Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
py021997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by py021997 »

I feel ebook is going to happen to everyone, if you like it or not. I am comfortable with and paper book. Even though ebooks have countless advantages over paper books and very few missing experiencial trait.
megachirops
Currently Reading: Witch Is Where Magic Lives Now (A Witch P.I. Mystery #37)
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by megachirops »

I got the 1st gen Kindle for Christmas 2009 and I don't think I've read a paper book since. A couple years later I moved to FBReader on the phone and that's what I use to this day. I love having my entire bookshelf with me at all times without having to carry around anything extra.
CaptainTurtle8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-captainturtle8.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CaptainTurtle8 »

megachirops wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 17:47 I got the 1st gen Kindle for Christmas 2009 and I don't think I've read a paper book since. A couple years later I moved to FBReader on the phone and that's what I use to this day. I love having my entire bookshelf with me at all times without having to carry around anything extra.
I love that I can take my e-reader anywhere and able to get another book if I finish what I'm reading. SO much better to take on drives or vacations or anywhere I might be a little longer than normal. I read like crazy, so I love being able to just download another book if need be.
mkherren
Currently Reading: Assassins
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mkherren.html
Latest Review: The Millionaire's Cross by Sal Nudo

Post by mkherren »

I am a big time traditionalist! I grew up in a home where my mother and father, both then and now, have shelf after shelf of books. So growing up, everywhere I looked in my home were books, so I became an avid reader at an early age, and never stopped! While I do enjoy reading eBooks because they are obviously easier to navigate, impossible to misplace, and pretty much there whenever you have time to open a good book, I have to go with tangible books as my personal preference.
sarrod22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by sarrod22 »

I find this interesting because I love the feel of actual books in my hand. Especially on giveaways, I love the feel of a new book in my hands, the reaction of seeing its cover and its smell. It's weird haha.

But e-books are pretty easy to access and it is nice to have a book in my phone or tablet wherever I go. Especially useful during a pandemic when you do not want to touch things others touched :)
GreatReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greatreviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by GreatReviews »

For me, holding real books is always boring while reading. I'll be taking undue break. But with books first seeing them especially as arranged in my Libera Reader; it entices me a lot. Another thing is that at time I want the to read a portion out for me to hear. So, real books can never fill my book reading needs as does by an electronic device.
GreatReviews
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greatreviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by GreatReviews »

For me, holding real books is always boring while reading. I'll be taking undue break. But with books first seeing them especially as arranged in my Libera Reader; it entices me a lot. Another thing is that at time I may want the reader to read a portion out for me to hear. So, real books can never fill my book reading needs as does by an electronic device.
britcott30
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Hello, My Love
Currently Reading: The Overdue Life of Amy Byler
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britcott30.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by britcott30 »

It depends. If I really want the book, then I have to buy it paperback or hardback. If I just curious because of its controversial topic or something, I prefer the e-book
Storylover13
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Storylover13 »

Ebook or Paper back?

I like the idea of an Ebook, but it feels really nice to own a paper book. :D So, for me, paper back!
h-nicole518
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by h-nicole518 »

Personally, a paperback or hardcover just feels more tangible. Rather than sitting on your phone once more, to read. Having a book in your hand is a distraction. A getaway from reality and technology. Every now and then, it is okay to read on your smartphone or other device but I’d say, holding a crisp new book in your hand is a feeling that never dissipates.
Nongo paul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Nongo paul »

I prefer E book to a paper book
fridamadrid
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fridamadrid.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by fridamadrid »

i think ebooks have many advantages, like practicality and accesibility, and i haven't read a paper book in so long, but i still think they are a lot better, they are also not as damaging for the eyes as ebooks
natasha juhl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by natasha juhl »

I am always a fan of paper books because I feel like I cannot fully immerse myself into a digital book. I feel like I retain the story better on paper. You can physically see your progress on the physical book and can see exactly when you are halfway because of the seam on the spine.
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.” – Lemony Snicket
Aliphsi
Currently Reading: Life Lessons
Bookshelf Size: 877
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliphsi.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Aliphsi »

I do most of my reading on my kindle. It's so convenient and I can read about anywhere with it. Since I have it, my reading has increased exponentially. With that said it does take me longer to read from screens and I prefer reading a physical book if I have the opportunity. Still, I think e-readers improve your reading life.
braissac
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-braissac.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by braissac »

I love the sound of paper as pages are flipped over and over again. A bookshelf is the best decoration I'd rather have for my house.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”