Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
kdot
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by kdot »

EBook is the best,It has lots of options on what to read,paper book might be limited.
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

I hands down prefer the real thing but do have a Kindle because my husband and I are big-time travelers (we move to a new country every year). While I continue to buy books and always will, my Kindle has allowed me to read when I can't find books in a language I speak, can't have books shipped to me, etc. In this way, I've actually conceded to admitting an ebook's usefulness at times.
Cori Nichols
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cori-nichols.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Cori Nichols »

I love both. There are so many books that are not currently in print that I have on my kindle. I normally have at least a paperback in my purse, but some books I would feel watched if I had the cover out. I read books of all genre, but some have covers I just couldn't show in public. I have a wonderful bookcase full of books but I have thousands on my kindle.
elle2411

Post by elle2411 »

i prefer ebook, because i can still read even when the lights are off. I won't get caught by my mom that i am still awake at 3 am .
stark16r
Currently Reading: The Atomic Sea
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by stark16r »

I am still torn between the two. I still read my paper books because nothing can replace the feeling of holding a book. At the same time I really like my e-readers it enables me to store hundreds of books in the palm of my hand and take them with me anywhere it go. It also enables me to explore many independent authors that I would otherwise never discover. That being said I will never give up my paper books.
bekkirtw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bekkirtw.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by bekkirtw »

I vote for both. I love the feel, the smell, and the experience of a physical book. I love full bookshelves, too. I love sifting through shelves at a used book store. However, I love the convenience of my Kindle. I love transporting hundreds of books in my purse. I love how the screen looks outside, and I love how it lets me read in the dark. For me, it is not an either/or issue. I love both, and would not want to give up either.
seymmarc
Currently Reading: The Nun
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seymmarc.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by seymmarc »

I prefer physical books to any other form. There's just something you can't beat about picking up a book and flipping the pages. But occasionally I'll use my kobo or listen to an audiobook so I can multi-task.
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

There will always be the appeal of books, the smell, the feel of the pages, seeing your progress, looking at a pile of books or your bookshelf, sharing the book with people you care about. I've been known to hug a book at times.

But ebooks strain my eyes less, I lose my place a lot less, and I can look up words that I don't understand without using another resource.

Books are amazing anyway that they come.
fiarcurrin
Currently Reading: Demon Freaks

Post by fiarcurrin »

This answer absolutely depends on the type of book I’m ready. If it’s a normal book, I prefer a psychical copy. But if it’s for romance novels or a series I prefer digital. The reason for this is simple. It’s cheaper and takes up less room. That and I can hide the fact I read waaaay too many romance novels. It’s actually kind of scary...
I do however harbor a deep love of paperbacks and if I really enjoy a book I own digitally I’ll just say screw it and but a paperback of it anyways. I mean, nothing beats the smell of a good book.
ShelbyRae92
Currently Reading: Escape

Post by ShelbyRae92 »

I personally love paper books. There’s nothing better then the smell of a freshly opened new book along with curling up in a comfy chair && getting lost in the books world.
++++
Currently Reading: The Magic Charm
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by ++++ »

EBook is definitely better ....I can read from anywhere and at any time without having to carry big books. Its a fun and easy way to quench my reading thirst
Aituaje
Currently Reading: Heaven and Earth
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aituaje.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Aituaje »

I personally enjoy hardcovers; I love the weightiness of the book and the classic "sitting in front of the fireplace, reading a book, and sipping hot cocoa" feel of the experience. I feel like I can relax when I have a good sized tome in my hand. I feel like I can relate to the characters more when I'm reading from a hardcover.
desantismt_17
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 1313
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desantismt-17.html
Latest Review: Sasquatch Did It! by Patricia Komar

Post by desantismt_17 »

I have some vision loss, and ebooks let me listen to books, something print books don't do. So, I'm an ebook reader. That said, there is nothing like the smell of a new book, and I want a Beauty and the Beast library someday, just because.
dtb
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtb.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by dtb »

I like e-books and audiobooks, but I like paper books the most.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

Classics should be paperback or hardback. Everything else can be e-reader! I love reading at night so it's easy to do so without having the glare of a lamp or overhead light. It's my lazy method of reading. :)

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”