Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
jennyfalcone62809
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyfalcone62809.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by jennyfalcone62809 »

I love both. I love to hold a real book in my hand and be able to mark it up. I also love the convenience of using my phone as an e-reader because then you can carry around hundreds of books and read in dark places. You can also make notes to refer back to at the end of the book in one comprehensive list.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Rhianon
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Rhianon »

I have also struggled with this question. I love books, and having been around before technology took over, I prefer real books. Unfortunately, most books now are more expensive in book form than in tech form, and some are only available in tech form. For this reason I had to break down and buy a Kindle Fire. But I'm not going to stop buying and reading actual books whenever I can!
WestIndie001
Favorite Author: James M. Gabagat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-westindie001.html
Latest Review: "Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from THE TOXIC AVENGER" by Jeffrey W. Sass
fav_author_id: 125024

Post by WestIndie001 »

If it's from an author I love it would have to be paper. Books by indies I don't mind reading electronically.
Latest Review: "Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from THE TOXIC AVENGER" by Jeffrey W. Sass
Anirudh Badri
Currently Reading: Quiet
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anirudh-badri.html
Latest Review: Galactic Passages: Planet 6333 by Dean and Anson Vargo

Post by Anirudh Badri »

I love both, but if I had both with me, I'd probably read the paper book. I find the experience to be somehow more multi-faceted than when I read an ebook.

That said, ebooks on my Kindle have immense advantages over physical books in terms of accessibility (most fantasy books are not even available in paperback easily where I live) and space constraints, which is why most of my reading these days happens with ebooks.
Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Storygamer88 »

I've had a kindle for almost 2 years, but I love physical books so much more. For one thing, even though Kindle screens are better than computer screens, I still like the feel and look and texture of paper. For another, I like images and pictures on physical books more, and I like the greater immediacy of flipping pages. I also dont need to worry about electricity running out.
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Carmel Thesere

Post by Carmel Thesere »

For me now a days its more convenient if I use ebooks rather than the paper book.
Azrevread
Currently Reading: Orcas Forever
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azrevread.html
Latest Review: Ten Directions by Samuel Winburn

Post by Azrevread »

In terms of convenience, the Ebooks are great because they can be read on mobile
devices. I also like paper books because I'm used to reading them, and there are some paper books
that aren't available in Ebook form.
Emerald Precious
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Emerald Precious »

Paper books, and there are many reasons. But I'm just so very tired
Kisses
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3330">Love accidental</a>
Currently Reading: The Lie Tree
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Kisses »

I love books, specially the feeling that your in the library.
U still buy some books but the books that is in the sale section ahahaha.
But I still want to teach my son to read books in paper version. I still want him to experience going to a library as the tradition thought us. Seeing a real shelves of books in different classification and using library cards.
In the other hand ebooks are more accessible, and can bring anywhere. Specially if reading is your everyday hobby, now I usually​ used ebooks, I know they are only in my poket.
But still I want to buy the book of Lang Leav the "Sad Love Story".
lostwon
Currently Reading: Night Falls Fast
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by lostwon »

I love the sight, feel, and even smell of paper books. I also like having a book shelf full of books. Too much screen time makes my eyes hurt a little. So, I definitely prefer paper books. I would never purchase an e-book.
Saps
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Saps »

Nothing can match the feeling of curling up with a good book at the end of a tiring day or in the middle of a weekend. Ebook just doesn't give that feeling of getting lost in a book and forgetting everything else. Still can't resist browsing at a book store and still a member at a local library.
Saps
Belynda White
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 8">Destiny Revisited</a>
Currently Reading: What Lies Within
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-belynda-white.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Belynda White »

Paperback anytime any day! Although Ebooks are cool and even less stressful if you make use of the audio, though must straineous to the eyes if reading than listening, I'd rather have a paperback because it feels natural and original, especially after such a stressful day.
Most times, I fall flat on my face. But never do I remain on the floor; I rise again.
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Slytherin_gurl
Favorite Book: I'll Point to Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slytherin-gurl.html

Post by Slytherin_gurl »

Ebooks are okay! I rather have a paper book or a hardback! Ebooks are travel size and in one place. For example, if I finished a book and then have to wait until I get home to read another book. I guess that could be the attraction. A portable book shelf. :techie-studyingbrown:
Jason Minton

Post by Jason Minton »

I personally enjoy paper books more. I like sitting down out side and just relaxing with a good book or just laying on my couch reading. But! I do like ebooks for when I am traveling, much more convenient, and take up less space to be sure!
Arma
Currently Reading: Green Lady
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arma.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by Arma »

I have tens of e-books and hundreds of paper books including my medical books. E-books are so millennial, alright. I know because I am one, but paper books are classics. Nothing beats a classic. I am more proud to hand carry a paper book than my tablet.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”