Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
August3Dupin
Currently Reading: Dracula's Guest
Bookshelf Size: 6

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by August3Dupin »

Ebooks aren't bad, they're just not paper. I like that I can lay on my bed and read whatever I want from my tablet, especially since I don't have the books that I want to read and can legally get for free as ebooks. Nothing's going to replace paper books, but ebooks are, at times, more convenient.
Delioness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delioness.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by Delioness »

Ebooks are much more convenient in terms of space and weight when one's away from home, but there's a more contented feeling that comes with reading paper bound books. Its only challenge is bookshelf space. I can't categorically state which I prefer, so I'll just go with both of them depending on my current environment.
ValkyrieKit
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valkyriekit.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by ValkyrieKit »

I definitely love the feeling of a book in my hands but with my daughters, there simply isn't always the ability to do so. I've had one too many books torn by overexcited toddlers who meant well. However, I cannot do schoolwork on a digital medium. I go to school online but I have to print all my textbooks. I simply don't retain the information the same for some reason. I also really love being able to mark up books, you can do so on an ereader but its just not the same.
Emilia1892
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Eyes Don't Lie
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Emilia1892 »

I prefer E-book!
Mollysplac3
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mollysplac3 »

I prefer paperback books.
Mollysplac3

Post by Mollysplac3 »

I totally agree with the previous post. I thoroughly enjoy reading a paper book rather than the computer. I like the feel of the book in my hands. I usually carry a book around with me when I go places. If I have to wait in the doctor's office, I use that time to catch up on the reading. Plus now that I am having some problem with my eyes, I can get copies of large print books. Reading is a great way to relax.
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

I love reading paper books. It feels nice to hold the book and I like the smell the pages give off. But I don't mind reading the eBooks either as far as the story I'm reading is good.
-R
Zilelabelle
Currently Reading: Dragonfriend
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zilelabelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by Zilelabelle »

Don't get me wrong, I love a good book. The feel, the smell, and being able to easily go back 10 pages to check something I may have missed are all great things, but I already have thousands of books filling up my house. I'm a life-long book addict and I need to be able to indulge my fix without needing to move to a bigger house every few years. Plus when going on long trips, I don't have to pack an extra 50 lb bag to accommodate all of the books I want to bring!
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

I prefer an e book on my mobile any time. A paperback is inconvenient for me for I cant bring it with me everywhere. An e book on the other hand...
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
rnraa99
Currently Reading: Call Me by Your Name
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by rnraa99 »

I don’t mind either but I enjoy the fact that e-books don’t require paper and I can bring mulitple books w/ me anywhere. Plus sometimes e-books are cheaper. But i agree that a shelf filled with books is aesthetically pleasing.
gjhoie96
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by gjhoie96 »

I think both is same good things to use .Its just really depends on you which you are more comfortable to read or where u enjoys more on reading .
Tcutshall
Currently Reading: Mine to Protect
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Tcutshall »

I enjoy both but my preference when I can is a physical book. But I like the convience of carrying books with me on my phone. Lol
raluk_meli
Currently Reading:

Post by raluk_meli »

I do want to get a Kindle or something, but I think books will always have a charm of their own . I think it makes the experience more personal and it's a shame that you have to think twice before buying a book because, let's face it, they are pricey.
princessERI
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 599">Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princesseri.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by princessERI »

I still prefer paper book because it's healthy for the eyes. There are less to no errors at all in printed books than in ebooks. I also appreciate more the covers and arts of printed but the cons is that it took more spaces and expensive.
Ebooks are pros for less space and easy to access wherever because it is already in my phone. Moreover, less expensive

In general, I do love the printed books but economically I prefer Ebooks.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
jccurious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jccurious.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by jccurious »

If I had the resources and my own library at home, I would choose the paper book. Reading a physical book is quite the experience in-and-out of itself. It is much more exciting to read a paper book especially when you are at the climax of the story and you become impatient to turn the next page to see what happens. But due to lack of space and funds, I usually settle for e-books.

I read a lot and I read fast that's why e-book is the best option for me right now. It is easily accessible, especially during long travels (I can't exactly pack just one book. I need a lot!), and I can just switch the book I'm reading if I'm too stressed with the current one (I usually read 2 to 3 book simultaneously).

Our technology is growing fast and I feel that soon, every book will be on e-book format not just because it is cheaper to produce, but because people nowadays want that easy access that e-books can provide. But still, a paper book is still amazing. You can't exactly leave handwritten notes on an e-book. That's why if I really liked a book, a paper book would still be an option. But for the rest, I'll go for e-book.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”