iPad or any other eBook reader very much. I know GoodRead does a good job on recommending books to the user, but I am not a big fan of their app though. I am just wondering if you are going to build a mobile app, what functionalities you think would help to improve the reading experience? What apps are you guys using to keep track of your reading? :roll:
Download ereader Prestigio for free on Google Play Store and tell me your experience. 😉
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

Book recommendation apps have the worst UI currently. Maybe that could be worked upon?
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”