Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
rabiyajamal45
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by rabiyajamal45 »

I think ebook
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

I vote ebook too...Simply 'cuz of the convenience.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
DancingLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancinglady.html
Latest Review: Believe What You Want To Believe by Alicia Kristine and George Williams

Post by DancingLady »

I generally prefer paper books, and generally paperback paper books. I obviously do read ebooks, and now that I'm a reviewer, I'm going to be reading a lot of ebooks and plan to upgrade to a new Kindle soon for that purpose, but for the books I read just for me, for personal pleasure, I think I will always stick to the paper book. I would certainly miss the experience of going to a used book store and browsing for something interesting, interacting with the shop owner and possibly other customers. (small town) I also love to be able to give my books away to the Little Free Library in the neighborhood of my job when I am finished with them, and occasionally I find some gems others have left that I enjoy. While there are a lot of advantages to ebooks, there is just something about the printed page that isn't to be given up easily. I do fully expect at some point in my lifetime some crisis or other will remove access to technology like ereaders and computers for most of us, and all we will have left are the printed books already in our area.
ReaderTeacher
Currently Reading: Dead Fix
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerteacher.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by ReaderTeacher »

As someone who once worked in a library, I have always treasured physical books. Despite a major in English and professors berating me to annotate my texts, I never could mark up a physical text. It always felt like some form of vandalism to me. For this reason (and the ease of finding previous notes), I thoroughly enjoy reading books electronically. This way I can annotate without destroying the sanctity of a physical text. That being said, I still love the feeling of sitting down in an arm chair or on the beach with a physical book. Ultimately, I think my favorite way to “consume” books is to listen to them. I especially love the idea of authors as traditional storytellers passing down their knowledge and imaginations to the world.
WendyB80
Currently Reading: A Criminal Defense
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by WendyB80 »

I love physical books, I read them a lot when I am home and able to read. However, I have time waiting at work or appointments and the like so I take my Kindle there or read on my phone. It depends on the amount of time I think I will be sitting and reading. Cookbooks I want only in print because I like to annotate them with notes about recipes that I tried and if we liked them, etc.
rave_2
Currently Reading: A Word so Fitly Spoken
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rave-2.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by rave_2 »

I like both since I love the feel of a book when I'm reading, and I also love the fact that I can have so many ebooks on one device. Perfect for when I'm away from home.
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
chiwenduchijioke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwenduchijioke.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by chiwenduchijioke »

Paper books definitely. I just love the look of physical bookshelves and books. Ebooks win when it comes to convenience though.
McKenzieRyan
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mckenzieryan.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00M4L4J7I

Post by McKenzieRyan »

I love physical books there is something about curling up with a good book that just isn't the same with Ebooks. I do use my iPad as an e-reader sometimes for convenience but it will never replace physical books.
chriscan77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chriscan77.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by chriscan77 »

I own a Kindle and love having the book I'm reading with me at all times on the Kindle app, but there is nothing like the feel and smell of a paper book. Yes, I said smell!! Does anyone else find themselves smelling the pages of a new book and smiling? :D
BookBun
Currently Reading: The Diabolic
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by BookBun »

I use both. I usually have an ebook going at the same time as reading a physical book. Ebooks are great for reading at night (as a sufferer of insomnia I find it so helpful), and since getting my kindle I have read a lot more than I thought I would. Physical books are great too and I love buying them and reading them, only trouble is bookshelf space!
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

Paper books, always... But Ebooks are so practical both in terms of physical and monetary space, that it's just impossible not to take them into account. Hopefully, one day someone will invent a paper type that will change its ink content from one moment to another. That feeling of moving from one page to another is irreplaceable...
Nickole

Post by Nickole »

Most probably teenagers like me like Ebook than paper book, but we can learn more and enhance our knowledge in reading books.. so prefer paper books. :techie-studyingbrown:
iantot10

Post by iantot10 »

ebooks and also paper books
Graceia
Currently Reading: Do a Little Wrong
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-graceia.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Graceia »

Both ways. E-books are however easy to handle saving on space and readable on gadgets especially when traveling.
tsoyars

Post by tsoyars »

I do own a e-reader but don't put the majority of my books on it. I agree with what many others say that there is something about holding a bound book in your hands. The weight, the feel and for those books I have owned for a long time the scent of a well loved book.

I tend to put certain reference books on my phone so that I can refer to them at work but what I read at home is almost always a physical book. It's like sitting down to talk with an old friend.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”