Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Helen_Combe »

Afterthought, I also have a very small house, so retaining real books is a problem for me, the e-reader takes up a lot less space.
Gina+5280
Currently Reading: The Perfect Mother
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Gina+5280 »

I like e-books because of the convenience but I can't get away from hard copies. I like having the actual book in my hand! I'm currently just using my smartphone to log into my Kindle app but I'm thinking of getting an e-reader, any suggestions?
Millymolly
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Millymolly »

I like e-books as they are not bulky for carrying around and very convenient however there is nothing better than a good old book! I go between both 😊
Vintagefaire101
Currently Reading: Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Vintagefaire101 »

I only like e-readers for conveniences sake and use any of the available apps to keep books on a tablet. I don't read like that often enough to warrant buying a separate e-reader. Traditional books will always hold a special place in my heart. I also like to collect vintage books. There is just something about reading a classic from a beautifully bounded antique that makes the whole experience magical. In comparison, an e-reader just doesn't hold that kind of value.
Lavendermysts2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Lavendermysts2 »

I’ve owned a lot of books in my life, and as I’ve gotten older, my eyesight has gotten pretty bad.
I’ve found that I love e-books and readers. My kindle has been my best friend. I love that I can change the font size, so that no matter how tired my eyes are. I can still get some reading in. I do still insist on books when it comes to art ( Da Vinci isn’t the same in an ebook) and some reference books, because of the ability to flip from section to section with more ease. But for daily reading it’s definately digital. I can also keep my whole library with me. ( no more bags of books in my car 📚)
Farmgurl1
Currently Reading: In the Shadow of the Master
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-farmgurl1.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Justice by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Farmgurl1 »

I am addicted to my Kindle Oasis. I would never want to go back to a paper book EVER! I also have a bookshelf full of my favorite books but my ereader is the only way I want to read now.
writtenbetweenthelin
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by writtenbetweenthelin »

It is a hard question... I love to smell the paper and to feel it between my fingers... but I like that you can read at night so cofortably, if you own an ebook reader. An other point is, that it is very awesome, when you are traveling
Nhorhata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61

Post by Nhorhata »

I've always dreamt of having loads of books..so obviously paper books..but i also like ebook😊
Coychino72

Post by Coychino72 »

I like paper books because I can hold the book good and when I am reading in bed if I fall asleep it won't hurt if the book fall on my face. When I am traveling I don't have to put my book away by turning off my devise.
froogyrock+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by froogyrock+ »

I get frequent migraines thus having a Cloud Kindle allows me to darken the background, make the font larger and frees my hands to adjust ice packs and hot packs. When traveling I do take a paperback for times there is no internet. When there is, I go back to using the Cloud Kindle. One drawback - I've noticed a fair amount of typos in ebooks. That said, I still prefer the ebooks.
Essentially_Literate
Favorite Book: Beastly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essentially-literate.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Essentially_Literate »

I love to read physical books more so than reading on e-readers. My reasoning would be that I enjoy being able to touch, smell, and feel the book in my hands. It is an easy way for me to relieve stress and be less distracted. When I read on my Kindle or my phone I tend to want to switch to an app and waste several hours mindlessly scrolling through social media. Don't get me wrong. A good book is a good book. It does not matter what form you choose to read it on in the end. As long as YOU, the reader, enjoys the content your brain is soaking in.
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Billy Summers
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie-hargro.html
Latest Review: Teardrops by Helen Burger
Reading Device: B083JVJQH4

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

I read with both books and e-readers almost interchangeably. I like them both and since reading is the main takeaway, I generally think that at the very least I should be able to get through a book cleanly and without trouble. Yes, books are bulky and hard to carry, but truthfully, I'd pick a normal book almost any day over an e-reader. If I'm really into a book, one of my favorite things to do is crack it open as soon as I wake up! But I definitely can't do that with an e-reader, as the light and how I have to intensely concentrate on a screen really hurts my eyes.
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

I used to be an only-paper-books kinda girl earlier. But since I used to live in rented apartments, I had to end up lugging cartons and cartons of books to every place I moved to. This meant more money to pay the packers and movers every time I moved ('cuz the number of books kept going up every year). Then I realized that I should stick to ebooks and that's how it's been ever since.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
angelemrobles05

Post by angelemrobles05 »

Paper Book, of course. The world today may be very advanced and high tech but it’s always nice and relaxing to sit down, have some wine or coffee and read a good book. Plus I love the smell of an old or new book. It makes me feel like I’m at home wherever I am. Also, you can’t stack ebooks in a shelf. No fun in that.
Gracetailor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracetailor.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Gracetailor »

I just love that feeling of having a book with me every time, anywhere. so whether paper book or eBook, I'm all the way in :D

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”