Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
IanYanny
Currently Reading: The Lovely Bones
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ianyanny.html
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by IanYanny »

I prefer paper book than ebook only because I don't read on the go, so the issue of having a portable reader is not a necessity. Plus, I enjoy looking at my book shelf every time I complete a book series and such.
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo
coltonjsmith
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by coltonjsmith »

The smell of a really old book is heavenly. Can’t beat it!
imyhearu
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by imyhearu »

I love both, but I am more on paper books. It is something I can't get enough the excitement when you receive it and the authentic smell when you first opened the first page of your books. And I love seeing all the books that I have read. Although, ebooks helps me a lot. Its save me alot of money (hehehe). I love both. And used them both.
Aarondupont202
Currently Reading: Wizard and Glass
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarondupont202.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Aarondupont202 »

Paper all the way! Now granted I have more than twice as many ebooks than I do physical ones. That is only because I get a lot of them for free and thus end up with more on my kindle than anywhere else. Saying that, if I get the chance to get a real version of a book, even if I have an e-version I will take the physical book.

The smell and the feel of being able to really hold the book and turn the pages is something that can’t be replicated. Not to mention how awesome it feel looking at your library grow as you add more books to it, nothing like needing to get a new shelf for your book collection!! :geek2:
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
personwholovesbooks
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by personwholovesbooks »

We have a small house so I can't really occupy that much space so I prefer ebooks.
"I've learned so much from my mistakes.
I'm thinking of making a few more."
kingslexasoh1000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119

Post by kingslexasoh1000 »

Well, I would prefer eBook over paper book.
Author Drummond

Post by Author Drummond »

As a first-time author, I long to have my own paper book in my hand with my name printed on the cover. But I could only find an e-book publisher who's interested. So I'm going ahead with that. This is after querying 48 publishers and agents without a bite. I guess you can say I'm an ebook convert by default.
rfaye

Post by rfaye »

I love reading ebooks. The faster we read, the more books we can review, to the best level of accuracy. On the other hand, I also like to have more books on my bookshelf.
kingslexasoh1000
Currently Reading:

Well I prefer paper book over eBook

-- 11 Nov 2017, 14:11 --

because eBook has to be read online while paper book have to be bought.... and that's better
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

There are advantages and disadvantages of reading ebooks and paper books. As for me, I prefer ebook on the go. When my eyes get tired of the mobile radiations, I switch to paper books.
johappy
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... Matched</a>
Currently Reading: Into Thin Air
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-johappy.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by johappy »

I use ebooks a lot when I don't have a physical copy of the book I want, but real books are always so much better. 10/10
kingslexasoh1000
Currently Reading:

Well I would prefer paper book over eBook.
:tiphat:
Cin8685
Currently Reading: The Address
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cin8685.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by Cin8685 »

I️ prefer an actual paper book over an ebook. That being said, I do read several ebooks on my kindle. But as others have said, there is just something about holding an actual book, the smell of the book, feel of the pages and cover. The actual paper books can be cumbersome and heavy to carry around in a purse or diaper bag (in my case) which is where the ebooks come in handy! Took a trip to Dominican Republic and it was much easier to bring several books with me. Either way, I just love to read, give me a book I️ don’t care what format it is!
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

I'm staunchly in the corner of PHYSICAL books. I prefer everything about them, the feel of the cover, the feel of the pages, the smell of the pages, the way the ink looks, the weight of them, the act of physically turning the pages, etc. I also adore looking at my books ON A SHELF; the experience brings out so many fond memories, while looking at a list on a device is boring. I also like how they can be conversation-starters; on a bus or train, no one can tell what anyone's reading on a Kindle or whatever, but when I see anyone with a book, I try to check out the cover and ask about it if the cover is appealing. NO digital representation comes anywhere close, as far as I'm concerned. In fact, the only digital books I read are the ones I review for this site, but if there was an option to get them in paperbook instead of .pdf (or .epub or .mobi), I'd do that in a heartbeat.
kingslexasoh1000
Currently Reading:

paper book for sure
:tiphat:

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”