Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
garuthesnail001
Currently Reading: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by garuthesnail001 »

I have books, but i also read online because i don't have the money to purchase the book. Reading actual books is better my eyes don't get easily tired. The good part of reading online for me is that when i forgot to bring my books with me on my travel, i open my phone and read online. So for me ebook or actual book it depends, as long as i can read good books or stories i am happy. :)
Keneenm14
Currently Reading: A Mother's Conviction
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Keneenm14 »

It really never occurred to me like that. I’ve gotten so use to reading books on kindle, nook, and other types of media places that I don’t think I’ve gotten around to get an actual book. I take both as the same thing; it’s just what I would prefer at certain times.
Mama12
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Mama12 »

I thought that I wouldn’t like ebooks. I am not a very neat person so my pile of books by my bedside would get pretty big and tend to topple over. So there are definite advantages to ebooks. In addition, I really like being able to hold my finger on a word and see its meaning. Guess I’ve converted now.
ellaziashi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ellaziashi »

E-books are amazing, it's much easier to read a soft copy that a actual hard copy. While reading an e-book you can easily highlight your favorite part of the book and come back to it when ever. I really don't get the hype about paper books and all but everyone is entitled to their own opinion
WolfieZarmot97
Currently Reading:

Post by WolfieZarmot97 »

This might be weird coming from someone of millennial age, but personally i prefer good ol' paper. One, you don't need batteries to read it. Just a decent lightsource. And two, I get a certain type of satisfaction of holding something physical. There's nothing like the feel of paper vs the far too familiar rob of a touchscreen. And I know there's the whole arguement about being eco-friendly, but considering that most paper is being made out of cotton instead of wood, there's no guilt. And you can always just plant a tree if you do feel guilty.
TheRedQueen22
Favorite Book: Fight or Flight
Currently Reading: Breaking Hollywood
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theredqueen22.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by TheRedQueen22 »

There's a certain satisfaction and fulfilment when I had my first bookshelf. I bought books a lot when I was in High School, much to my mother's displeasure. Haha. And I kept them in a box until I had to live far away for work. Then about a year ago, my family moved out of our childhood house and since I was not living with them at the time, they sent my things to our family house where my Grandparents lives. I asked my mother a bookshelf as a birthday gift.
It now stands in the receiving room of the house, it wasn't able to hold all my books so I still have a few left in the box.
JamJam09

Post by JamJam09 »

I enjoy an ebook. I can cook or clean while listening. However, as great as that is. If I listen to the ebook, I still go buy the hard copy. I like my books and watching my collection grow. No matter how convenient ebooks become, I will still always love my books more.
laurenjauregui

Post by laurenjauregui »

I dreamt as a kid to one day own so many books as to fill a whole room. My very own library. But children grow up and gotta wake up from dreams.
Paper books just isn't practical anymore. With the luggage limits on today's aircrafts. Lugging around your twenty or so favorite must-take-everywhere-I-go books is just not possible.
What's possible is E-books. Just a click away. Take hundreds books with you no problem at all.
I conclude by saying E-books is the future. Yet at the end of the day the new book smell is a hard drug to give up. Heh.
Tur turee
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Tur turee »

Call me old fashioned but paper books are much better than e-books, unless you are traveling or are away from home
Sophie12
Favorite Book: fault in our stars
Currently Reading: Master the Law of Attraction
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Sophie12 »

I have both. Id rather have a good book in my hands though, it seems so much more connecting than on a Kindle. I feel like I can get more into it. It's more relaxing. Don't get me wrong, have a E-reader is great for trips though.
GJB2018
Currently Reading: The Sixth Extinction
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reading Device: B072V5K6TF

Post by GJB2018 »

Ebooks are great late at night in bed when you dont need a bed lamp and your partner can still sleep, but real books are best for that lazy afternoon sitting in the shade and i agree with previous posts, who doesn't love a full bookcase that you can brag about having read every book in it. :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
tfrancois06
Currently Reading: Sleeping Beauties
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reading Device: B00ZV9PXP2

Post by tfrancois06 »

I am definitely a paperback girl. But, I have a lot of books on my Kindle, too. I think it depends on the book for me. A classic, I would definitely have in paper form.
Christpaul150p
Favorite Author: Shaunti Feldhahn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
fav_author_id: 13357

Post by Christpaul150p »

The ereader is preferred because i can search easily for any book i wish to read and download it very fast
Kirasian
Currently Reading:

Post by Kirasian »

I like ebooks and have lots of them.. But, there's something about having an actual book in my hands..
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

I think there's a place for both e-books and real books. I have my iPad mini in my handbag in case I’m suddenly held up somewhere and need a handy book to read.
However, I wouldn’t take my iPad to the beach in case it got swiped while I was swimming, I would take a paperback instead.
Also, I like to read before turning my light out at night and I’m told that the iPad screen will interfere with my sleep, so again, I prefer a book.

I’m also into audiobooks as I can listen to them while I’m gardening, walking or doing housework, so my iPad is invaluable. I like it that you can now download books that can switch been audio and visual. Great for reading on a sun bed and then you just need to close your eyes for a few minutes. :wink:

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”