Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Hal42
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Hal42 »

Well either have their drawbacks.
Traditional books are bulky and easily damaged.
Where as e-Books require charging, storage space, a wifi connection...

I guess I prefer e-books by a slim margin, they're just more convenient most of the time
Lizann1980

Post by Lizann1980 »

My preference is paper back. It doesn't seem as accurate to say, "that was a page turner" when you were technically swiping. Granted, it is nice to have a book available on your electronic device, but that moment you slow down; just stop, sit and let your mind dive into a book. Honestly, nothing like it.
Zarsha fatima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Zarsha fatima »

I think so Paper book, Because you can fully concentrate on the content , you can also read them without using internet , some people don't have the internet facility and there is no tension of the eyesight to get decrease
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 806
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: When Black Shoes Turn Red by Tom McKenna
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

I like them both for different reasons.
Paper books for the experience - the physical connection with the book, the happiness of owning a personal copy and the freedom to fold pages and use a custom bookmark.
E books for the convenience - Own as many as you can and never worry about space crunch, carry them anywhere and read them even in the dark.
Besides, it's the content that makes any book readable and readworthy. Happy reading!
Leigh__k
Currently Reading: His Dark Materials
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leigh-k.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Post by Leigh__k »

Paperbook ..as much as I can only get most of the books I want on eBook I prefer Paperbook the feel of each page as you follow the writer's words as you fall in love with the characters and the journey they are taking I can't think of a better to read a book
Malve
Currently Reading: Onyx
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malve.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Malve »

I like paper books more. Simply because I like having books I’ve read on my bookshelf. It may sound a bit strange, but I can’t break the habit. 
bookloverFW
Currently Reading:

Post by bookloverFW »

I personally prefer paper books rather than E-books. I enjoy the smell of a new book, I like having the actual presence of them in a bookshelf. Online books are cool and all but it is certainly not the same. It doesnt have my full attention especially since you can just click a button for someone to read it for you. Vibe killer if you ask me
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

I definitely prefer the book itself. E-books are only for when I'm lazy.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
silvertricks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 290

Post by silvertricks »

I love the feeling of touching a physical book. I love the smell of paper, the act of flipping the pages, the satisfaction of closing a physical book after I've finished reading. So, without context, I'd always say I prefer physical books, softbound or hardcopy.

But the thing is, I move a lot. I relocate a lot. I move countries, apartments, cities a lot. And books are heavy. So in the past few years, I've rebuilt my library into a virtual one. I've decided that when I finally settle in a place for long-term, I will have a physical library once again.
Liveforchrist51
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liveforchrist51.html
Latest Review: The Hundredth Time Around by Stacy Lee

Post by Liveforchrist51 »

I personally love Ebooks. If I had a paperback for every book I have read or want to read, I would have to build a library just to house them all. Ebook gives you so many reading options and you don't have to find places to put the books when you're done. I do have to admit however, that I love the smell of new books.
AngieW1210
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by AngieW1210 »

Which do I prefer? Ebooks? Or paper books? I love paper books more than ebooks. I can't read to much for ebooks looking at the screen to long hurts my eyes. Just having a book in your hands flipping the pages and just smelling the books calms me. Mother of 3 boys so the paper books calm me down
hailpark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailpark.html
Latest Review: Pop's by M. R. Gerbo

Post by hailpark »

Ebooks are very convenient if I don’t own a psychical copy, but if I do, I’ll go with the psychical book every time. The experience is more authentic and relaxing in my opinion.
Latest Review: Pop's by M. R. Gerbo
BilBini

Post by BilBini »

E-books has it's own pros and cons.
Pros:
-You can read anything you want for great prices and most of times free.
-You can read a book at anytime you want to do it.
-Your books won't take any IRL space only Virtual.
-You can share it with your family or friends if you want to.
Cons:
-If you read for too long your eyes will more tired than reading a book.
-If you like big letters you have to use a tablet, paperwhite or use your phone landscape. (Even tho IRL book can be worst.)
CaptainTurtle8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-captainturtle8.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CaptainTurtle8 »

I absolutely love the feel and smell of a real book. However, my son recently gave me his Kindle Paperwhite because I read so much and he had stopped reading as much as he's gotten older, and I really enjoy it. It's been great with COVID going around as well since I haven't been able to get to the library as much. My husband really wanted me to switch to an e-reader because of the amount of books that I read. It has been very practical for hauling around with me and easily getting new books and not having the space to continue storing books.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

Paperback is my preferred choice especially if it's for studying, but ebook is more efficient. However, whether it's a physical copy or an ebook, I still enjoy collecting and reading them.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”