Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
chidiekweozor
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chidiekweozor.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by chidiekweozor »

I prefer a paper book over eBook. This is because,holding a paper book in my hand makes it a concrete goal to finish reading it. As good as that is,paper books are produced by felling of trees and help to absorb the Carbon released into the atmosphere by industrial activities. The issues of global warming and climate change are connected to excess of Carbon gas in the atmosphere, and this is partly because of shortage of trees to absorb the Carbon. So eventually,the environmental fallouts of global warming and climate change will definitely force governments all over the world to come up with policies that will be against cutting of trees for the greater good of saving our planet. This is already happening in some places and that will affect availability of paper books.
Hope_Queen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hope-queen.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Hope_Queen »

Definitely paper back conventional way is always good
But e book has helped me to read vast variety of books
I no longer need to wait for best novels to buy i can read it in e book
Speedreaderonthemove
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Speedreaderonthemove »

I love reading so I don't differentiate much on what I read on, but I'd have to say reading a book is always the best. There's nothing like feeling of turning pages in your hand. And don't get me started on the smell of books.

I vote paper books.
:techie-studyinggray:
Jillpillbooknerd
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 1908
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillpillbooknerd.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jillpillbooknerd »

I really love the feel and smell of paperback books. But when I travel I cannot take a ton of books with me like I can with my Kindle. I'm going on a cruise later this month and I will be taking two paperbacks and my Kindle with me. You just can't beat an e-reader for travel.
Ann Mattocks
Currently Reading: One Way or Another
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-mattocks.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ann Mattocks »

Most of my reading is done on my Kindle app on my phone, not that I prefer this method, but it's more convenient being a mom on the go. If I had the time to run to the library or store every time I wanted to read a book, I would never use my Kindle. There is just something about the smell of an old library book and the way the pages feel in my fingertips as I turn the page that makes me feel like an accomplished reader.
NocturnalPenguin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by NocturnalPenguin »

I would say I like both. I like the nice physical feel of a book in my hands, but I have to admit that when I'm out or when I'm traveling, it's hard to take all the books I like. So I like e-books for their convenience, and also because it's easier to search things up with them. I'd say a bit of both is nice.
Bookgirleva
Currently Reading: The Sword of Shannara
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Bookgirleva »

Paper books for special and favorite books and ebooks for new items and traveling convenience
Betykm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by Betykm »

Keeping up with the busy schedules E book is awesome while you on the run.Its very convenient,but hey! a really book is fantastic ,,,,,turning those pages gives you a sense of being present.
Joe Hadithi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-hadithi.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Post by Joe Hadithi »

Paper books all day. But because of availability, I've had to go digital.
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
abbelicious
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by abbelicious »

ebooks. better for the environment and can easily tuck it into my purse.
rajput17

Post by rajput17 »

paper books are better than e-books. But E-BOOKS can help to find more content and information for your topic.
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

I think both are real enough for me. Each of these formats gives me a unique and satisfactory feeling and I don't think any outweighs the other for me.
Asisha Joseph
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asisha-joseph.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by Asisha Joseph »

The feel of reading is best enjoyed by paperback books. But in terms of versatility, ebooks win the race.
sszb
Favorite Book: Dear Mr. Knightley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sszb.html
Latest Review: Uncle Yuta has an Adventure by Claire Youmans
Reading Device: B072V4HK9F

Post by sszb »

I stated: I appreciate reading ebooks

Individuals:
What? 😳
No 😕
Why 😳

And then all of a sudden verbal confrontation began, revealing that physical books are better... The smell, the touch, the hold, the vibe of physical books, the tangibility aspects are fundamental and that, you can not embrace a PC..!

I regard your assessment, however genuinely in the event that if you can't acknowledge my decision about myself or my choices, then you folks have no privilege to call yourself reading addicts/ readers. (Sorry? Not sorry!)

The propensity for reading advances tolerance, regarding the distinctions. It shows persistence, a feeling of understanding which, I believe, some readers lack. Readers are assumed to be receptive.

In fact, if I ever needed to smell something I will prefer smelling roses. If there should be an occurrence of embrace, I will embrace my mom. On the off chance that If I need to feel the vibe, I will feel the words/the substance by the creator, not the organization.

I have heard and experienced segregations based on religious values, sexual orientations, regional and status differences. But, design/ format segregation? It was new to me. I felt stunned and disgust, both at the same time. I couldn't trust my eyes reading people reactions about ebooks. I never thought that readers will really spook you (or casually bully you) for reading and adoring ebooks.

Folks! a writer has exhibited his/her work, which may have taken much time and efforts; they may had restless evenings and all you cherish is the smell of paper and the feel of book. Seriously, if the sensuality of the book, is all that mattered to you, then you can not understand the literary efforts of William Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, John Green. Then people would had known the papers from publication houses only. And instead they would talk like, 'hey! have you smelled and embraced the bundle of papers from XYZ Publishers? Oh they are wonderful.'

Shouldn't something be said about the content. I appreciate ebooks in light of the fact that it is about content. Don't take me wrong, I am not against physical books nor I will judge somebody who prefers hard reading. But, I had bitter experience of people's judgement about my preferences. I have been unfriended and obstructed by few individuals simply because I LOVE READING EBOOKS. To those, all I want to say is i will CONTINUE READING AND PREFERRING EBOOKS.

For me, the content of book is VERY IMPORTANT(and I think it is important for other readers too). I adore 'THE BOOK THIEF' by Markus Zusak not because of its configuration but rather how insightfully and wonderfully he portrayed DEATH- the NARRATOR of the story. I appreciate Nicola YOON and her views about stereotyping that how profoundly one may hurt others life and how the little humbleness may prevent the other individual from conferring suicide in THE SUN IS ALSO A STAR. I adore the way John Green depicted the battle of unfulfilled dreams and wishes, and how he portrayed certain expectations of disease tolerant in THE FAULT IN OUR STARS. I adore the writing style of Stephanie Garber, that instantly catches the reader's attention in couple of minutes in her book CARAVAL. I cherish how Jacqueline Middleton have depicted the battle of young graduate writer in accomplishing her objectives.

I don't believe that reading a digital book will hurt writer in any sense, until or unless the digital book is free without the prior consent of the author which is clearly immoral and illegal. However, the physical books are likewise accessible in pirated /illicit forms. Irrespective of that, the majority of writers prefer their book to be published in all configurations. So, the bottom line is that Ebooks just damage the matter of Publisher houses, not authors.

In December 2016, I got the Book THE SUN IS ALSO A STAR BY NICOLA YOON by Owl Post membership box. I started reading it and thought instantly that it was fascinating yet still I was unable to appreciate its essence. Hence, I couldn't complete it.

Later in February 2017 I got the digital format of the very same book and I completed it in 3 days. Same creator, same story, same content, simply a unique configuration that I was comfortable with.I enjoy reading ebooks... How my preference is affecting any body's life? Why is it so difficult to accept?

Ebooks, books and audio books are just the way to connect with modern readers and to encourage today's generation to read. They are merely design constellations, not the principle content by the writer. As priory said, I don't hold anything against conventional methods of book reading, truth to be told I am exceptionally possessive about my books (be it hard book or soft book) but if I may have to pick book as per my choice, I will pick electronic one. I appreciate ebooks more than books.

So the lessons learnt are;

1. I never thought that people can be literary bigots and has the ability to discriminate on the basis of reading preferences.

2. I adore reading ebooks, I will read ebooks and in case if you can't accept and respect my decision (or any other opinion that is different than yours) it's your issue, not mine! (But seriously, get help!)

Piece of advise: If you may, please quit entangling things for new readers and let them pick their preferred configuration/ format that they are comfortable with.
Don't be a bigot!

–--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have written this blog after I suffered serious bullying from people on Instagram. Call me ebook fanatic but this is what I am.
Zainab Me

Post by Zainab Me »

i prefer E-book, because it is safe. it cant be deleted.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”