Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Miss Tshepiso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Miss Tshepiso »

In a wolrd of 'convenience' eBooks are the in thing. I honestly enjoy going to the bookstore and buying a book and checking out other books too. It is an experience I love for myself. It is theaurapeutic. I also love having a book in my hand and smelling the paper and in while reading. 😄
Grace Kadhim
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Grace Kadhim »

I 100% prefer a paper book, but since I can't have every book I want and I rarely get to the library, I've been relying on Kindle for some time. My library also has free kindle downloads for rent, so I use that quite often!
Kamdem Gracy
Currently Reading:

Post by Kamdem Gracy »

For me I prefer paper book because I like holding a book in my hands and also the smell of pages which pushes me to read more. Holding a phone to stressful and not good for the eyes if you read for hours
Arianne Joy Melendres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arianne-joy-melendres.html
Latest Review: The graveyard and other poems by Mae Bea Sayes

Post by Arianne Joy Melendres »

I still prefer paperback, but I'm able to read more because of ebooks (because they're more accessible and convenient) !
josephinemmarsh
Currently Reading: Dutch Girl
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by josephinemmarsh »

For traveling, e-book all the way BUT I will say I absolutely LOVE paper books. I think it just enhances the reading experience.
Tanyn Murley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanyn-murley.html
Latest Review: The Devil Pulls the Strings by J. W. Zarek

Post by Tanyn Murley »

I'm am definitely a paperback person, nothing beats holding a book in your hands. However having an ebook available on your phone is extremely useful especially when you don't have electricity
RJ45
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by RJ45 »

I'd go with ebook, my eyes don't tire out quickly and it's so comfortable
Mehakdeep Kaur
Currently Reading: Chasing Time
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Mehakdeep Kaur »

I totally understand that ease of avail of ebook make it more affordable these days, but the feel of a book in your hand, the aesthetic smell of an old book, and dog ears on pages, just acts as cherry on top for your reading experience. If you are a new reader, i.e., you want to start reading, then I suggest go for a paper back. But if you are an experienced reader and you love reading little too much, you can go for ebooks, for the reasons stated in beginning.
headlessheart
Currently Reading: Mercy's Light
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-headlessheart.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by headlessheart »

I was one of those people who was adamantly against e-readers and everything they stood for… until I got one. The convenience is a huge plus, but honestly the biggest advantage is the number of positions I can read in. I’ve always been one of those readers who sits or lays in weird positions and sometimes books make it hard to do that comfortably. Still, I would never give up my physical books and I will always been the most excited about holding a book in my hand. Of course I’m also the person who likes to hold onto CDs even though I only listen to Spotify so maybe part of this is my contradictory personality hehe
urvirawat_
Currently Reading:

Post by urvirawat_ »

I genuinely do not get the hype around ebooks. They sure are convenient when traveling with books, but they can never beat the smell of a new book or the feel of paper!
Bea01_98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bea01-98.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Bea01_98 »

I have been a huge paper book advocate in the past, but lateley I have been turning more and more to ebooks. My job requires me to move very often, and not having to carry a whole library with me is very convenient! :D
Pelumi Aikore
Currently Reading: From This Night, Forever More
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pelumi-aikore.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Pelumi Aikore »

EBook please, I have gotten so use to reading on my phone sometimes I wonder if i will ever enjoy holding a book in my hands the way it feels to hold my phone and read anytime and anywhere.
Michael Obinna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-obinna.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Michael Obinna »

Well for me, ebooks can not be compared to holding a book in my hand while reading. There's just this satisfaction that reading a 'real book' gives that an eBook doesn't have.
Jen Nghishitende
Currently Reading: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jen-nghishitende.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Jen Nghishitende »

definitely paper books even in this digital era. I like the feel of having a book in my hand and making notes and highlighting. This is why I don't like borrowing my books to anyone!
Ammarah Azhar Khan
Favorite Author: Sarah J. Maas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ammarah-azhar-1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 2719

Post by Ammarah Azhar Khan »

:techie-reference: I think paper books are the best .... although they can be a bit expensive on the pocket. The smell of pages and ink of a new book is magical . Ebooks are good but tgey are bad for eyesight and all....well ill take paper books anytimr anyday

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”