Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
nalnas_1
Currently Reading: Skills of the Warramunga
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by nalnas_1 »

I grew up reading paperback and didn't discover the joy of e-books until about three years ago. My daughter was born and I had nothing better to do while she breastfed except read books. I started the Harry Potter series and those got heavy and difficult with an infant on my lap so I switched to e-books and have loved the switch ever since. We have many books nestled into every crevice of our bookshelf and I do like to pick up a Japanese light novel or Lord of the Rings but the thought of having a virtual bookshelf is nice too. If I had to choose between e-book or paper books, as hard as the decision may be, I would choose paper books. I find it difficult to escape the absence of the glowing pages and lamp-lit glory of these books. It's also not a big loss if you drop the paper book in the bath as opposed to the phone or [insert choice of reading device].

Team Paperbook!
Lainin

Post by Lainin »

I prefer e-books as it saves much space:) more convenient
SallyH55
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sallyh55.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by SallyH55 »

Hi, everybody!
Even with the minor hassles of e-readers, I'm hooked. Every time I think of 3,000 books in a 3/8-inch space, I'm completely awed. I can carry a whole library wherever I go!
Tneagle76

Post by Tneagle76 »

There is just something about the physical book that gets me. I love the way they smell and feel lol..

For the sake of my marriage I have a lot on the kindle, but still.....
S Lee Fisher
Favorite Book: A Mystery of Grace
Currently Reading: Etched in sand
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by S Lee Fisher »

E-books are easier on my eyes. I can enlarge print to help overcome my vision problems. However, there is nothing better than book in hand, comfy overstuffed chair, reading in front of a fire.
Ando_Kara

Post by Ando_Kara »

Personally I love carrying around my tablet or phone to read an ebook on wherever I am because 1) I don’t have to carry extra materials with me ‘cause my phone is anyway always in my hands so it is convenient, 2) I can zoom in if I can’t read something due to vision problems and 3) I don’t have to worry about it being lost since it’s saved on my device and I can find it there whenever I want to.
However, If you want to keep the actual copy of the book for a long time because it represents you or you just enjoy it so much, then a paper book can give you the full feeling of actually reading a book. Good old habits are always the best.
Jennashby_87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennashby-87.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Post by Jennashby_87 »

I went through a phase of downloading a lot of Ebooks because I don’t have access to a lot of books in my small town. I much prefer paper books though. I also don’t like to take out book from the library because I want to own them. I’ve always wanted a huge collection of my own books.
Samantha McCraw
Currently Reading:

Post by Samantha McCraw »

I honestly think paper books are better! Nothing beats curling up with a book on the couch and reading.
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

I'd rather paperbook, it's healthier for the eyes, plus I'm addicted to the smell of books!
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
Janeldonlee

Post by Janeldonlee »

I prefer the actual book because I get interrupted to many times. Always, a call, text, email or some notification
PeakPhobic

Post by PeakPhobic »

I prefer the actual book itself even though you can have all your favorite books in one place with e-books.
Glennberg
Currently Reading: Hound-dog Man
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Glennberg »

Paper please.....
As a mom with 4 kiddos, between traveling, managing plug-in-time for other tech devices, or looking for a time out in my busy day, the simplicity of grabbing a traditional book feeds my needs far greater than the e-book. I can cover any book I am reading in public to gain my privacy while waiting at the docs. office. It is faster to open than my kindle or e-book in regards to opening. But, I do enjoy the ability to organize notes or other selected tabs through an e-book, and many e-books are cheaper than traditional (especially if you enjoy aged literature). Since my shelves and storing space has been quite full, the e-book has allowed me to keep and read other pieces of literature I might have to pass up on.
Loving my traditional books, and enjoying my e-books,
Crystal
Lisathereader76
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisathereader76.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Lisathereader76 »

i love paperback novel nothing beats curling up with a novel in your hand,i also love e readers for price of books and the nightlight to read by. If i had to choose paperbacks are it
Melissa117

Post by Melissa117 »

I love having a físicas book in my hands when I read, but reading e books is very quick and easy because it’s all in the palm of your hands. Although e books are great, in my opinion they will never be able to beat a físicas book.
scarr26

Post by scarr26 »

I think both have their place - ebook for convenience when out and about, but oh how I love a 'page-turner'. And there is nothing like shelves full of books. Over the years I have re-read most of the books on my shelves, some many times. This is not something I would do on my Kindle. Strangely, If I felt I wanted to read a book again that I'd read from my Kindle, for me it would warrant buying the hard copy.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”