Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Joy_Oscar
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 819">Fifty Shades of Grey</a>
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Joy_Oscar »

In my opinion, they're both good depending on the availability. For instance, here in Nigeria is difficult getting hard copies of some certain foreign books but its easier getting d e-book.
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-benji.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Mr Benji »

I prefer paper book to e-book so that I can underline and circle important points.
Yours sincerely,
Bok48.
Books are lovely.
Sue_K
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Sue_K »

I like a paper book - it is so much easier on my eyes.
Panku_varma_143
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Panku_varma_143 »

Hiee, What I think is That Traditional Book is Much Easier to Read As Compared to Ebook.. Because Now a Days e-books Can be Read in A mobile, But If in Some circumstance Suppose We lost our Mobile phones or Our Mobile Battery Got Dead.. Then We Cannot read it. Onthe other hand aper book can Be Easily Transter to Some one who want to Read. And paper book gives an emotion while reading it..
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

I personally prefer e-books to paper books because of convenience and ease of mobility and also, availability of options like highlights, note making, dictionary and other features available electronically.
speedie
Currently Reading: Asymptote
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by speedie »

I love "real" books. I read so very quickly (2000 words per minute) that I finish a book each day. I have tried for years to find a ebook reader for my tablet pc. I have not found one yet that simulates reading a "real" book. i.e. two pages side by side with 10pt print. I do not own a ereader as the readers are too small that I can only see one page at a time, and so I am "turning" the page every second. Anyone have suggestions?
TheWiseone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by TheWiseone »

I love real books :) paper and ink is the best. I collect books and will have a library one day.
Lalalaurasanto
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lalalaurasanto.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Lalalaurasanto »

I actually see this debate from both sides!!! There's nothing like the smell of an old book (or a new book, for that matter). There will never be anything as comforting as wandering through a bookstore, or a library, or any area of a store that sells physical books. Touching the texture of the pages is like nothing else, and holding the weight of the book is so comforting. Plus, actually carrying a book around with me just feels good. I'm currently reading a physical book, and I love bringing it with me wherever I go. That being said, I basically carry an entire library with me wherever I go because I have e-readers on my phone. It's incredibly convenient, and always useful in lines (especially when I don't have a physical book with me). I can whip out a book on my phone's e-reader app literally anywhere and at any time. And trust me, I do. I am actually also reading an e-book at the moment. (I have this thing where I can read multiple books at once, and I think it stems from my ADHD!) So long story short, I love both forms of reading...and we haven't even mentioned audiobooks!
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD
sammiereads
Currently Reading: Truthwitch
Bookshelf Size: 546

Post by sammiereads »

Ereaders are good for people who travel a lot and it does help save quite a bit of money for me because mine can connect to the local library so I can borrow books. But I do agree that holding a physical book feels nicer but it is more expensive in the long run. I, personally like both.
carlyazubah
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by carlyazubah »

For me, nothing can beat curling up with a good (physical copy) book, and I just do not get the same feeling from a kindle! This is especially true when reading on holiday for me as trying to stare at a screen during the midday sun ruins the experience.

However, I do have a kindle and really want to give it another go as it’s such a space saver and would be so much easier to take around with me and read on the go! :D
Crykit1968
Currently Reading: The Expelled
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Crykit1968 »

Hi there,

While I have found it fun to be able to read books electronically, I guess I'm old school. I love to be able to turn the page by hand. In fact, my dream when I retire is to have built a huge library of books (physically of course). I've just always loved them. I also completed my Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration completely online. That was a challenge because my textbooks were provided electronically as well. I guess it all boils down to personal preference. As with anything else, the pros and cons would need to be considered when deciding which is more effective (from a teaching standpoint). My biggest concern? The money I will have lost that I spent on electronic versions of my books if for some reason I don't have access to or a way to re-download them. So whenever possible, I try to be sure I've saved a copy on my thumbdrive instead of just in the 'Cloud'. Make sense?

I sure hope you all have a wonderful evening!

Sincerely,
Crystal Renee'
Strongbob25
Currently Reading: Maskerade
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strongbob25.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Strongbob25 »

I swore I'd never switch to ebooks... and then I got one. Now, I can't imagine going back. It's so amazing to have my entire collection with me at all times, and to be able to read in any light level! It's literally the best thing ever for a reader like me!
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

I love them both. I live in a country where books are not available in such a wide variety as I would like. E-reader saves this problem for me. Also, I take at least one book with me anywhere I go. This way I can just take them all.
S_Mulla
Currently Reading: Tarnished
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-mulla.html
Latest Review: A Good Boy by Anthony Andre

Post by S_Mulla »

Paperback is my favorite but I don't mind Ebook.
Ann McPherrin
Currently Reading: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-mcpherrin.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Ann McPherrin »

I would personally want the physical book in my hand to read. For me the enjoyment of reading comes from being able to feel the pages and smell the leather binding of the novel.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”