Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Littlemrsreader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Littlemrsreader »

I like real books, but I also don’t mind reading e-books every now and then. I definitely will never give up my bookshelves full of books. I just love being able to grab a book from my shelves, grab a hot drink and read away. Turning real pages and smelling the paper (books smell good!)
Zom4190+
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Zom4190+ »

E-book I prefer reading
Zom4190+
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Zom4190+ »

E-book I prefer reading
kosgeyvini
Favorite Book: Timewise
Currently Reading: Emotional Cure for Autism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by kosgeyvini »

eBook the best option ,making me easier to retrieve my books at finger tips without bulge ,kindle has made this happen
MissRain52
Currently Reading:

Post by MissRain52 »

I can definitly say I love having both Paperbook and eBook . Simply because I'm just a little too clumsy depending on the situation. For instance when it comes to things where I am in an environment that doesn't allow me to ruin a good paper book so that i can sit to feel, smell and hear each page as I turn definity calls for it. As to oppose an environment where there are items to spill all over my book or somewhere which requires me to be super busy and I'm stuffing my book into my bag due to me running here and there is not my ideal situation for a Paperbook, so my other trusty book, eBook comes into place. But whats mainly important is that while reading you can diving head first into a story that takes you somewhere else. Where you can revisit or go on to another journey and its not because of the differences between paper or digital, but because of the Authors that draws you in. 📖📖📖📖 📚📚📚📚
Readingblondes
Currently Reading: A court of throne and roses
Bookshelf Size: 156

Post by Readingblondes »

Personally i used to read only and exclusively e-books,not that I have a reader,i just read on my phone... , but now all I want is physical books..
Besides no thing can replace a nice bookshelf ❤
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

In the modern era, most people are of the opinion that e-books are the best. For me, I love both the e-books and the paper books but if I were to choose I would pick on paper book because at the end of the day after reading the book I can always fill my shelves. Whoever wants to read it will easily access it with or without a smart phone or any other device that one needs to read an e-book.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Emtehan Alam

Post by Emtehan Alam »

Paper book is the best to read . It is the way you can touch every page of book besides reading . I’m sure , every bookworm love to take smell of pages . When we read books , we just dive in it and we escape from reality . So , paperbook is the nice way of reading . Turning the pages over is like we are turning a new episode . Touch does matter . Touching the letters of books is kinda touchy and it’s like we are fixing every words of the story . As I’m a booklover I’ll must go for a paperbook . E-book is not that much cool . And paperbook is the amazing way of continue our bookstagram . Make a cool bookish photography , go for a paperbook .
combatmedicsbaby70

Post by combatmedicsbaby70 »

I have to go with ebook for now but once I buy a house and know I won't be moving again lol I'll prefer paperbacks
bevsue

Post by bevsue »

love my e reader
Acekay
Favorite Author: Terry Goodkind
Favorite Book: Furies of Calderon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
fav_author_id: 5284

Post by Acekay »

Paper book for sure! Talk about an sense of accomplishment, killing the last 1000 page book of the six book series.
myqueen80

Post by myqueen80 »

I know that I'm probably going to be bashed for this but I prefer and e-reader to a traditional book. I have run out of room for real books in my home. An e-reader is so much easier to handle. No page turning, no need for bookmarks that may fall out and easy to pack and store.
Kdefaye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdefaye.html
Latest Review: No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson

Post by Kdefaye »

I've always said I prefer actual books, but I am starting to see the benefits of the e-book. Especially now I've discovered this site.
Czarina Grace
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-czarina-grace.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Czarina Grace »

As I have been reading and collecting paper books over the past 10 years, I have to say, storage system is a nightmare. When my bookshelves became full, I resorted to boxes. When my boxes became full I resorted to a neat file under my bed. When that was full, I made a shelf beside my bed (coz who dislikes having a nice bedtime story?) But I hope you get my point. Paper books honestly take a LOT of space (hard bound, soft bound, trilogies and series!)
Ebooks on the other hand, admittedly are compact and handy. But that's only up until the battery lasts. Not to mention the blue light and radiation gives me a killer headache in the long run.
So I'd say, ebook is the good choice for a storage and budget friendly collection (my student years). But if you're in the process of building and maintaining a library, nothing beats the satisfaction of running your fingers against the spines of paper books <3
Andie-j
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andie-j.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Andie-j »

E-books. I have no space for any other books.
It is what it is :tiphat:

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”